PDA

View Full Version : SRT-8 'props'

Joe Walsh
10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I am a died-in-the-wool FORD man, but I've got to give Chrysler a big thumbs up :up: for their SRT line of performance vehicles.
From the Neon SRT4, to the Crossfire SRT6, to the 300C, Magnum & Charger SRT8s to the Ram SRT10, they offer a great performance package for all tastes.
I have to admit that the new 6.1L* HEMI SRT8s are very tempting. 425 HP & 420 FT/LBS Torque.
Initially I did not like the new Charger, but after seeing a black Charger SRT8 with its sweet interior and awesome sport bucket seats I'm quickly changing my mind.
The rear/trunk design is still kinda lame, but it is one nice car that, straight off the showroom floor, is as fast as my highly modded Marauder.
Don't worry...I'm not going to buy one, I AM going to buy a S/C for my MM ASAP! (to quell any SRT uprisings...)
BUT: Wouldn't it be nice if Ford offered an SVT version for most, or even SOME of their vehicles? (VERY WISHFUL THINKING!)

*One weird thing about those 6.1 Hemis: They have forged cranks, floating piston pins, hollow valve stems, larger valves/ports, and a hotter cam.
All designed for more rpm...6400 rpm to be exact, yet they have powdered metal connecting rods!?!? :nono: :shake:

RCSignals
10-21-2005, 09:38 PM
I am a died-in-the-wool FORD man, but I've got to give Chrysler a big thumbs up :up: for their SRT line of performance vehicles.
From the Neon SRT4, to the Crossfire SRT6, to the 300C, Magnum & Charger SRT8s to the Ram SRT10, they offer a great performance package for all tastes.
I have to admit that the new 6.1L* HEMI SRT8s are very tempting. 425 HP & 420 FT/LBS Torque.
Initially I did not like the new Charger, but after seeing a black Charger SRT8 with its sweet interior and awesome sport bucket seats I'm quickly changing my mind.
The rear/trunk design is still kinda lame, but it is one nice car that, straight off the showroom floor, is as fast as my highly modded Marauder.

I agree you have to give them credit. I'm not as impressed as you are though. They are ugly, even in black.

Don't worry...I'm not going to buy one, I AM going to buy a S/C for my MM ASAP! (to quell any SRT uprisings...)
BUT: Wouldn't it be nice if Ford offered an SVT version for most, or even SOME of their vehicles? (VERY WISHFUL THINKING!)

Or Ford STE

Wait Out

*One weird thing about those 6.1 Hemis: They have forged cranks, floating piston pins, hollow valve stems, larger valves/ports, and a hotter cam.
All designed for more rpm...6400 rpm to be exact, yet they have powdered metal connecting rods!?!? :nono: :shake:

They are also made in Mexico.

QWK SVT
10-23-2005, 08:43 AM

Or Ford STE

Wait Out

But my concern is it may be too little, too late. Dailmer has created a performance vehicle, in almost every niche (the SRT Cherokee pretty much completes it), at varying price ranges. You hook in the youth with the SRT-4, and keep offering options as they grow up.

Ford's performance line up right now is the Mustang, and then what? You have to bump over the the MAzda line up, for something else even remotely sporty :rolleyes: Ford continues to lose market share, but doesn't address the root cause - people will not not buy something they don't want :down:

Having said that, I'kk be waiting, unless GM comes out with something attractive, because I cannot get past the Dailmer looks

RCSignals
10-23-2005, 06:02 PM
But my concern is it may be too little, too late. Dailmer has created a performance vehicle, in almost every niche (the SRT Cherokee pretty much completes it), at varying price ranges. You hook in the youth with the SRT-4, and keep offering options as they grow up.

Ford's performance line up right now is the Mustang, and then what? You have to bump over the the MAzda line up, for something else even remotely sporty :rolleyes: Ford continues to lose market share, but doesn't address the root cause - people will not not buy something they don't want :down:

Having said that, I'kk be waiting, unless GM comes out with something attractive, because I cannot get past the Dailmer looks

You made the point yourself. Those all may exist from DCX, but if someone doesn't like them, they aren't going to buy one.

GM is in pretty bad shape. They may begin scaling back even more.

QWK SVT
10-24-2005, 05:29 PM
You made the point yourself. Those all may exist from DCX, but if someone doesn't like them, they aren't going to buy one.

GM is in pretty bad shape. They may begin scaling back even more.
:help: Please don't say that! I want to see the Trailblazer SS come to life... Lots of room, AWD, and a 391hp LS2... Not too many vehicles have be as interesting, lately...
http://www.autonews.ru/img/news/news_tuning/2005/03/30/60885_bottom_small_photo_350.j pg

Joe Walsh
10-24-2005, 06:21 PM

Wow! I forgot about the new SRT Jeep Cherokee...that's ANOTHER performance option available on a standard DCM vehicle.

All the FORD fans have to hope that someone in the aftermarket steps up with a kit to make the ho-hum Ford offerings run like they should have from the factory.... :(

bmartin9122
10-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I agree you have to give them credit. I'm not as impressed as you are though. They are ugly, even in black. They are also made in Mexico.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... :coolman:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bmartin9122/2006%20Magnum%20SRT8/Picture031.jpg

Also, perhaps you were referring to the 6.1L motor (I am not sure where it is assembled), but all LX platform vehicles are assembled in the Brampton, Ontario assembly plant.

RedMerc04
10-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Im 99.9% sure all hemis are made in Mexico. Theres no reason why chrysler cant make it here. Personally i think its shameful to take such a great american name plate like the HEMI and not build it here. It always makes me angry when the Big 3 put non us/canadian parts in their cars. At least the Marauders have a 95% us/canadian parts content which is about the highest you can possibly get today. Still in my mind there is no reason why that shouldnt be 100%. Its really pathetic what the automakers will do to save a few bucks.

Haggis
10-25-2005, 04:55 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bmartin9122/2006%20Magnum%20SRT8/Picture031.jpg

Also, perhaps you were referring to the 6.1L motor (I am not sure where it is assembled), but all LX platform vehicles are assembled in the Brampton, Ontario assembly plant.
Nice stationwagon....:puke:

Seriously now, how much for the cat and dog?

bugsys03
10-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Im 99.9% sure all hemis are made in Mexico. Theres no reason why chrysler cant make it here. Personally i think its shameful to take such a great american name plate like the HEMI and not build it here. It always makes me angry when the Big 3 put non us/canadian parts in their cars. At least the Marauders have a 95% us/canadian parts content which is about the highest you can possibly get today. Still in my mind there is no reason why that shouldnt be 100%. Its really pathetic what the automakers will do to save a few bucks.

The engines are assembled in Mexico, the parts are produced in USA. Let's see should I pay a Mexican :bandit: $3/ hr or a UAW $30 plus benefits? Thats the future I am afraid. Corporate America cant or wont pay the union wage anymore, evidenced by the United Airline bankruptcy(and other airlines) and the pending Delphi/GM bankruptcy. Just my .02. No union flamers please, not saying I agree with any of it, just the way I see it, wish I had a union job myself not working for the cheapass scab outfit that I do :(

bmartin9122
10-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Nice stationwagon....:puke:

Seriously now, how much for the cat and dog?
Wow... I didn't think my post would evoke such poorly veiled jealousy/envy. Don't be a hater!

QWK SVT
10-25-2005, 06:34 PM
All the FORD fans have to hope that someone in the aftermarket steps up with a kit to make the ho-hum Ford offerings run like they should have from the factory.... :(
Not acceptable! I modify my vehicles because I want to. In both instances, I've started with a reasonable base and continued to build on it. In the current offerings from the oval ('cept the everyone's got one Mustang), that base is so underwelming that a complete overhaul would be required.

If I have to improve performance and looks and comfort and handling and... and...and... is it really worth it? Why would I buy a new car, knowing I would have to spend gobs of money and completely rip up the warranty, just to start to make it an entertaining ride?

Wow... I didn't think my post would evoke such poorly veiled jealousy/envy. Don't be a hater!
Not all haters, here. I appreciate what dodge has done, just the looks aren't for me... Well, that and there's not enough headroom (I couldn't put my hand on top of my head, without touching the roof at the same time).

There's no dogging the performance capabilities of the SRT8's. I just wish Ford would start thinking about competing :rolleyes:

You've had the car for 4 - 5 months now, I think... Have you been to a track yet?

Haggis
10-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Check out the icon under my Avatar in the previous post. ;)
Oh and jelous...you don't know me too well. :baaa:

Nothing says loser like driving a Dodge.
Never been a Chrysler fan, never will. :puke: :down:

RCSignals
10-25-2005, 07:18 PM

Someone has to like them. There have always been people who like designs from Chrysler. :dunno:

The cars are assembled in Canada yes, but all the parts aren't manufactured or come from there. The Hemi engine (that name is really only marketing hype) is manufactured and assembled in Mexico

Haggis
10-26-2005, 04:41 AM
The Hemi engine (that name is really only marketing hype) is manufactured and assembled in Mexico

There's a sucker born every minute.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

metroplex
10-26-2005, 04:58 AM
The best I can describe the charger is:

Front end is a Dodge pickup truck mated with a 05 Mustang GT
Rear end is a Dodge Stratus on steroids.

The engine has balls though, and it gets the same gas mileage as my crown vic but making about 200 more hp.

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Not all haters, here. I appreciate what dodge has done, just the looks aren't for me... Well, that and there's not enough headroom (I couldn't put my hand on top of my head, without touching the roof at the same time).

There's no dogging the performance capabilities of the SRT8's. I just wish Ford would start thinking about competing :rolleyes:

You've had the car for 4 - 5 months now, I think... Have you been to a track yet?
Yeah, I often hang out on 4 Door Muscle:

http://s8.invisionfree.com/4_Door_Muscle_Forums/index.php?act=idx

A small, but friendly group of guys who love big, American V8 cars. I think we figured out that we can always make an argument for why each car (94-96 Impalas & Roadmasters, Marauders & Crown Vics, Magnums & Chargers, whatever) is better. The fact remains that they are all awesome machines. :burnout:

I have only 2200 miles on the odo, so it will be a bit longer until I will try her out at the track in San Antonio.

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Check out the icon under my Avatar in the previous post. ;)
Oh and jelous...you don't know me too well. :baaa:

Never been a Chrysler fan, never will. :puke: :down:My bad... I usually catch little digs like that. I'm sorry to hear you are the "Anti-Chrysler". Until recently, I was not all that impressed with DC either. However, I think they are really bringing a good game these days, and it wouldn't hurt if Ford & GM stole an idea or two from DC's playbook.

GM is finally figuring it out with the new crop of performance models, but Ford is satisfied to have a single niche vehicle (Mustang) and an unaffordable, supercar (GT) which appeal to performance enthusiasts. Ford is capable of making awesome machines - let's just hope the bean counters aren't making EVERY decision there.

-Bryan

BTW - I've owned a '75 Olds Delta 88, '78 Ford Fairmont, '84 Mercury Marquis Brougham, and a '86 Ford Crown Victoria to name a few. So I think I can safely say I am not a blind lover of any particular make or model.

Haggis
10-26-2005, 08:38 AM
...who love big, American V8 cars. I think we figured out that we can always make an argument for why each car (94-96 Impalas & Roadmasters, Marauders & Crown Vics, Magnums & Chargers, whatever) is better. The fact remains that they are all awesome machines. :burnout:

I have only 2200 miles on the odo, so it will be a bit longer until I will try her out at the track in San Antonio.

...and

I'm sorry to hear you are the "Anti-Chrysler". Until recently, I was not all that impressed with DC either..
Here you answered your question as to why I am "Anti-Chrysler". American V8 cars, Chrysler is know owned by Daimler (DC) no longer American. A bunch of sellouts in my book. Now trade in the plastic trash and buy a Marauder.

metroplex
10-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Here you answered your question as to why I am "Anti-Chrysler". American V8 cars, Chrysler is know owned by Daimler (DC) no longer American. A bunch of sellouts in my book. Now trade in the plastic trash and buy a Marauder.

You know how to say Daimler Chrysler in German?

Daimler.

:lol:
"German engineered, American built"

That said, Crown Vics and Grand Marquis (I think Marauders also? except for Town Cars) are made in Canada.
E-series, F-series, Mustang, and Town Cars are made in the US.

There's nothing wrong with Canada. At least your aluminium heads and blocks aren't made by the Canadians, what's that aboot eh?

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Here you answered your question as to why I am "Anti-Chrysler". American V8 cars, Chrysler is know owned by Daimler (DC) no longer American. A bunch of sellouts in my book. Now trade in the plastic trash and buy a Marauder.BTW, I never questioned why you were against Chrysler. I just figured you were wronged at some point in your childhood, and you now have an inexplicable hate for it. I am okay with that. Also, while it is true that the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep parent is a German company, Daimler-Chrysler (ticker symbol DCX) is a publicly-traded (i.e. owned by the stockholders) corporation just like Ford (F) and General Motors (GM). It has factories in the United States just like Ford and GM. It employs Americans at all levels of the company just like Ford and GM. Really the only difference is that the fat cats at the top typically have German names. Does that really matter? I would argue no, because just like Ford and GM, Daimler-Chrysler is really just interested in making a profit.

Marauder2005
10-26-2005, 09:35 AM
BTW, I never questioned why you were against Chrysler. I just figured you were wronged at some point in your childhood, and you now have an inexplicable hate for it. I am okay with that. Also, while it is true that the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep parent is a German company, Daimler-Chrysler (ticker symbol DCX) is a publicly-traded (i.e. owned by the stockholders) corporation just like Ford (F) and General Motors (GM). It has factories in the United States just like Ford and GM. It employs Americans at all levels of the company just like Ford and GM. Really the only difference is that the fat cats at the top typically have German names. Does that really matter? I would argue no, because just like Ford and GM, Daimler-Chrysler is really just interested in making a profit.
I have owned nothing but Pathers, Crown Vics, Town Cars, and of course

the Marauder, never owned a non-Ford product. Call me a trader if you will

but I would have no problem excepting an SRT-8, pref. a 300c or Charger,

in nothing but the best....Black. Design is nothing more then an opinion,

no one's is better then the next. But I think they look preaty mean. Except

for the ugly black Hurst they call a wagon. ;) J/K LOL

Haggis
10-26-2005, 09:37 AM
That said, Crown Vics and Grand Marquis (I think Marauders also? except for Town Cars) are made in Canada.
E-series, F-series, Mustang, and Town Cars are made in the US.

There's nothing wrong with Canada. At least your aluminium heads and blocks aren't made by the Canadians, what's that aboot eh?
Canda isn't that the 51st state?

Still apart of North America and at least more then 50% speak english.

BTW, I never questioned why you were against Chrysler. I just figured you were wronged at some point in your childhood, and you now have an inexplicable hate for it. I am okay with that. Also, while it is true that Chrysler/Dodge parent is a German company, Daimler-Chrysler (ticker symbol DCX) is a publicly-traded (i.e. owned by the stockholders) corporation just like Ford (F) and General Motors (GM). It has factories in the United States just like Ford and GM. It employs Americans at all levels of the company just like Ford and GM. Really the only difference is that the fat cats at the top typically have German names. Does that really matter? I would argue no, because just like Ford and GM, Daimler-Chrysler is really just interested in making a profit.
In the end where do the profits go and how is the montery value calculated? Sure isn't in dollars. Besides Chrysler/Dodge products always look cheaply made with fake leather and cheap plastic besides being 'butt-ugly'. Can you say Fugly...Sure I knew you could. :D

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 09:50 AM
In the end where do the profits go and how is the montery value calculated? Sure isn't in dollars. Besides Chrysler/Dodge products always look cheaply made with fake leather and cheap plastic besides being 'butt-ugly'. Can you say Fugly...Sure I knew you could. :DIn the end, profits are reinvested into a corporation or are returned to the stockholders in the form of dividends.

http://www.investorwords.com/1509/dividends.html

I guess your primary purpose on this forum is trolling, which I have no interest in entertaining. :down: When you post an intelligent question or comment, then I will respond.

metroplex
10-26-2005, 10:13 AM

Yeah, but it's different English, the rest have a weird French-Canadian accent.

