PDA

View Full Version : Another Day for flowers and Candy :(

MERCMAN
10-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Don't forget Sat. is "sweetest Day"

Another *&@%@$@^@( "holiday promoted by the #^#*&% florists to make all men look bad when we "forget " it.

You have been reminded!!!!!!

Mike Poore
10-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Another *&@%@$@^@( "holiday promoted by the #^#*&% florists to make all men look bad when we "forget " it.

You have been reminded!!!!!!I'll send some to my $#*#%*% boss. Thanks for the reminder! :laugh:

Bigdogjim
10-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Maybe I'll take Garfield for a ride in theMarauder:)

duhtroll
10-14-2005, 05:34 AM
No flowers or candy or anything from me on V-day or this new manufactured holiday. Nor from my wife. It was a condition upon our getting married.

We do flowers and other things throughout the rest of the year, but we don't bow to corporate greed. I know that sounds like a liberal post but there's no significance whatsoever to Valentine's day and this new farce. It was just invented to sell stuff. (and at higher prices I might add - ever notice the price of a dozen roses is always highest for these "holidays" because they have forced the demand?) So we boycott, and buy things for each other at other times.

It's far more fun when it's unexpected, anyway. Adding expectation ruins it IMO.

-A

Bradley G
10-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Instead of thinking of how to revolt!

Spend the same effort, thinking of a special way to show your sweetie how special he or she is.
Doesn't have to be about money.
Now I get, when Gramma used to say, how much The "Home made cards " made her feel! :P

Fastronald
10-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Rookies.....................Sw eetest day my ass.................it's my 25th Wedding Anniversary. No Sweetest Day card will work Saturday!

Merc-O-matic
10-14-2005, 07:33 PM

You have been reminded!!!!!!

"Sweetest Day" was started in Cleveland, Ohio (1935)
by the American Greetings Corp. to create a new way
to sell more cards.
Holiday is only celebrated in the Mid-West.
Where is my candy...forget the card.

Gotta Love It! :rasta: