PDA

View Full Version : Don't Drink & Drive!

ts-pa
10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
http://www.fnnc.org/drunk-driving.html

RoyLPita
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
(speechless)

Bradley G
10-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks, wake up call.

rocknrod
10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
:depress: Wow.........

juno
10-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks for that. I 'll make sure it get's around.

Hotrauder
10-04-2005, 10:51 AM
I need to say something but I can't right now!

StevenJ
10-04-2005, 11:32 AM
*A bit off topic....

Let me make this clear, what happened to this hispanic woman is horrible and no no one should have to go through that....

They don't really give you much in the way of details in the accident. At what speeds did the impact occur, was she wearing a seatbelt, what kind of car was the victim driving as well as the car the caused the accident? There's just a lot in this story that we aren't told. I'm not saying that drinking and driving is right. I mean, one or two beers is okay but any more is questionable. It's just there isn't a whole lot of information about the accident it self and how it occured.

Mad1
10-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for posting ... sad, but true.

Blackened300a
10-04-2005, 12:43 PM
That is Absolutely Horrible!! And Even Worse then What she looks like is the Fact that shes wearing that Stupid Hat on her Head in the Poster! AWFUL!

Dr Caleb
10-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the link. Every now and then we need to remember we aren't the only ones out on the road.

*A bit off topic....

It's just there isn't a whole lot of information about the accident it self and how it occured.

Irrelevant. The 17 year old driver was convicted. Don't make excuses for him, or anyone else.

The charge around here is "Impaired Driving causing death /bodily harm /XXXX. . ." How the accident happened does not figure into it. The 17 year old driver of the other car was imparied. Meaning, he had *a* beer, he had some cough syrup, he smoked some grass, he wasn't wearing his glasses. Anything that impairs your ability to drive.

"Driving with a blood alcohol level over .08%" is a different charge in most places.

DeepSea117
10-04-2005, 05:21 PM
They don't really give you much in the way of details in the accident. At what speeds did the impact occur, was she wearing a seatbelt, what kind of car was the victim driving as well as the car the caused the accident? There's just a lot in this story that we aren't told. I'm not saying that drinking and driving is right. I mean, one or two beers is okay but any more is questionable. It's just there isn't a whole lot of information about the accident it self and how it occured.
At the bottom it said the drunk driver was driving an SUV, and she was in what looks like a sedan, which they said was an Oldsmobile. There were four passengers, two who died at the accident, and another survivor.

StevenJ
10-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Yeah I read that part at the bottom but it could of been a bit more specific. Ah nevermind.

04funmerc
10-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Truly terrible.

blackf0rk
10-05-2005, 12:41 PM
This is no consolation, but now that man who will rot in jail will have his whole life to look upon the once beautiful face that he has turned into a masterpeice of hell. Even if the face that is tormented leaves this world, it will haunt his mind for the rest of his life.

I hope Reggie reflects upon her melted face everyday...

Way to go Reggie! You Stupid drunk.

GreekGod
10-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Perhaps learning this story should be mandatory in every high school in the USA.

David Morton
10-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Normal people don't think that driving impaired is OK. Normal people have one drink and call a cab or make other arrangements, like having a designated driver or waiting for the effect to wear off.

An alcoholic would say that driving under the influence of alcohol, any amount of alcohol, is OK.

The brain of an alcoholic will make the decision to drive impaired anyways.

The mind of an alcoholic will look for other reasons for the accident and refuse to accept that alcohol is the controllable element that he failed to control, that society insists everybody must control, for the sake of the publics' safety.

The alcoholic thinks only of his own pain or pleasure.

He suffers from a physical and mental illness that makes him a danger to society, his family and himself.

He has only three options, three fates, three destinies. Locked up, covered up (buried) or sobered up.

Look at this mans face again. He knows who's at fault, and why.

I'm an alcoholic.

I haven't had a drink since January 20th, 1999. I, my family and society was more fortunate than this poor fellow. I have a full and happy life now and seldom do I even think of a drink much less want one.

If you want to know how I sobered up, maybe you're an alcoholic too. Most normal people don't feel the need to know how a drunk sobered up, they're just glad he did. Mostly they seem confused as to why a former drunk would tell other people he is an alcoholic and that he doesn't drink any more. They're like, huh? But other former drunks know why.

If you want to know how I got sobered up send me a PM or an e-mail, I'll be glad to tell you. But I suspect you already know what I'm going to say. So if you don't want to ask me, why don't you just make that call anyway?

Good luck all, and God speed.

GreekGod
10-06-2005, 04:32 AM
I just went 20 years without an alcoholic drink (Sept 6, 1985). I saw what drinking abuse can do to friends and family and had no trouble quiting. It's usually not so easy for an addict. As a counselor once said, they can't quit until they have had enough to drink. I was told the only three outcomes are death, insanity, or sobriety.