PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Mrs. Calabash, Wherever you are!!

Donny Carlson
10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
I no longer am a Marauder owner. There's a new car out in the driveway. No, it's not a Ford. Yes, it is black. It's the most expensive car I've ever commited to. Yeesh.

I'm in a little bit of shock, but if you got the trade in I got today, whoa. $4,000 more than book because of the mods, ACV, not overallowance too.

Looking for a great MM loaded to the gills with mods, keep an eye out for my old MM. They plan on putting it up on the internet in a day or so.

Donny

martyo
10-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Great. Thanks for saying goodbye.

Shora
10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
So, what did you get? I hope that you will still be a member (active) on this site.

crimzon
10-17-2005, 08:31 PM
hehe, I am curious as to what you got also.

Rider90
10-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Check in every once in awhile, now...whats in your driveway?
http://www.autointell-news.com/News-2002/March-2002/March-2002-1/smart-black.jpg
:confused:

Bigdogjim
10-17-2005, 10:31 PM
I no longer am a Marauder owner.
The line from Jimmy D. was "Goodnite Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are"

Good luck with your new wheels:)

LCSO34
10-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Lincoln LS??? Remebered from a couple of weeks ago. Good luck, I still want to come over and see Diamond Nutz new toy.:D

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Lincoln LS??? Remebered from a couple of weeks ago. Good luck, I still want to come over and see Diamond Nutz new toy.:D
No, not the LS. Amazing now that I think of it, it's a more expensive car (sticker) than the LS, though ultimately with discounts and trade, it worked out less for me.

Seriously, I'm going through enough stomache knots now giving up my beloved (and much money spent upon) Marauder to deal with any teasing about my new ride, even though most of the posts would be in good fun.

Again, It's not a Ford product, however it IS built in the USA, does have a V8, and has a lot of bells and whistles.

And I've already ordered my first mod for it.

As annoyed as I've gotten on here, it does sadden me that my interests will pull me into other boards now, the attraction will be to jump into the pool with like owners.

It's been fun for the most part, and I think I'll miss Marty the most. And from what I've seen browsing other sites, there's nobody quite like the people on here, especially the multiscreen keyboarding of Mac.

I'm turning on email notifications of PM's, so if anybody wants to contact me, send me a PM and I'll check in.

Donny

martyo
10-18-2005, 03:48 AM
and I think I'll miss Marty the most.

:o

Donny: I already swore out a TRO keeping you from leaving. Your efforts will be futile!

Bradley G
10-18-2005, 04:06 AM
They gave you Clean booK?

For all the times you farted in it, I would have done it too!:neener:

RoyLPita
10-18-2005, 04:28 AM
Even if you do not have your MM anymore, don't be a stranger.

bugsys03
10-18-2005, 04:59 AM
Seriously, I'm going through enough stomache knots now giving up my beloved (and much money spent upon) Marauder to deal with any teasing about my new ride, even though most of the posts would be in good fun.

Donny

I know exactly how you feel. From the time I put my deposit on my new ride July 1 until taking delivery Sep 17 I didnt know if I would or could go through with it. Handing over the keys to the MM was tough. I remember how the MM put the smile on your face that just wouldnt go away. BUT my new ride with the bigger sticker and all the toys and luxuries that the MM should have had from the beginning puts a BIGGER smile on my face. I hope yours does too. Enjoy. By the way, I still spend more time here than I do on the 300 board.

jgc61sr2002
10-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Donny - Although we never met I see you as a freind. Good luck with you new ride. Don't be a stranger, you are still family here. :D

Cobra25
10-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Sorry to see you go, but life does go on. The best of luck with your new Car what ever you purchased.

2003 MIB
10-18-2005, 05:45 AM
I'm sad. You're a class act, Donny...I hope you don't fade away.

Sully008
10-18-2005, 05:49 AM
Best of luck with the new car, Donny...Hmmm, Black, Made in USA, V8, lotsa bells and whistles....300C SRT-8?

2003 MIB
10-18-2005, 06:15 AM
I'm thinking a new Monte Carlo SS:

1) V8.
2) Lots of bells and whistles.
3) They make them in black.
3) NASCAR is way cool in Alabama.

If not, CTS-V. Gotta be a Caddy....

fastblackmerc
10-18-2005, 06:16 AM

1) V8.

Charger SRT? Good luck with your new ride.

Agent M79
10-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Donny, there are those who are Marauder owners for life and those that only visit for a time and move on. I have loved a lot of cars but my means do not allow me to keep everything I have ever driven. You have contributed much during your active time here.

You will be congratulated and cursed, celebrated and maligned, wished well and wished pushed in a well for the choice you have made but it is important for our closure to berate or backslap you. So don’t deny us our deserved opportunity.

If there is one last decent thing that you can do for your ol’ Marauder family before your interests take you elsewhere in your automotive adventure, it’s this: Take a deep breath… let in the air of resolution… let out the air of fear… in with determination… out with trepidation… and tell us, Donny… tell us which car you felt so strongly about having that yOu BEtrAYed US aNd SoLd uS ouT FoR yOu UnFeeliNg ABanDoniNG BaStarD!

Okay… Okay… I’m sorry. I… I think I have a handle now… sorry for getting a little crazy there. I am not usually so harsh but it isn’t everyday that someone tOtaLLy sPitS oN EvERytHinG I hOLd iN hIGH rEGaRd… Okay… okay…

Wow. I didn’t expect to lose it again there… I apologize. You know I only wish you the best. Let me just try to wrap this up as calmly and sincerely as I can.

{Moderator Edit} YOU!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p><font face=" /><o:p></o:p></FONT>

RR|Suki
10-18-2005, 06:23 AM
My vote is GTO

Bluerauder
10-18-2005, 06:24 AM
The line from Jimmy D. was "Goodnite Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are" :)
Hot cha cha cha !!! :D Enjoy your new ride !! Glad to hear the you got a good deal on the Marauder. Let's us know how the "grin" factor compares.

spub
10-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Donny-

Though I don't think we ever talked (my memory is bad, I'm old :cry: ) I always enjoyed your posts, as well as finding them quite informative. Hope you have a great time with your new ride. When it all settles in, let us know what it is (with pics :D ) and where we can keep track of your progress.

Kirt

bigslim
10-18-2005, 08:18 AM
It is probably one of the SRT-8 products (300C, Charger, Magnum) from Chrysler

twolow
10-18-2005, 08:21 AM
It is probably one of the SRT-8 products (300C, Charger, Magnum) from Chrysler
That's my guess as well. Hemi forums here he comes :)

ParkRanger
10-18-2005, 08:31 AM
I no longer am a Marauder owner. There's a new car out in the driveway. No, it's not a Ford. Yes, it is black. It's the most expensive car I've ever commited to. Yeesh.

I'm in a little bit of shock, but if you got the trade in I got today, whoa. $4,000 more than book because of the mods, ACV, not overallowance too.

Looking for a great MM loaded to the gills with mods, keep an eye out for my old MM. They plan on putting it up on the internet in a day or so.

Donny

Adios from the coast. :bandit:

"Everybody wants to get into the act!"

PR :burnout:

Bradley G
10-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Funny read!:lol:
Donny, there are those who are Marauder owners for life and those that only visit for a time and move on. I have loved a lot of cars but my means do not allow me to keep everything I have ever driven. You have contributed much during your active time here.

You will be congratulated and cursed, celebrated and maligned, wished well and wished pushed in a well for the choice you have made but it is important for our closure to berate or backslap you. So don’t deny us our deserved opportunity.

If there is one last decent thing that you can do for your ol’ Marauder family before your interests take you elsewhere in your automotive adventure, it’s this: Take a deep breath… let in the air of resolution… let out the air of fear… in with determination… out with trepidation… and tell us, Donny… tell us which car you felt so strongly about having that yOu BEtrAYed US aNd SoLd uS ouT FoR yOu UnFeeliNg ABanDoniNG BaStarD!

Okay… Okay… I’m sorry. I… I think I have a handle now… sorry for getting a little crazy there. I am not usually so harsh but it isn’t everyday that someone tOtaLLy sPitS oN EvERytHinG I hOLd iN hIGH rEGaRd… Okay… okay…

Wow. I didn’t expect to lose it again there… I apologize. You know I only wish you the best. Let me just try to wrap this up as calmly and sincerely as I can.

{Moderator Edit} YOU!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p><font face=" /><o:p></o:p></FONT>

Shora
10-18-2005, 08:36 AM
I think a Caddy. I am not sure about discounts at this time on any SRT product but then again V-series aren't known for discounts either.

P.S.
What do I know about these discounts? Nothing. I do believe, however, that getting an SRT or V-series product for less than an LS and also getting $4,000 above book on your trade in is a good deal.

Congrats again DC. NOW POST SOME PICS!

wsmylie
10-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Congratulations on your new purchase. My guess would also be it is a Mopar product. Thanks for buying a new vehicle assembled in North America. Enjoy :D!!

LiLWrink
10-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Oh the old guess what he got game???
something worth getting rid of a Marauder for...

Lexus or Infinity??? Nah...surely Not!

Maybe BMW???

Mike Poore
10-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Oh the old guess what he got game???
something worth getting rid of a Marauder for...

Lexus or Infinity??? Nah...surely Not!

Maybe BMW???
It's gotta be a Caddy. There's NO discounts on the SR8's, Corvette ZR-6 or Viper. That's one car remaining ---the Cadallac it's big bucks, and deeply discounted. Although it could be a GTO, but doubtfull. So, what did I win, this time? :D

I was gonna guess Avaitor, but he said, ...not a Ford product.

ADE 1000
10-18-2005, 11:04 AM
It's gotta be a Caddy. There's NO discounts on the SR8's, Corvette ZR-6 or Viper. That's one car remaining ---the Cadallac it's big bucks, and deeply discounted. Although it could be a GTO, but doubtfull. So, what did I win, this time? :D

I was gonna guess Avaitor, but he said, ...not a Ford product.

To get a V-8 powered Cadillac for less than the price of a Lincoln LS would be quite an accomplishment.

The 300C/Magnum/Charger and GTO are not made in the USA.

Hotrauder
10-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Donny, Don't go to far away. Your posts are important to us. You will be able to give us a new perspective on our beloved iron. Please share often. Dennis:beer:

RR|Suki
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
To get a V-8 powered Cadillac for less than the price of a Lincoln LS would be quite an accomplishment.

The 300C/Magnum/Charger and GTO are not made in the USA.Good point on the GTO that's ausie, I thought the magnums and 300s were home grown...

mcb26
10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Maybe one of the Alabama built Mercades. Did you get the optional easy rider rifle rack? :D

marauderboi
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
What is it your driving me nuts

wchain
10-18-2005, 12:12 PM
What is it your driving me nuts
Shouldnt you be at school???? :lol:

marauderboi
10-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Shouldnt you be at school???? :lol:I start school at 7:00 and ends at1:55 and get home at 2:15

wchain
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM
I start school at 7:00 and ends at1:55 and get home at 2:15
1:55???
Dang, I need to quit my job and become a professional student! :burnout:Dunno about getting up for school at 7 AM though.....

SilverStreak
10-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi Donny,

Congratulations on the new ride, whatever it is.:)
I'll bet in the future alot of us will be former MM owners but will still hang here due to the friendships made over the years. I think it was Logan, the Cadillac guy,:eek: :D who said it's not just about the cars IIRC. If if wasn't Logan, whoever said it sure had it right. This is a family no matter what you may end up driving so don't leave us.

Regards,
Darrell

Donny

RCSignals
10-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Best of luck with the new car, Donny...Hmmm, Black, Made in USA, V8, lotsa bells and whistles....300C SRT-8?

300s are made in Canada last I saw.

Donny's car is either from a German company (excluding Chrysler), or a Japanese company. Just my guess, of course I could be wrong

wchain
10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
330s are made in Canada last I saw.

Donny's car is either from a German company (excluding Chrysler), or a Japanese company. Just my guess, of course I could be wrong
Tehre is no US made RWD V8 Sedan. Whats a 330?

marauder307
10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Allow me to add to the list of well-wishers...I'm sorry I didn't get to know ya as a Marauder owner....

And with that said...anybody considered that he coulda gotten one of Pontiac's GXPs (either the Bonneville or Grand Prix)? They're both V-8s, made in the U.S., and good-looking in black...

RCSignals
10-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Tehre is no US made RWD V8 Sedan. Whats a 330?

Check it again. you're too fast. :lol:

what did Donny buy then? A FWD sedan?

RCSignals
10-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Allow me to add to the list of well-wishers...I'm sorry I didn't get to know ya as a Marauder owner....

And with that said...anybody considered that he coulda gotten one of Pontiac's GXPs (either the Bonneville or Grand Prix)? They're both V-8s, made in the U.S., and good-looking in black...

Donny said "it's a more expensive car (sticker) than the LS"

So if either those Pontiacs are higher priced than teh LS, the LS is a better bargain than I thought.

Sully008
10-18-2005, 03:08 PM

My bad, I forgot that the 300s were built here. :canada: I don't think it's one of the Monte Carlos or GPs, 'cause coming from a RWD car, why change? The Caddy is in the running, as well as Germans and Japanese. If I'm going to think out of the box, I'm going to guess either the Caddy (US), BMW 5 series (German) or the Infiniti M45 (Jap). These are all RWD and built somewhere in the US right?

Or I'm wrong on all three guesses. Donny! Tell us what you bought, the suspense is killing us...

Rob1559
10-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Here it is.

woaface
10-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah I get on school at 8:01 and get out at 2:33...

So Donny, why didn't I get your Marauder?

Petrograde
10-18-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm sad. You're a class act, Donny...I hope you don't fade away.

yup ,..... what Dan said.

Thanks for answering my questions and giving me good ideas.

MARAUDERCHICK
10-18-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm thinkin' Cadillac XLR......Northstar V8.....non-Ford product....price tag of 77K

Yep! I'm thinkin' XLR.....I saw him drooling over them last year on our way to MVII in Indy. A few of us met up at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY and then went over to the Corvette/Cadillac XLR assembly plant for the tour.

XLR.....am I right??? DO I win the prize??? huh, huh, huh???

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_34.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS )

mailman
10-18-2005, 05:09 PM
You may be right Kathy ! I remember that too. Nice ride.

marauder307
10-18-2005, 05:35 PM

So if either those Pontiacs are higher priced than teh LS, the LS is a better bargain than I thought.

Hmm..well, still could be either of 'um. The B-ville usually stickers somewhere north of 36-37k, and the Grand Prix's is somwherz 'round 35-36k after options. (These prices are for the GXP versions ONLY.) But ...the B-ville's been discontinued this year. If he did get one, he probably got some massive discounts on it, because the dealer was trying was throw off some excess stock...

DISCLAIMER: This is all speculation on my part.

....aw, c'mon Donny...let us in on it!

DeepSea117
10-18-2005, 06:40 PM
The line from Jimmy D. was "Goodnite Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are"

Good luck with your new wheels:)
That line sounded familiar...my co-worker claims that was his grandma is the one mentioned in that line, and how Jimmy Durante never used to say the "Mrs. Calabash" part till later on. Apparently that's what his grandma told him, since they had some romantic thing. Six degrees of bullsh-t, I don't know, but my co-worker seemed to be decent enough

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm thinkin' Cadillac XLR......Northstar V8.....non-Ford product....price tag of 77K

Yep! I'm thinkin' XLR.....I saw him drooling over them last year on our way to MVII in Indy. A few of us met up at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY and then went over to the Corvette/Cadillac XLR assembly plant for the tour.

XLR.....am I right??? DO I win the prize??? huh, huh, huh???

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_34.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS )
I could NEVER afford 77K on a postal income. Bzzzt.

However, I will say you're pretty close to the mark :)

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:31 PM
They gave you Clean booK?

For all the times you farted in it, I would have done it too!:neener:
That box wasn't listed on the little paper they gave me to write down everything I installed on the car.

However, in the spirit of full disclosure, I have not "broken in" the new car.

There is a funny thing that happened . When I took the new beast out for a test drive it was just as rush hour was thinning out and I had my salesturd riding shotgun. I wanted to get on it to see if it had cojones, so I did, with the salesturd going "Uh, we're going a little too fast, eh, uh, you might want to slow it down a bit." I told him "If you s**t your pants, I won't buy this car." to which he replied "Well, don't make me s**t my pants." Making me laugh helped the sale.

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:39 PM
I know exactly how you feel. From the time I put my deposit on my new ride July 1 until taking delivery Sep 17 I didnt know if I would or could go through with it. Handing over the keys to the MM was tough. I remember how the MM put the smile on your face that just wouldnt go away. BUT my new ride with the bigger sticker and all the toys and luxuries that the MM should have had from the beginning puts a BIGGER smile on my face. I hope yours does too. Enjoy. By the way, I still spend more time here than I do on the 300 board.
I spent the entire day hoping when I went by the dealer this afternoon (are there ever any new car purchases without issues to get handled later?), they would say they changed their mind and the deal was off. An interesting point: they parked the MM inside the service dept last night and it appears it's going to be bought by someone at the dealership (one of the parts guys).

I also managed to piss off a service writer by pointing out IN THE F'N OWNERS MANUAL that he didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Naturally, parts have to be ordered (does no dealer stock anything anymore?) and I had to tell this ahole THREE times the correct part number before he got it right.

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:40 PM

1) V8.

Not a Monte Carlo. Besides, aren't they FWD?

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Charger SRT? Good luck with your new ride.
I got a call from a salesman today about a Charger SRT that they got in. The dealers here are INSANE and charging $5,000 over list for SRT's. Yeesh. Pass.

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:45 PM
{Moderator Edit} YOU!
You been talking to my Ex wife?

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Hot cha cha cha !!! :D Enjoy your new ride !! Glad to hear the you got a good deal on the Marauder. Let's us know how the "grin" factor compares.
When I took home my Marauder, there was a rattle that was driving me nuts and the subwoofer was buzzing like crazy. Once this was fixed and a few months later when the Toddster showed me the path to financial ruin through addictive modding, every time I drove off with a "new" Marauder there was something to grin about.

With the new car, there's a lot of stuff already in it that has a grin factor, but still, some things to take care of that annoy the living piss out of me. One thing that's limiting my enjoyment is lack of satellite radio, which is fixable easy enough. So far it's been "hey, that's cool" mixed with "oh crap, there's something the Marauder did better"

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:56 PM

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 07:58 PM

The LS I was looking at sticker was 47,705.

My new car, sticker was $49,400.

I'm not sure of the base prices, I think they're pretty close. The LS was nice, real nice. I almost bought it but for my big ass not fitting so well.

Bigdogjim
10-18-2005, 08:02 PM
So far it's been "hey, that's cool" mixed with "oh crap, there's something the Marauder did better"
So why the big hush hush?

It must be an Atlanta thing?:P

martyo
10-18-2005, 08:16 PM
When do I get to guess? :P

wchain
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Dodge Ram SRT10

RCSignals
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
When do I get to guess? :P

You have twenty seconds from........................NO W

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
So why the big hush hush?

