PDA

View Full Version : Dodge SRT10 HOLY CAA-CAA

Donny Carlson
10-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Nosing around the nearby Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer, who has two SRT-10 Ram pickups out front.

First, they want $10,000 OVER STICKER for these beasts.

Second, city mileage on the sticker? >9< I read in Motor Trend (iirc) the recorded mileage during runs around a track? 2.6 MPG.

Tank size is 26 gallons. So, each fill up (assuming 25 gallona at $3 a gallon - gotta use 93 octane) sets you back $75, and at 9 MPG city driving, you'll go, maybe, 200 miles. Lead foot it down the highway, and you'll go maybe 150 miles between fillups.

I guess if you can afford it, eh. Too rich for me.

torinodan
10-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Out here in Cali they want the 10 you spoke of then before you drive it they want a $1,000 for a security deposit!!! If it's too much for you out here it's way too much for me. Crap, I can't even drive the thing for a joy ride!:P

StevenJ
10-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I've seen a number of the, single cab and quad cab, in Florida. I don't know what is but these Dodge guys think their Rams are muscle cars with beds or something. It don't matter what is under the hood. Even if it has got just the 4.7l SOHC V8, they put mufflers on it and drive like a muscle car or something. I saw a SRT10 on the highway. I was going to try to cut him off and pass him but, I decided not to bother and back off. It's important to know your boundries afterall. :burnout:There are a few Ram SRT10s at the Tower Shops on Firdays as well. It depends. I like the Silverado SS myself. It may not be super fast stock but thoose Chevy trucks have an aftermarket like no other. So yeah....

duhtroll
10-10-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm tired of these corporation-imposed gas crises.

Last time they said we were having gas shortages I bought a MM.

This time, I think I'll buy an aircraft carrier.

-A

huot5
10-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Down here in Miami, there are numerous '05 special edition SRT-10's (white with two blue stripes and bed cover and wing for 50K. navigation, subwoofer, etc. no markup written on the window or elsewhere. the surprising thing is ...they're '05's. the prices will be negotiable soon. very nice truck, but the Ford Lightning is not a dog off the line like the SRT. the SRT can definitely spank it on the highway tho. ( after about 100 +).

but we are free to pick our poisons......

StevenJ
10-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Down here in Miami, there are numerous '05 special edition SRT-10's (white with two blue stripes and bed cover and wing for 50K. navigation, subwoofer, etc. no markup written on the window or elsewhere. the surprising thing is ...they're '05's. the prices will be negotiable soon. very nice truck, but the Ford Lightning is not a dog off the line like the SRT. the SRT can definitely spank it on the highway tho. ( after about 100 +).

but we are free to pick our poisons......
Yup, I live just north of Miami. I see em every now and then on I75 like I stated earlier. What's with dudes in South Florida and Dodges? Nevermind the SRT10s. It seems like everyone wants a 1500 Hemi Ram. I don't get it.

Vortex
10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Yup, I live just north of Miami. I see em every now and then on I75 like I stated earlier. What's with dudes in South Florida and Dodges? Nevermind the SRT10s. It seems like everyone wants a 1500 Hemi Ram. I don't get it.
They must have good taste in trucks I guess.... :banana2:

Directedby
10-11-2005, 08:10 AM
nice truck.

RoyLPita
10-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Highway estimates are 15 for the single cab 6 speed 12 for the 4 door automatic. At 1st, one feels like "Rat Fink" when driving the 6 spped one. However, the shift throws are very short with the very long shifter arm.

Logan
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
You kiddin me? They can't GIVE the SRT10's away here in Texas... They sit on the lots for months...and months...and months...

94_302
10-11-2005, 02:45 PM
An Inifiniti dealer had a red SRT-10 a few months after they came out with maybe 5k on the odo and they couldnt sell it for high 30's it sat forever. I think they were a big dissapointment as far as 1/4 mile performance because most people cant get them to run the 12.9 that was claimed. Most seem to have trouble running mid 13's Give me a Lightning any day cheaper initial cost , cheaper to mod, and it looks better. :D

Big House
10-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I second that notion.:cool:

An Inifiniti dealer had a red SRT-10 a few months after they came out with maybe 5k on the odo and they couldnt sell it for high 30's it sat forever. I think they were a big dissapointment as far as 1/4 mile performance because most people cant get them to run the 12.9 that was claimed. Most seem to have trouble running mid 13's Give me a Lightning any day cheaper initial cost , cheaper to mod, and it looks better. :D

BlackHole
10-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Like I always say Dodge named it right SRT=Stupid Retarded Truck

