PDA

View Full Version : Neat new shotgun

Mike Poore
10-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Hey 2SX shotgun lovers, take a look at this! The answer to your question is, yes I did; single selective trigger, grey engraving, and exhibition wood.
This gives new meaning to the Mike's birthday festival month concept...a new high, if you will. :D

http://www.connecticutshotgun.com/rblvideo.htm

Hotrauder
10-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Absolutely beautiful. Good on you!:)

Shora
10-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Since I do not hunt, I never thought to spend over $1,000 on a shot gun. I am glad that I have no use for a shotgun or I would be in about $3,500 (with the options that I like) more broke.

Anyone know the benefits/ negatives of a two trigger shot gun?

Mike Poore
10-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Many like the look and function of two triggers. But guys like me who wear gloves and are not used to double triggers find it convenient to use single selective trigger. Also, since I intend to use this gun for upland game (grouse mostly), rather than as a collector gun, I chose the single trigger, just because it's easier for me to use. If it was going to be put in the cabinet (trailer queen) it most likely, would have been ordered with double triggers.

Turn of the century (1900) fine American doubles, Fox, Parker, LeFever, and L.C.Smith, and others, offered single selective trigger and ejectors in their higher grade doubles, at additional cost. These days, those guns are considered "art" and demand very high prices. There's a Fox trap gun for sale at Cabela's for nearly $45K :)

GodOSpeed
10-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Makes it real convenient to pull both barrels a once. Fun fun fun.

Real nice gun! I do sorrowfully miss my old double barrel.

Pheasant season opens today... All packed up and ready to go! Nothing like cat-tail fuzzies up the nose to really get your morning hunt started! Roosters Beware!

Mike Poore
10-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Pheasant season opens today... All packed up and ready to go! Nothing like cat-tail fuzzies up the nose to really get your morning hunt started! Roosters Beware!

OOOHHH! North Dakota Pheasants; the stories are legand! :)

GreekGod
10-07-2005, 07:30 PM
It sure is a purdy gun, and reasonably priced for such a work of art. Well done video with the Carmina Burana sound track.