It must be an Atlanta thing?:P

I don't have any pics taken yet of the car and don't want to post up publicity shots. I'm not being coy, Jim. I still am in the "what have I done" stage and don't particularly want to read 20 posts telling me what an idiot I am.

Okay, here's the deal. I'm going over to Grand Mufflers soon to see if the Toddmeister can open up the induction and exhaust a bit and I'll take photos then and post up. The dunking booth will open for business at that point.

Some of you will hate the car, some will like it. Such is life. Todd gets first drive, Marty has a standing E ticket whenever we meet up. Fortunately for my MM remorse, both buds have thumbs up on the new ride.

RCSignals
10-18-2005, 08:23 PM
The LS I was looking at sticker was 47,705.

My new car, sticker was $49,400.

I'm not sure of the base prices, I think they're pretty close. The LS was nice, real nice. I almost bought it but for my big ass not fitting so well.

OK, but it's not a Pontiac GTP mentioned (besides, they are FWD)

MI2QWK4U
10-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I don't have any pics taken yet of the car and don't want to post up publicity shots. I'm not being coy, Jim. I still am in the "what have I done" stage and don't particularly want to read 20 posts telling me what an idiot I am.

Okay, here's the deal. I'm going over to Grand Mufflers soon to see if the Toddmeister can open up the induction and exhaust a bit and I'll take photos then and post up. The dunking booth will open for business at that point.

Some of you will hate the car, some will like it. Such is life. Todd gets first drive, Marty has a standing E ticket whenever we meet up. Fortunately for my MM remorse, both buds have thumbs up on the new ride.

Congrats on whatever your new ride is Donny. I tend to think that the Atlanta crowd has good taste, maybe thats why you guys get along so well with the Motor City Crew! As long as you like it, who cares.

Rider90
10-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Geez Donny
http://www.designboom.com/history/cart/m11.jpg
I personally think there was some room for price negotiation, but uh...ROLL OUT! :cool:

RCSignals
10-18-2005, 08:28 PM

Okay, here's the deal. I'm going over to Grand Mufflers soon to see if the ToddmeisterToddmeister can open up the induction and exhaust a bit and I'll take photos then and post up. The dunking booth will open for business at that point.

Post a picture of Toddmeister wearing greasy coveralls and wielding a torch.
That'll distract from the dunking booth.

martyo
10-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Marty has a standing E ticket whenever we meet up. Fortunately for my MM remorse, both buds have thumbs up on the new ride.

Donny I am down yoru way for the next three weekends in a row.

And, I love what ya bought!

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Donny I am down yoru way for the next three weekends in a row.

And, I love what ya bought!
Cool. I'll try to get over to the ATL on one of them.

TAF
10-18-2005, 08:38 PM
And, I love what ya bought!I'll second THAT...it's off the charts cool Donny...

I can't wait to give it a spin!!!!! :burnout:

I say we line *it* up against "Big Yeller"......

RCSignals
10-18-2005, 08:46 PM
is it a truck with a big wing on back?

Donny Carlson
10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I'll second THAT...it's off the charts cool Donny...

I can't wait to give it a spin!!!!! :burnout:

I say we line *it* up against "Big Yeller"......
You're on! I think you'll take me, but hey, it will scare the locals.

TAF
10-18-2005, 08:53 PM
You're on! I think you'll take me, but hey, it will scare the locals.
Wherever we go, my friend...we "scare the locals"....

MI2QWK4U
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Good Choice Donny....Very classy and bad asssed....

Shora
10-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Please tell me that this is a joke. Some members already know all about the new ride while so many of us good people have to just sit here day after day and wait? Come on Donny, everyone wants to know what kind of pick-up you bought. I mean those of us who contributed and followed this thread at least.

By the way. My Uncle just bought an 05 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI with all the options (in black of course) and it is one bada$$ truck.

Bigdogjim
10-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I have no idea why you would feel that way?

Marauder owners are not closed minded?

You need to do what makes you feel good.

Remember it's the person. Not the car.

Best of luck with your new ride, may it serve you well.

bigslim
10-19-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm thinking it is one of these.

martyo
10-19-2005, 02:05 AM
I'm thinking it is one of these.

Slim: Those are bad rides! Have you driven one yet?

67435animal
10-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Wherever we go, my friend...we "scare the locals"....

Alright! What time is Donny coming over to GM??? I kinow I was there yesterday but maybe we could get some photos done of his car next to mine? Just to make mine look a little better?

Donny Carlson
10-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Please tell me that this is a joke. Some members already know all about the new ride while so many of us good people have to just sit here day after day and wait? Come on Donny, everyone wants to know what kind of pick-up you bought. I mean those of us who contributed and followed this thread at least.

By the way. My Uncle just bought an 05 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI with all the options (in black of course) and it is one bada$$ truck.Okay. I actually posted about wanting one of these a few months back.

I am now the owner along with GMAC of a new, 2005 Smokin Asphalt Chvrolet SSR (for Super Sport Roadster). This model has the 390 HP LS2 6.0 L engine.

67435animal
10-19-2005, 05:02 AM
Okay. I actually posted about wanting one of these a few months back.

I am now the owner along with GMAC of a new, 2005 Smokin Asphalt Chvrolet SSR (for Super Sport Roadster). This model has the 390 HP LS2 6.0 L engine.

It looks like this, though mine has the accessory wind break:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SSR1.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10004&size=big&cat=500&page=1)

I have this cargo bed trim kit as well, though my SSR is black, not blue:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SSR2.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10005&size=big&cat=500&page=1)

And my interior is Ebony leather like this car, including the auxiliary gauge package on the lower console. My car is an automatic, and my accent panels are black instead of yellow like on this car:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SSR3.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10006&size=big&cat=500&page=1)

Donny, congratulations. Fine choice. What time are you heading to Grand Muffler? I'll drive over and have a look.

Bob

Mike Poore
10-19-2005, 06:54 AM
I sat in one of those in Hillsboro, OH, and congratulate you on a teriffic choice. I never thought of the SSR when narowing down the guesses; but in retrospect see it as the perfect choice. The top folding into the back is way cool.
Again, Congratulations! :woohoo:

twolow
10-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Is it faster than a N/A MM?

I have been curious if it was more looks than performance.

Nice ride either way.

MARAUDERCHICK
10-19-2005, 07:07 AM
WAAAAAY COOL Donny!!

Now.....I see where you mention The Toodster having first dibs, and Marty second......what about me?????? I wanna drive....please, please, purty please???

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_31_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS )

Shora
10-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Congrats Donny!!!

Like was said earlier: that is one bada$$ ride. I only saw two of the SSR verisons here in Miami so far (one black one yellow). They are actually taller than they appear in pictures.

I think that many members of this board would love to have such a car if they had no use for back seats. At least I would.

Congrats again and remember to keep checking in to this site.

Mike Poore
10-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Can this be a fair report? I liked the SSR a lot better, before I saw this: :(

http://www.aicautosite.com/Reviews/2004-chevrolet-ssr.asp

Shora
10-19-2005, 08:13 AM

Donny got the new 390 HP engine. makes a big difference in my book.

Marauder2005
10-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Very sweet ride, I wish you many happy miles on the new toy :coolman:

ADE 1000
10-19-2005, 08:24 AM

Yes. With the automatic, it is suppossed to do 0-60 in the mid 5 second range and the quarter in the high 13s.

I drove one a few weeks ago and it felt very strong.

Marauderman
10-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Yes. With the automatic, it is suppossed to do 0-60 in the mid 5 second range and the quarter in the high 13s.

I drove one a few weeks ago and it felt very strong.
.......I guess congrats is in order.....but to be honest---you should have keep the MM and got this as a toy---anyway ...have been looking to take one of these at a light--just can't seem to find one out and about---and if I did--driver probably will not want to play...just as well..he'd lose real bad....at least you got one in the correct color....:lol:...good luck with it........Tom

RCSignals
10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
well, calling it a car threw most of us.

They certainly are interesting, and like the Marauder, there aren't many out there.
One of my neighbours just bought one as well. Nice, but there's something wrong with his I think, because it sounds like a tractor driving by.

Another guy in town with one is a landscaper, and he pulls a trailer with all his equipment on it. Now I know it's a truck under the skin, but that just looks out of place.

FordNut
10-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Glad you like it, hope it provides you with as much pleasure as the Marauder has.

Honestly it doesn't do a thing for me though.

Big House
10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
:stupid: Not calling you stupid in anyway, but mirroring the opinion that it does not in my books either, but Donny when you get a chance to smoke'em and get a good shot of it. You got 390 horses to work with.:up:

Joe Walsh
10-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I was not convinced.......

UNTIL they dropped in the 6.0/390hp engine! :banana2:
Nice ride Donny!

Bluerauder
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
.I am now the owner along with GMAC of a new, 2005 Smokin Asphalt Chvrolet SSR (for Super Sport Roadster). This model has the 390 HP LS2 6.0 L engine.

I have this cargo bed trim kit as well, though my SSR is black, not blue:

I like this cargo bed trim kit .... :rolleyes:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/536/medium/100_9834.JPG

Donny Carlson
10-19-2005, 06:59 PM

As mentioned, Chevrolet upgraded the engine, transmission and suspension with the 2005 model, to a 390 6.0 L LS2. The article you link to is about the 04.

Donny Carlson
10-19-2005, 07:03 PM
.......I guess congrats is in order.....but to be honest---you should have keep the MM and got this as a toy---anyway ...have been looking to take one of these at a light--just can't seem to find one out and about---and if I did--driver probably will not want to play...just as well..he'd lose real bad....at least you got one in the correct color....:lol:...good luck with it........Tom
I would have loved to keep the Marauder. Two serious problems - 1) no place to park or store it without renting garage space somewhere and 2) I couldn't afford two car payments and maintain my playboy life style.

Donny Carlson
10-19-2005, 07:08 PM
well, calling it a car threw most of us.

They certainly are interesting, and like the Marauder, there aren't many out there.
One of my neighbours just bought one as well. Nice, but there's something wrong with his I think, because it sounds like a tractor driving by.

Another guy in town with one is a landscaper, and he pulls a trailer with all his equipment on it. Now I know it's a truck under the skin, but that just looks out of place.
The SSR boards report a TSB regarding the drive shaft making noise like you describe on some cars.

I have the trailer towing package. It's sitting in a box in my garage. I NEVER will tow anything, so I'm going to sell it to another SSR owner (some owners want them, go figure) and buy some other accessory. There's some cool billit aluminum door sills with the SSR logo painted in the recess that's on my short list.

Donny Carlson
10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Donny, congratulations. Fine choice. What time are you heading to Grand Muffler? I'll drive over and have a look.

Bob
Bob, I'll send you a PM. It's going to be either next week (the 25th I think) or on November 1st. I have those days off to take care of some car bidness.

And you are more than welcome to take her out for a drive!

Donny Carlson
10-19-2005, 07:19 PM

I have been curious if it was more looks than performance.

Nice ride either way.
She has only 260 miles on her as I type this (most of them mine, too), so I haven't really given her a serious WOT run. Here's my impressions.

03 Marauder, modded with 4:10's, pulleys, chip, K&N intake, Stallion converter and dyno tune (my old car), the SSR pulls harder (low end torque is awesome) and seat of the pants accelerates noticably faster, but the difference is huge. Keeping in mind, I'm not getting on it like I would the MM, but it definitely feels faster than a modded but N/A MM out of the box. With a tune, some performance mods (I've already traded emails with a company that makes an intake spacer for the 6.0 LS2 that is applicable to the SSR), tweak the exhaust, I'm guessing I can get her to close to a true 400 RWHP on the dyno. Not bad.

There's also a roots-style blower kit, but yeesh, how you gonna keep rubber on those 20" rear wheels with a blower?

Donny Carlson
10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
WAAAAAY COOL Donny!!

Now.....I see where you mention The Toodster having first dibs, and Marty second......what about me?????? I wanna drive....please, please, purty please???

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_31_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS )
Of course you can drive it! I'm coming over to let Marty drive her, looks like the weekend of the 29th, so meet us at the Waffle House and you can take her ou

HwyCruiser
10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Donny, I think those are pretty cool esp. with the drop top. All that matters is it makes you happy. I bet whoever gets your trade-in MM will be happy with it too. Good luck with your new ride.

Bradley G
10-19-2005, 07:51 PM
That is a cool Ride, Donny!

Thanks for making me laugh!
If you put the roots blower on the ride, and it goes any faster than my car... we're through!:mad:
Poor salesman, probably'll be stopped up for a week!:nono:

That box wasn't listed on the little paper they gave me to write down everything I installed on the car.

However, in the spirit of full disclosure, I have not "broken in" the new car.

There is a funny thing that happened . When I took the new beast out for a test drive it was just as rush hour was thinning out and I had my salesturd riding shotgun. I wanted to get on it to see if it had cojones, so I did, with the salesturd going "Uh, we're going a little too fast, eh, uh, you might want to slow it down a bit." I told him "If you s**t your pants, I won't buy this car." to which he replied "Well, don't make me s**t my pants." Making me laugh helped the sale.

Mike Poore
10-20-2005, 05:15 AM
I was not convinced.......

UNTIL they dropped in the 6.0/390hp engine! :banana2:
Nice ride Donny!
6.0 with 390hp :eek: That changes everything. Now I'm back on your side.

(I'm sooooo easy):rolleyes:

Petrograde
10-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Nice Donny,.. You may see more Marauders on the road than SSR's.

very distinctive. :up:

CRUZTAKER
10-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I.....don't particularly want to read 20 posts telling me what an idiot I am.

I was waiting for the anouncement to post.
Actually...I hate to see you leave.
But, you got'ta do what you think you got'ta do.

BTW: It looks likes a PT Cruiser on bowtie steriods. :down:

Donny Carlson
10-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Nice Donny,.. You may see more Marauders on the road than SSR's.

very distinctive. :up:
I saw my first one in the wild, yellow. It passed me on Montgomery highway.

It's true, I've seen more MM's on the streets here than SSR's, especially since the guy who bout the 03 Blue lives in my neighborhood and works across the street from where I work.

Donny Carlson
10-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I was waiting for the anouncement to post.
Actually...I hate to see you leave.
But, you got'ta do what you think you got'ta do.

