PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fusion, eh, not bad

Donny Carlson
10-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Skinner Ford got their first inventory Fusion sedan today, and my salesturd called my up to come see it. Nice car, fit and finish is good, the styling definitely drawn from the 427 concept. It's about the size of a Taurus, smallish on the inside but not bad. A definite improvement over the Taurus/Sable, but that Duratec V6 is not going to quicken any pulses. Sticker was 24K with a lot of options. This niche of the market is pretty crowded, 4 dr v6's.

Good luck FOMOCO.

bigslim
10-11-2005, 09:39 PM
There will be an AWD model as well as an SVT to come at a later date.

BlackHole
10-11-2005, 09:41 PM
If the SVT version comes anywere close to the SVT Contour this might be whats next for me.

Rider90
10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I saw one in traffic the other day, I guess we could call it Yesterday, and I was slightly impressed. It looked pretty nice.

Bigdogjim
10-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I beat on one last weekend.

Next years NASCAR racer.............

Others are back to RWD this one is FWD.............Ford missed again................

So close but so far....................

MENINBLK
10-11-2005, 10:58 PM
If the SVT version comes anywere close to the SVT Contour this might be whats next for me.

If the SVT Fusion is anything like the SVT Contour,
you'd better run very fast...

MENINBLK
10-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Others are back to RWD this one is FWD...

Who is back to RWD ???

Even the Impala SS for 06 is FWD and it has a 4-6-8 5.3L V8 !!!
Didn't GM learn anything either ???

jonroe
10-12-2005, 05:09 AM
When is Ford going to move beyond the Duratec? I won't buy anything along these lines until Ford comes up with a better engine. They can't compete with most any other engine in this class out there.

I, too, thought the Fusion appearance was on the right track. Now, let's make it fun instead of a drag.

Jon

jerrym3
10-12-2005, 05:42 AM
The Mercury Milan looks pretty nice. Upscale Fusion. I like the Fusion interior better than my 2004 LS 8 Sport. (I'm still pretty amazed as to the way the LS 8 performs.)

There's a Lincoln Zephyer (sp?) in the local L&M showroom. Not bad, but the V-6 thing kind of hurts it.

Saw the 2006 Lincoln LS. Grille (and rear plate surround) now appear to be body color, but the grille vertical slats are now chromed. Nice treatment on the front facia and parking lights.

The new GM has a more Crown Vic look in the front as the lights/grille/lights front end is now broken up with metal, ala the CV. Grille has a more stand alone look. Looks good.

The 2006 that I saw in a new color (smoke) had a serious paint defect between the grille and headlights. Looked like someone using a buffer had burned a spot into the paint.

Unbelievable deal for the price.

Mike Poore
10-12-2005, 09:50 AM
...... as an SVT to come at a later date.

AH, HA! So, the cat's out of the bag, for good, eh? Steve would't tell us at the MMVlll breakfast, nor would Jerry come clean, after his, almost, slip in a post a while back. I'm guessing this is the official proclimation, and so, all we're waiting for now, is the details. :woohoo: