PDA

View Full Version : New Rumble, Surprised...

FordNut
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
I connected all the pieces today. The MAF to the intake tube, thru the ProCharger head unit and bypass valves, thru the Air-Air intercooler, into the throttle body. No belt connected to the blower yet, but that's about all there is left to do. Drove it about 80 miles setup like this to make sure everything was working ok and noticed a sound change. At idle, there is a distinctly louder rumble. Must be some resonance on the intake side being coupled to the chassis thru the intercooler. If it's already louder and the blower isn't even functional yet, I can just imagine what it's gonna be like Saturday! Also surprisingly the car runs fine like this, so I know I'll be ok if I have to bypass the blower for some reason in the future.

snowbird
09-30-2005, 02:34 AM
I connected all the pieces today. The MAF to the intake tube, thru the ProCharger head unit and bypass valves, thru the Air-Air intercooler, into the throttle body. No belt connected to the blower yet, but that's about all there is left to do. Drove it about 80 miles setup like this to make sure everything was working ok and noticed a sound change. At idle, there is a distinctly louder rumble. Must be some resonance on the intake side being coupled to the chassis thru the intercooler. If it's already louder and the blower isn't even functional yet, I can just imagine what it's gonna be like Saturday! Also surprisingly the car runs fine like this, so I know I'll be ok if I have to bypass the blower for some reason in the future.If i understand correctly, the whole setup is installed but you can, and use the standard belt in its standard locations (the only exception being that it doesn't loop around the supercharger pulley) ?

FordNut
09-30-2005, 03:50 AM
If i understand correctly, the whole setup is installed but you can, and use the standard belt in its standard locations (the only exception being that it doesn't loop around the supercharger pulley) ?
That is correct. The standard belt is routed between the blower pulley and the extra idler that comes with it. Doesn't touch either one of them.

FordNut
09-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Found the noise... The elbow connected to the throttle body was against the hood and vibration was resonating the entire hood.