PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Cobra Cat FORWARD system

DeadVic
09-27-2005, 07:16 AM
will this directly bolt up to a stock MM and will it work without a retune? anyone tried it?

MarauderMark
09-27-2005, 08:15 AM
will this directly bolt up to a stock MM and will it work without a retune? anyone tried it?
This is a good question.. :cool:

SergntMac
09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
will this directly bolt up to a stock MM and will it work without a retune? anyone tried it? No one that I know of.

Will adding exhaust mods require a change in tune? No. But, as it's been said before, retuning would be in your best interest.

Will an exhaust system made for the Mustang frame fit the Panther frame? Unlikely. I know the Frod Racing "shorty" headers fit, so do the '03/'04 Cobra manifolds.

AzMarauder
09-27-2005, 04:59 PM
NO.. it will not fit directly. The exhaust manifolds/headers will fit fine. A modification has to be made in the h-pipe .. (welding in about 4" of pipe on each side). If you look in the gallery you will find pictures of the pipes modified. If you have the 2004 system I would think it would be relatively easy to have a shop make the necessary adjustments for you.