PDA

View Full Version : GM reaches agreement with UAW, DC and Ford to follow??

MERCMAN
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051017/bs_nm/autos_gm_dc

MikesMerc
10-17-2005, 02:17 PM
This is only the beginning. The real deal comes in 2007.

Delphi was only the tip of the iceberg.

MikesMerc
10-17-2005, 02:20 PM
see above. I'll withold my other comments. Personally having to deal with the big 3, and the delphi bankruptcy, every day has affected my opinion in what might not be popular here.

danbike
10-17-2005, 04:12 PM
The real issue is not so much that GM and the UAW have reached a tentative agreement, it is that almost any other firm offering medical insurance will pick up on the package and then do the same thing to their employees.

Does anyone have some details on this offering.

Dan

UAW 588
10-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Damm, it was fun while it lasted. I just hope we don't get ***** to bad in 2007. You can never get back what you give away. I'm not trying to be greedy, just my 2 cents. But if the Big 3 ever show huge profits like they did in the later part of the 90's, what are they gonna do for us then. Probably still cry poor. Thanks alot Jac-off Nasser. :mad2:

Cheeseheadbob
10-17-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm not exactly sure what the average UAW worker has to pay for health insurance. I'm am not trying to start anything here, I just do not know what the $ and cents are. Perhaps I am a little jaded since I have to pay over $700.00 per month in after tax dollars for health insurance for my family. Would a contribution of say $250.00 per month help the issue? Were promises and contracts regarding health insurance made and then broken? Just looking for some reliable information.
The real issue is not so much that GM and the UAW have reached a tentative agreement, it is that almost any other firm offering medical insurance will pick up on the package and then do the same thing to their employees.

Does anyone have some details on this offering.

Dan