PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!

Sully008
10-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Well, we're getting our first snow fall of the year.:mad2: A Colorado Low is coming up and we're getting between 5-10cm during the day, and another possible 5cm overnight. It's already snowing pretty good right now. I don't look forward to heading home tonight 'cause I don't have my winter wheels/tires on yet, and all the psycho driver's out there have forgotten how to drive in the snow. Mind you, it'll all melt in by Friday anyways.

Eric91Z
10-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Are you actually in colorado? I remember the falls and springs when you could get at least 3 full seasons of weather within one day. But I loved the 10" of snow one day and 65 degrees a couple days later. I wore shorts most of the winter when I lived in Boulder, CO.

I am not looking forward to the snow here, so please enjoy it for us. And watch out for the crazies. Getting my snow tires mounted up on the CVPI wheels this weekend so they are ready to go when the time comes.

DEFYANT
10-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Drive carefull. We should be good for at least another 6-8 weeks before snow gets here.

jefferson-mo
10-05-2005, 09:30 AM
UHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... ........................

wutz 'snow' ?? :confused:

Sully008
10-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Are you actually in colorado? No, I'm not in Colorado. But the "Colorado Low" is a weather system that originates from the Colorado area, bringing lots of precipitation up North. With our cool North winds, it ends up being a nasty storm sometimes.

jefferson-mo:

Here's the kind of snow we get up here in "Winterpeg":D:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/Winnipeg_snowstorm_aftermath.j pg

Dr Caleb
10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I feel for you Sully. That Colorado system is wreaking havoc south of here in Calgary. I was there yesterday, and luckily I had the foresight to take the Crown Vic, which has all-seasons on.

Here, it's just d*mn cold. Single digits during the day, well below freezing at night. With natural gas over $12.GJ, I just watch the $20 bills penetrate the walls. :censor: Looking forward to the $500 a month it'll take to heat this cave come January. :rolleyes:

Donna
10-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Well, we're getting our first snow fall of the year.:mad2: A Colorado Low is coming up and we're getting between 5-10cm during the day, and another possible 5cm overnight. It's already snowing pretty good right now. I don't look forward to heading home tonight 'cause I don't have my winter wheels/tires on yet, and all the psycho driver's out there have forgotten how to drive in the snow. Mind you, it'll all melt in by Friday anyways.

WE are soooo jealous that you getting some snow already. Keema loves the snow...well, so do I :hide:

jabird56
10-05-2005, 04:29 PM
It's forecasted for 31 F here Thursday and Friday morning in the Heartland.

Snow is a coming.... The NOAA URL below shows the snow mass creeping down. :snowman:
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/SNOW/DATA/cursnow_usa.gif

P.S. It's just 81 days til Christmas, who wants my wish list....

QWK SVT
10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
I feel for you Sully. That Colorado system is wreaking havoc south of here in Calgary. I was there yesterday, and luckily I had the foresight to take the Crown Vic, which has all-seasons on.

Here, it's just d*mn cold. Single digits during the day, well below freezing at night. With natural gas over $12.GJ, I just watch the $20 bills penetrate the walls. :censor: Looking forward to the $500 a month it'll take to heat this cave come January. :rolleyes:
Not to rub it in, but the temps were in the high 20's today, in T.O. They're calling for cool air for Thanksgiving... Saturday's a high of 16 - near perfect day for a trip to the track :D ;)

jgc61sr2002
10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
WOW saw that on the news.

The current temp. on Long Island is 65 and the high today was 75.

jefferson-mo
10-05-2005, 06:13 PM
We had what's called a "Santa Ana" condition today...........

High pressure over the 4 Corners area pushes the desert heat westward,

Strong hot winds from the Northeast of us............

Near 90 at the Coast, 84 in the desert(should be 100) and 73 in Vegas!

Upside:Dry, extremely clean Mountain/Desert air in the Big City........

Downside: Hot, Dry, Windy=EXTREME fire danger........

jefferson-mo
10-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah...............excuse me..........

I hafta go mow my lawn and start my BBQ :loco:

de minimus
10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Snow? that's the white cold stuff that you find in the mountains isn't it?

Dr Caleb
10-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Not to rub it in, but the temps were in the high 20's today, in T.O. They're calling for cool air for Thanksgiving... Saturday's a high of 16 - near perfect day for a trip to the track :D ;)

Yea, I saw, +28 in Montreal today. But, just so long as you aren't rubbing it in or nothing . . .;)

Ahhh Jefferson. Think about me in the winter when I try to start my BBQ, and it won't because the propane is frozen :(

Sully008
10-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in. :P I talked to my brother who's in school @ UofT and he mentioned it was high 20s. Made it home safe and sound after work. It's now almost 10pm and it's been snowing for 12 hours straight now....

Bradley G
10-05-2005, 08:02 PM
So our lousy fourty degree drop in twelve hours looks like nothin'

python357
10-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Are you actually in colorado? . Not flaming you but when did thay start measuring snow in cm's in the USA.

:beer:

Eric91Z
10-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Not flaming you but when did thay start measuring snow in cm's in the USA.

:beer:

Hey, some people prefer it... :D

Vortex
10-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, at 6pm tonight I turned off the a/c for the first time since last April. Supposed to get into the 50's I think here tonight. No snow on the horizon...

Dragcity
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
I am still looking for the right match of wheels/tires for my MM. Is it true a 16" wheel will fit over the calipers on the front & rear?

Sully008
10-07-2005, 11:53 AM
I am still looking for the right match of wheels/tires for my MM. Is it true a 16" wheel will fit over the calipers on the front & rear?
The 16" CVPI steel wheels are the one most members are using. They do fit over the calipers. Does your MM have traction control? If so, you might have to keep the different aspect ratio from front/rear or the T/C will go psycho.

Dragcity
10-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Yes, My '04 has t/c. Dennis is setting me up w/Xcal2 to turn off T/C. It's the ABS I'm concerned about. Different module. I think Tirerack has a 16" F/R set to accomodate. Just wanted to be sure the 16's make it.

Now to call my copper friend to see about some 16" steelies. May the force has some extras?????

rayjay
10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Ya'll can keep the snow up there. We had the hottest summer on record here in central NYS. Its still beautiful. 70 plus degrees overnight on October 7th? sick :D

Sully008
10-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Yes, My '04 has t/c. Dennis is setting me up w/Xcal2 to turn off T/C. It's the ABS I'm concerned about. Different module. I think Tirerack has a 16" F/R set to accomodate. Just wanted to be sure the 16's make it.

Now to call my copper friend to see about some 16" steelies. May the force has some extras?????

Make sure you get them from an '03+ CVPI. The offsets are different for years below '03.

Smokie
10-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah, we had a bit of a cold spell ourselves....it rained most of the day and the temps dropped in to the mid-...........80'sF...:eek:

Oh the horror..........:fire:

Eric91Z
10-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Yes, I have the 16" CVPI steel wheels that I am getting my snow tires mounted on this weekend. I got my Pirelli Snow & Ice winter tire setup from Tire Rack. They should now have a winter tire package lined up for correct size to work with the ABS and TC.