PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

HgBlues
09-04-2002, 09:13 AM
I know a lot of you guys are probably getting tired of hearing this, but it's my turn. "GOT MINE TODAY!!!" I have been waiting three years for this thing. I have a '95 Impala SS with minor modifications. Now I just need to find somebody to drive my SS for me so I can race the Marauder against it! My seat of the pants driving impression says the SS will blow the Marauder away. Hopefully, it will pull stronger after breakin.

Logan
09-04-2002, 09:18 AM
Welcome!

The gears n' chip mod will cure the marauders acceleration woes...

Wags
09-04-2002, 11:22 AM
HgBlues,

I had a buddy drive my '96 Impala, and I drove my MM. The Impala, in short runs (both being stock), blew the MM out of the water. But, in the 1/4, the Marauder out pulled it by about .4 sec. The Marauder outpulls after getting into the power band of the engine. I'll see how they compare after I do the chip and gears and exhaust. Logan, did you see a big difference from just the chip? I drive almost all highway, and I'm still debating the gears.

Thanks,

Wags

Logan
09-04-2002, 12:41 PM
Heck yeah. I got 18hp and 30ft/lbs from the chip. Dyno proven.

Awwwww come on... Do the gears... :) It's only another 300rpm at 70mph... What's 300rpm? You won't even notice. :)

bozobill
09-04-2002, 03:17 PM
Logan,

This site has become an effective voice and info source for all of us and we all appreciate the time and effort you have expended to make it as good as it is. As a 62 year old father and grandfather the only concern I have is that we all take up TOOO much of your time and don't let you spend enough time with your new twins and wife. Take a moment and let us know how the family is doing with the guy who "lives three lives".

Bill

Logan
09-04-2002, 04:22 PM
hahaha.. The site pretty much runs itself. The only labor intensive part is doing the reviews in the reviews section. I maybe spend a total of 4 hours on this site a week.

This site is a *****cat in terms of size and amount of work involved, compared to my other site, http://www.mercurycougar.net, which is dedicated to my other love, classic Mercury Cougar's... That site needs about 8 hours a week of maintenance...

I have an idea that within a year or so, this site will far surpass the 1000 user load that I've got at mercurycougar.net

The wife and kids are doing well, I have to get some new pics up on our personal site soon... hmmm...

Anyway, thanks for caring! :)