Zed, aluminium, bean (been), aboot :baaa:

"Look at that Nissan Zed Car! How long has it bean since I have seen such a vehicle, with its aluminium wheels. It is all aboot the style, eh!"

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Except

for the ugly black Hurst they call a wagon. ;) J/K LOLHearse, man, HEARSE!!!! I wish it had a Hurst shifter, though.

http://www.hearsedriver.com/

I get that comment all the time. Love it!

Dragcity
10-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Funny post TEX.

To all, FMC may just be playing it safe in these trying times. As the economy slips further away from American control, they the big three have to hold on to what they have. Could anyone imagine one thes companies going belly up? The economy would suffer.

Wow, this thread has strayed....

Anyway, a good attempt to capture market share. I guess we'll see what happens in the following three years.

RR|Suki
10-26-2005, 01:33 PM
In the end, profits are reinvested into a corporation or are returned to the stockholders in the form of dividends.

I guess your primary purpose on this forum is trolling, which I have no interest in entertaining. :down: When you post an intelligent question or comment, then I will respond.umm propaganda is bad mmm-kay, all profits are not dividens, and US stock holders do not have controlling share in the company, what haggis is getting at is that majority of profits are not spent in this country, FMC and GM operate out of this ountry as primary, primary profit is here. Just like honda and toyota and all the others have little outshoots here, the profit still benifits off shore. I don't think a link to how investment is shared out is anymore intelligent a way to look at the international market system. ;)

RCSignals
10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, but it's different English, the rest have a weird French-Canadian accent.

Zed, aluminium, bean (been), aboot :baaa:

"Look at that Nissan Zed Car! How long has it bean since I have seen such a vehicle, with its aluminium wheels. It is all aboot the style, eh!"

again, you show you don't have a clue

RCSignals
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM

Ford opened in the US in 1903. They opened manufacturing in Canada in 1904.
They have a long history of automobile, truck and parts production in Canada.

............... Besides Chrysler/Dodge products always look cheaply made with fake leather and cheap plastic besides being 'butt-ugly'. Can you say Fugly...Sure I knew you could. :D

It's the one consistency they have.

metroplex
10-26-2005, 02:47 PM
again, you show you don't have a clue

I deal with Canadians from time to time and the ones that do not have a French Canadian accent seemed to have adopted the European way of saying aluminium, zed, etc... Or they talk really slow and have a weird way of pronouncing some words.

One time, I called up FMC Corp and asked if the rep was canadian. He seemed kind of peeved and said, how did you know? I said it was your accent. He paused and was confused but he definitely did have a Canadian accent. He was careful not to say "aboot" or "eh".

Again, you show that you like to argue with me. :P

RCSignals
10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I deal with Canadians from time to time and the ones that do not have a French Canadian accent seemed to have adopted the European way of saying aluminium, zed, etc... Or they talk really slow and have a weird way of pronouncing some words.

One time, I called up FMC Corp and asked if the rep was canadian. He seemed kind of peeved and said, how did you know? I said it was your accent. He paused and was confused but he definitely did have a Canadian accent. He was careful not to say "aboot" or "eh".

Again, you show that you like to argue with me. :P

Metro, 'aboot' is only what the un-tuned American ear hears. It sounds like that to Americans because they don't pronounce the 't' and say 'ABOW'

(Why is it so many Americans have trouble pronouncing simple words and names that have more than four letters?)

Not all Canadians use 'eh' Some do, but it's a colloquial thing.

The only Canadians that pronounce Aluminum as 'aluminium' are ones who are mocking a Brit, are a Brit, or winding up an American.

'Zed' is the proper pronunciation for the last letter of the alphabet in the English language, the world over, except the US that is.

Webster did the US a great disservice when he created his dictionary.

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 03:26 PM
umm propaganda is bad mmm-kay, all profits are not dividens, and US stock holders do not have controlling share in the company, what haggis is getting at is that majority of profits are not spent in this country, FMC and GM operate out of this ountry as primary, primary profit is here. Just like honda and toyota and all the others have little outshoots here, the profit still benifits off shore. I don't think a link to how investment is shared out is anymore intelligent a way to look at the international market system. ;)I'm not sure where you are headed with "umm propaganda is bad mmm-kay", so I won't comment. If you read my post carefully, then you would have seen that I wrote that profits are reinvested back into the corporation OR paid out as dividends. What else can they do? The corporate heads don't write themselves bonus checks - unless they are crooked. That is the topic of another thread.

You are right by saying that DC is operated primarily out of Germany. However, I do not agree that the "primary profit" rolls back to Germany necessarily. Like ALL multinational companies (Ford included), DC invests in emerging technologies, new plants, advertising, etc all over the world. You can bet a sizeable portion of DC's profit gets invested in the USA, and you can be sure Ford invests a LOT of their profits overseas.

Chrysler hires plant employees under UAW and CAW rules (i.e. they pay the same benefits to their employees) just like Ford and GM. The only reason Chrysler is profitable, while Ford and GM struggle is they are able to sell their products without massive discounts and rebates. You may not believe this, but many people actually like Chrysler's products. Additionally, DC's plants are generally operating much closer to capacity compared to Ford and GM. This also equates to increased profitability.

I like to throw in website links to encourage people to educate themselves. It wasn't meant to make me look intelligent. I also don't expect others to agree with me, but at least they should have a rational explanation as to why they feel differently.

metroplex
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Metro, 'aboot' is only what the un-tuned American ear hears. It sounds like that to Americans because they don't pronounce the 't' and say 'ABOW'

(Why is it so many Americans have trouble pronouncing simple words and names that have more than four letters?)

Not all Canadians use 'eh' Some do, but it's a colloquial thing.

The only Canadians that pronounce Aluminum as 'aluminium' are ones who are mocking a Brit, are a Brit, or winding up an American.

'Zed' is the proper pronunciation for the last letter of the alphabet in the English language, the world over, except the US that is.

Webster did the US a great disservice when he created his dictionary.

Michiganders sometimes add the "eh" as well.
I've heard some Canadians say "aboot" really clearly. You're probably used to it as a Canadian though, but I definitely hear a difference between the American ABOWT versus the Canadian ABOOT.

While I do agree the Canadians pronounce everything clearly but I can pick up the slower pace of their speech along with the clear pronounciation as long as they're not French Canadian.

The last letter of the English Alphabet is pronounced "Zee" in the US.
From Merriam-Webster:
Z

Pronunciation: 'zE, Canadian, British, and Australian 'zed, chiefly dialect 'i-z&rd
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural z's or zs
Usage: often capitalized, often attributive
1 a : the 26th and last letter of the English alphabet b : a graphic representation of this letter c : a speech counterpart of orthographic z
2 : a graphic device for reproducing the letter z
3 : one designated z especially as the 26th in order or class or the third in order or class when x is made the first
4 : something shaped like the letter Z

So basically the QSTAG countries (sans USA) pronounce "Z" as "Zed".

You're wrong about the entire world except for the US, pronouncing "Z" as Zed. Most of the countries in Asia pronounce it "ZEE". I'm not sure about the ex-British colonies though but some of the co-workers from India/Pakistan pronounce it "ZEE". What's that all aboot, eh? Maybe I should grab some aluminium foil for the shrimp on the barbie.

RCSignals
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Michiganders sometimes add the "eh" as well.
I've heard some Canadians say "aboot" really clearly. You're probably used to it as a Canadian though, but I definitely hear a difference between the American ABOWT versus the Canadian ABOOT.