BTW: It looks likes a PT Cruiser on bowtie steriods. :down:
Well, a PT Crusier on bowtie steriods that - bone stock - dynos RWHP similar to your MM, even with the 80 NOS shot. :rasta:

**disclosure statement. No, I haven't had mine dyno'd -- yet. This information is based on a dynojet baseline run on a 2005 SSR with the 6.0L LS2, results were <!--StartFragment --> 346 RWHP, 353 Max torque (at 4300 RPM). The owner then installed a Magnuson Eaton-based supercharger and pulled 470 RWHP, 452 Torque (3750 RPM).

Marauderman
10-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Donny- It's , great you have a new Chevy thing , but........in my opinion...
actually........after all the hoopla.......you will find yourself with a very small vehicle - space wise- for you to use for your use and wares of things as you may have done with your MM ---and for just a few more bucks you could have more than what your so excited about with the SSR--power wise---so to get what you didn't have with your MM up front ...stock wise ...although I don't know the numbers you paid for it.....those spent could be in the MM with alot more power and still have the full room of it's enjoyment----I really hope you fine this to be what you want it to be 3 years from now--not just bumping up cause the size and power is so different--meaning it has more power unlike the stock MM --so be carefull my friend---cause the protection is no longer there you had before--Take care-Tom

glassman99
10-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Good car Donny...but bring it to SSHS5 to get your azz kicked by the Marauders!!!!!

Donny Carlson
10-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Donny- It's , great you have a new Chevy thing , but........in my opinion...
actually........after all the hoopla.......you will find yourself with a very small vehicle - space wise- for you to use for your use and wares of things as you may have done with your MM ---and for just a few more bucks you could have more than what your so excited about with the SSR--power wise---so to get what you didn't have with your MM up front ...stock wise ...although I don't know the numbers you paid for it.....those spent could be in the MM with alot more power and still have the full room of it's enjoyment----I really hope you fine this to be what you want it to be 3 years from now--not just bumping up cause the size and power is so different--meaning it has more power unlike the stock MM --so be carefull my friend---cause the protection is no longer there you had before--Take care-Tom
Tom, I agree the MM is a great car, and I loved mine. I didn't sleep a wink the first night and spent the better part of the next day kicking myself for trading it in. The MM has lots, lots more room and storage space, though I think the "trunk" on the SSR has an edge size wise. Definitely, it's a niche car, mean't for a driver and maybe 1 freindly passenger. You should see the autosound guys scratching their heads about subwoofer installation on this car.

I was really remorseful about this deal... until Tuesday afternoon when I left from work and the first time took an extended drive with the top down. City streets, freeway, country roads. It was awesome. Finally, it had shown me something it could do that the MM could not... and I have to admit, all my misgivings were washed away with that drive. I've now drivern her with the top down every day, and loved it every time.

Marauderman
10-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Tom, I agree the MM is a great car, and I loved mine. I didn't sleep a wink the first night and spent the better part of the next day kicking myself for trading it in. The MM has lots, lots more room and storage space, though I think the "trunk" on the SSR has an edge size wise. Definitely, it's a niche car, mean't for a driver and maybe 1 freindly passenger. You should see the autosound guys scratching their heads about subwoofer installation on this car.

I was really remorseful about this deal... until Tuesday afternoon when I left from work and the first time took an extended drive with the top down. City streets, freeway, country roads. It was awesome. Finally, it had shown me something it could do that the MM could not... and I have to admit, all my misgivings were washed away with that drive. I've now drivern her with the top down every day, and loved it every time.
.....Good for you Donny.......it's the feeling you have and get with the vehicle afterall--and I am glad for you------I guess , being a bit older ---was just making sure you didn't "jump" without knowing--kinda a big brother thing I guess--from the "brotherhood of MM owners" ---again--glad you have a "new" feeling all over again---maybe someday we can share each other "new" ride-Tom

Have fun my friend...........Tom

RCSignals
10-21-2005, 09:43 PM

Good for you Donny. A 'drop top' has to be driven 'open air'
No matter the ambient temperature (that's what they make heaters for)

1stMerc
10-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Okay. I actually posted about wanting one of these a few months back.

Waaay to go Donny i had my eye one of those when they first came out, after i already had a GM product i wasn't happy with. Even bought a RC (blue) that i still have. But unfortunately as with most American cars it did not have enough muscle to go with those good looks.

That fits the bill as does the MM in that theres not many on the road, i've only seen two of um since it's inception. With the added umph they now have (after much complaining by owners and the general public) GM finally did them up right i'm sure you'll have oodles of big fun. IMO black and red are the only colors to have but red atrracts too many leos.

Serious congrats on your choice. Like you said some will love it and some will rag on you for buying it, but i've always been a fan of it. Plus i already have a truck so didn't need a facsimile.

Keep us posted on what you do to it.

Smiles for miles

1stMerc
10-25-2005, 09:35 PM
1I couldn't afford two car payments and maintain my playboy life style.
With two seats you must be getting ready to settle down or hide one lady in the trunk/bed while you go pickup another one:P :cool:

Miles of smiles

DEFYANT
10-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Good luck man!

I am wondering... does this change have something to do with all that Darkside drama awhile back?