PDA

View Full Version : This... could be dangerous

Donny Carlson
10-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Madden LM (formerly Champion) has a Black 2006 Lincoln LS Sport on the lot. This car is almost exactly what I would order if I ordered an LS. Sticker is $47,705 with the Elite Package Discount, invoice is $44,195 and Lincoln is offering $2,000 in incentives for Ford Credit financing (60 at 1.9).

It has the works, THX 6 disc audio/navigation, moon roof, heated cooled front seats, meory pedals, speed sensitive wipers, advance trac, HID headlamps, 17" chrome wheels, 235/50 VR 17 AS tires. Nice car.

The dangerous part? Farting around and punching in numbers at the Ford Credit site, I have approved financing on this car (My MM was Ford Credit financed).

I thought about going over to test drive it tomorrow, but the "Just sign here and you can drive it home, sir." is waaaayyyy too dangerous.

http://www.lincoln.com/media/vehicles/ls/gallery/photos/ext_main_5.jpg

It looks like this.

Petrograde
10-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Nice Donny,... I was looking at those too,.. but, I'd have to trade the Marauder... so no '06 LS for me.

I was thinking about getting an '03 or '04 LS for the wife.

good luck!

Tallboy
10-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Life's too damn short. Screw it. Buy the LS and park it next to the Marauder! :beer:

Agent M79
10-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Hmmm. I am just thinking what $40,000 could do to a Marauder.

Donny Carlson
10-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Hmmm. I am just thinking what $40,000 could do to a Marauder.
Yeah, really. The thing is, FC will finance $45,000 without batting an eyelash, assuming it's on a new car. I rather doubt they'd give it to me if I wanted it to use it on my 03 Marauder, no matter how much I begged.

Still, if I had $40K lying around.... I can think of a few cools things my MM could use.

FordNut
10-09-2005, 06:28 PM
It's nice, but it ain't the car the Marauder is.

Big House
10-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Funny, the Ls and the Marauer were the only two cars I was looking at when my T-Bird (RIP) was stolen. The wife didn't like the LS's feel but test driving it...the little bugga can handle pretty well. Tooka nice corner 2 at about 50 and down shifted into third punching out of it. Kinda surprized the sales guy. In the end I am more than happy with my Marauder.

StevenJ
10-09-2005, 07:18 PM
The V8 LS is actually a bit slow. It runs the same time as a stock Marauder in the quatermile, 15 flat. Plus, there's no aftermarket for it. I'd get a 3.5l CTS auto for a bit less and it's about just as fast. But that's me.

CRUZTAKER
10-09-2005, 08:07 PM
We had an LS SPORT from an earlier year and recently traded it for the Aviator.
Reason? Interior space and trunk space.

Awesome car no doubt. And easily tuned with Jerry's specs for massive gains, (as we know first hand).

But dude...with all respect...Are you comfortable with the interior space? This is a much smaller car. I felt confined, and I'm a twig.

Bigdogjim
10-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Life's too damn short. Screw it. Buy the LS and park it next to the Marauder! :beer:my thought also................

Donny Carlson
10-09-2005, 09:13 PM
But dude...with all respect...Are you comfortable with the interior space? This is a much smaller car. I felt confined, and I'm a twig.
Meaning will I be able to stuff my big fat ass into the driver seat?

Remains to be seen. I'll go by for a fitting tomorrow.

This car would be my new commuter, the MM would be relegated to fun drives and occasional track runs. The smaller size appeals to me in that it should get better mileage and provide less of a target in the parking lot at work.

I'll see. They have a new Zepher in stock, white with a tan interior, though it's tucked away behind a fence. Be interesting to see that, but I aint too keen on that duratech V6 FWD drive train. May as well buy a Taurus.

Bigdogjim
10-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I'll see. They have a new Zepher in stock, white with a tan interior, though it's tucked away behind a fence. Be interesting to see that, but I aint too keen on that duratech V6 FWD drive train. May as well buy a Taurus.
This is the replacement Ford's version is a Fusion. I drove on Friday and I liked it. Not a lot of extra room for me but, not bad either.

RCSignals
10-09-2005, 10:03 PM
We had an LS SPORT from an earlier year and recently traded it for the Aviator.
Reason? Interior space and trunk space.

Awesome car no doubt. And easily tuned with Jerry's specs for massive gains, (as we know first hand).

I agree with this. I was given an LS as a courtesy car once. It was solid, drove and handled extremely well....it's Fords best kept little secret.
I've read that it's one of the stiffest unibodies there is.

Thing is it felt small from the drivers seat, and the trunk was small-ish.

The new Charger fits into this small-ish category too.

FordNut
10-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Meaning will I be able to stuff my big fat ass into the driver seat?

Not really, I had one too and traded it in for the wife's MM. It felt cramped, no legroom, tight around the shoulders, etc. Really peppy, rode and drove good and I liked it until I got the MM.

less of a target in the parking lot at work.

It's a fragile target too. Apparently the metal is thinner than the MM door panels, as the slightest touch by a door against the LS panels puts a dent in it. The MM is much more durable from my experience.

MENINBLK
10-09-2005, 11:09 PM
...I aint too keen on that duratech V6 FWD drive train. May as well buy a Taurus.

If it comes with the new 6 spd automatic, don't worry about the drive train.
The new tranny is a modular design and should prove to be much more reliable.
FORD can easily swap in and out, stages for 5 spd, 6spd, or 7 spd for the future,
if everything I've read has followed through and made it into the Fusion/Zephyr/Milan.

It should make for a good and reliable ride.

Vortex
10-10-2005, 06:48 AM
If you want an LS you'd better hurry because I think I read this is the last year for them.

ckadiddle
10-10-2005, 07:56 AM
The LS is a nice car. We had one for a weekend as a loaner. Just not big enough for my taste. The wife loved it. Was peppy and luxurious. Kinda like a baby Marauder in some ways. If you can get that low financing, go for it.

Marauder2005
10-10-2005, 09:54 AM
That picture of the LS looks great, awsome looking car, but very $$$$

Donny Carlson
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
I went over to Madden this morning. They were hip to my approved status because FMC has emailed them this morning, so you can imagine they were all smiles. I got a chance to check out the LS without a salesturd hoovering over me.

I can see why, if you are taller than me, this car would be cramped. It is much smaller. I didn't have problems with leg room, and could adjust the seats and pedals okay. I fit okay.

The problem? The door smacked against my left knee when I shut it and my knee pressed against the trim while shut. I have arthritis in that knee, so I could see that it wouldn't take long before my knee would be letting me know how unhappy it was with the pressure against it. That's one BIG no vote right there.

Also, the THX sound system? The custom system in my Marauder beats it hands down with sound quality, especially lows from my MM's subwoofer/wavebox. I didn't like having to push a button to access the CD slot, and the touch screen is a pia unless you're looking right at it. After a few minutes of screen touching you could see fingeprints, so i can imagine it will look a mess unless you constantly wipe it clean. Eechh.

So, no LS for me. They get a Zepher in next week, I'll go look at it.

BTW, they threw me the keys to an 06 Mark LT (silver birch 2WD, $42K, less than the LS) and let me drive it around the rest of the morning. Nice, very, very nice. You can tell the extra weight, but still, nice. Course, it's tottally not what I'm looking for, size and mileage wise, but hey.