But what really would frost me is that the Quad cab Autos are more consistent speed wise over the reg cab 6 spd. I mean most QC are mid 13's and they also have almost 500 more pounds over they'er reg cab bretheren

But I still am looking for one for my Silver truck to mess with Reg or QC. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

QWK SVT
10-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Like I always say Dodge named it right SRT=Stupid Retarded Truck

But what really would frost me is that the Quad cab Autos are more consistent speed wise over the reg cab 6 spd. I mean most QC are mid 13's and they also have almost 500 more pounds over they'er reg cab bretheren

But I still am looking for one for my Silver truck to mess with Reg or QC. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:That's because no one can consistently find 3rd gear on the short throw, with that 2-foot long shifter! The QC's automatic makes it much more consistent.

I've spent some time inside an RC SRT-10, and I'm certainly not going to get rid of my truck, for it. The interior is reasonably comfortable. The dash isn't as plastic as most Fords. Overall, I'm not a fan of the looks - it's like all the new Dailmers, you either hate it, or you throw up when you see it...

Power is a wash with an L (stock for stock), but the handling is awful. The SRT may be able to outhandle my old 1987 Caddie Sedan DeVille, but not the L or an MM. It brakes well, so don't tailgate one, but you'd be showing your tailgate anyway. One thing they did right in the Dodge is a stereo. MUCH nicer than any Ford Radio I've ever listened to.

Price kills it, though... What a deal? For $50K + $10K supercharger, you can hang with a lightly modded (under $1000) Lightning... Wow. :rolleyes:

Now, the real question... When are you gonna port that Heaton, and see what it can really do? :burnout:

Rider90
10-11-2005, 08:21 PM
I like the truck, but for the price, I should atleast like the dashboard...

94_302
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Even all performance aside. You can't deny.
http://plaza.ufl.edu/mrgadget/pics/clean%20new%20wheels/P1010009.jpg
Looks so much better than this.
http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/9/12/188/757/1789077210.188757400.IM1.03.56 5x421_A.562x421.jpg

BlackHole
10-11-2005, 09:28 PM
That's because no one can consistently find 3rd gear on the short throw, with that 2-foot long shifter! The QC's automatic makes it much more consistent.

I've spent some time inside an RC SRT-10, and I'm certainly not going to get rid of my truck, for it. The interior is reasonably comfortable. The dash isn't as plastic as most Fords. Overall, I'm not a fan of the looks - it's like all the new Dailmers, you either hate it, or you throw up when you see it...

Power is a wash with an L (stock for stock), but the handling is awful. The SRT may be able to outhandle my old 1987 Caddie Sedan DeVille, but not the L or an MM. It brakes well, so don't tailgate one, but you'd be showing your tailgate anyway. One thing they did right in the Dodge is a stereo. MUCH nicer than any Ford Radio I've ever listened to.

Price kills it, though... What a deal? For $50K + $10K supercharger, you can hang with a lightly modded (under $1000) Lightning... Wow. :rolleyes:

Now, the real question... When are you gonna port that Heaton, and see what it can really do? :burnout:

Problem with me is Rome wasn't built in a day but I should have some new fast goodies for the L by this weekend Like Dual electric fans and a Cobra R water pump. But I would like to do the FTVB before the port and polished Staigmere SP?? Heaton.

QWK SVT
10-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Problem with me is Rome wasn't built in a day but I should have some new fast goodies for the L by this weekend Like Dual electric fans and a Cobra R water pump. But I would like to do the FTVB before the port and polished Staigmere SP?? Heaton.I've been debating the FTVB, but I have a flip chip from JLP installed (which is now bang on for my current mods). I still have torque reduction on, but slightly snappier shifts. I'm trying to avoid any mods that mess with the tune, right now.

I'm starting to think about winter upgrades, and an efan is on the list... Which kit did you go with (or are you making your own)? Let me know how you like it.

The Steigmier porting is definitely worth it! With comparable weather, I've dropped 2 tenths, picked up 2-3 mph and have introduced more traction problems. I've now got a pair of Nitto Drag Radials mounted - I'm hoping to better my previous best, with a little traction. We'll see, this weekend - if the weather allows...

BlackHole
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Guy I know on SVTPerformance.com sold both Brand new never used.

The Efan I got was RPM Outlets twin 15" fan system

huot5
10-12-2005, 06:57 PM
That's about it. the Ford stereo system sux. and the Ram trucks look nicer & more muscular than the new 04-05 ford f-150's. those Rumble sport hami super bumbles striped out and no where to go trucks may look fast but they don't have any game. I'll keep my MM and 02 F-150 HD.