PDA

View Full Version : This is so weird!

blackf0rk
10-17-2005, 07:41 PM
So before I had my Marauder, I had custom turbocharged w-body 02 Impala. After I traded it in for the 'rauder, I often wonder where it ended it up. Today was that day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OUTSTANDING-SS-IMPALLA-WITH-NOS-LOW-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4581507628QQc ategoryZ6169QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIt em

I can't believe it's there. LOL :lol:

QWK SVT
10-17-2005, 08:18 PM
So before I had my Marauder, I had custom turbocharged w-body 02 Impala. After I traded it in for the 'rauder, I often wonder where it ended it up. Today was that day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OUTSTANDING-SS-IMPALLA-WITH-NOS-LOW-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4581507628QQc ategoryZ6169QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIt em

I can't believe it's there. LOL :lol:
Oddly enough, there's absolutely no mention of the turbo, tho a couple of shot of the engine bay... Seems like most have their panties in knots, over the SS badging... Looks like a tastefully done job, through and through :cool: I recall you mentioned more than a few tuning issues... Any time your setup is one-off, that'll happen.

Eric91Z
10-18-2005, 02:28 AM
That's my home town area. There are a few W-Body cars running around here that I would not want to mess with in a stock (or close to stock) Marauder. Including a couple of turbo and centrifigal supercharged ones on top of modded "stock" supercharged ones.

Blackened300a
10-18-2005, 06:14 AM
I had Bought a 2000 Impala LS with the 3.8L when they first came out. I put Rims, Retro Impala Badges and a custom Cat-Back Dual Exhaust with 4 Chamber Flowmasters . It sounded kinda buzzy but for the 3 years I had the car, I never had a single Problem with it and I drove it like I stole it!

Bradley G
10-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Going to trade back?

wchain
10-18-2005, 06:49 AM
They cant even spell "Impalla" correctly. You should email the lister and say that the car was yours but you wrecked it in a firey crash! :lol:

An Older gentleman drove it and got it from an auction. How come no specs on the turbo?? If everyone is running from this car, you may be able to get it back for a good price! Did you trade it?

blackf0rk
10-18-2005, 07:19 AM
I traded it in, and do NOT want it back. The guy who did the turbo for me was a hack. The car does NOT run great.

The funny thing about the NOS in trunk is, I actually had lines for a C02 intake cooler. So the aluminum line is there, hooked up to a solinoid. All they did was throw a NOX tank in the back (which is empty) and say it's has NOS, rofl - what salesmen huh?

twolow
10-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Yuck...it so is not worth the SS badging. The interior is blah and the exterior is bland.

I feel for anyone buying it just for that badging.

blackf0rk
10-18-2005, 10:02 AM
It looks horrid with this rims, and the interior is bland (compared to the Marauder). But this is what it looked like when I had it ...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/444580

twolow
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
It looks horrid with this rims, and the interior is bland (compared to the Marauder). But this is what it looked like when I had it ...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/444580
Those rims do go a long way to making it look better. The basic SS wheels just look like a cheaper & smaller version of the deeper 96' wheels. The ignition key location, seats, and that god awful climate control thingie just look like it should be in a kids big wheel toy or something...not a namesake of much love like SS.

I can just imagine the horror/mean/funny/sad/cry baby stories on the Impala forums with the real SS owners V/S the newer wannabe SS owners.

Sort of like if a guy with a SVT Contour kept showing up at the SVT meetings full of Lightnings and Cobras :P Just wouldn't get the same respect...

Does the same breed of car lover that bought a 96 SS go out and grab himself a 2002 SS?

Breadfan
10-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Is it really an SS? I didn't know the SS had the 3400...I thought SS's were supercharged 3800's...I see you didn't call it an SS, but the ebay ad seems to indicate it is...

Makes me wonder where my Grand Am went. :)

How much power did you eek out of that 3400? Without a cam readily available (the GrandAm/Alero guys were working on one as of 6mo's ago) the power leveled off around 260hp to the wheels...very few could eek more out of them...the turbo guys did a bit better, maybe 300hp if they were lucky. That's why I came to the Marauder...better oppurtunities for power.

How many times did you have to fix the lower intake manifold gaskets??? Mine lasted till I sold it, but it was leaking externally when I traded it in. My sisters '02 has been done twice, once under warranty at 10,000 miles, and I did it at 46,000 miles...