While I do agree the Canadians pronounce everything clearly but I can pick up the slower pace of their speech along with the clear pronounciation as long as they're not French Canadian.

The last letter of the English Alphabet is pronounced "Zee" in the US.
From Merriam-Webster:
Z

Pronunciation: 'zE, Canadian, British, and Australian 'zed, chiefly dialect 'i-z&rd
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural z's or zs
Usage: often capitalized, often attributive
1 a : the 26th and last letter of the English alphabet b : a graphic representation of this letter c : a speech counterpart of orthographic z
2 : a graphic device for reproducing the letter z
3 : one designated z especially as the 26th in order or class or the third in order or class when x is made the first
4 : something shaped like the letter Z

So basically the QSTAG countries (sans USA) pronounce "Z" as "Zed".

You're wrong about the entire world except for the US, pronouncing "Z" as Zed. Most of the countries in Asia pronounce it "ZEE". I'm not sure about the ex-British colonies though but some of the co-workers from India/Pakistan pronounce it "ZEE". What's that all aboot, eh? Maybe I should grab some aluminium foil for the shrimp on the barbie.

I'm a US citizen.
Minnesotans say 'eh' as well.
Yes, people from S Ontario, and the Praries, often do speak slowly, and no one understands French Canadians much.
I guess you haven't run into any Newfies yet.....more to look forward to.
I'm not wrong about the entire English speaking world pronouncing Z as Zed, and Merriam-Webster is the dictionary I was referring to as being a disservice.

Did you know the most southern point of Canada is on about the same parallel as Yreka California? Some Southern Canadians almost have a US southern type drawl.

Now go munch on your aluminium :)

Marauder2005
10-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Hearse, man, HEARSE!!!! I wish it had a Hurst shifter, though.

http://www.hearsedriver.com/

I get that comment all the time. Love it!

DOH, I need to go back to school :D

metroplex
10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm a US citizen.
Yes, people from S Ontario, and the Praries, often do speak slowly, and no one understands French Canadians much.
I'm not wrong about the entire English speaking world pronouncing Z as Zed, and Merriam-Webster is the dictionary I was referring to as being a disservice.

Did you know the most southern point of Canada is on about the same parallel as Yreka California? Some Southern Canadians almost have a US southern type drawl.

Now go munch on your aluminium :)

If I recall correctly you said you were an O-4 in the Canadian military? You guys basically pioneered the digital camouflage BDUs and the USMC followed suit with MARPAT and the US Army with the ACU. Basically: desert tan jungle boots with digitized camouflage pattern. :D

I thought I was the only one who couldn't understand the French Canadians! whew. A teleconference with a French Canadian vendor lasted about 1-2 hours before I figured out what he was asking about, and I could have answered it in about 15 minutes. LOL.

"Aluminium" threw me totally off track when I first heard it in a lecture. I was thinking to myself, "is this some type of new aluminum alloy with a special name? Like vitallium or Unobtainium? Must be new stuff..." :D

Joe Walsh
10-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Funny post TEX.

Wow, this thread has strayed....

I'll say!!!

I just wanted to discuss the new DCM 'SRT' vehicles and we ended up with several flame wars, discussions on manufacturing plant locations and stock holders equity......SHEEESH! :o

Tallboy
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
OK, back to the topic of this thread [the original one, anyway]. If I didn't have my Marauder, there would be a black SRT-8 Charger in my garage right now. Like 'em or not, Mopar seems to have their act together, at least moreso than FOMOCO or GM.

Joe Walsh
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
OK, back to the topic of this thread [the original one, anyway]. If I didn't have my Marauder, there would be a black SRT-8 Charger in my garage right now. Like 'em or not, Mopar seems to have their act together, at least moreso than FOMOCO or GM.

YEP...In a matter of a few years SVT has lost all of its' thunder and the SRT division of DCM has taken over....
Somebody wake up Bill Jr. and tell him that you can still sell lots of performance vehicles AND make money doing so....

QWK SVT
10-26-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm a US citizen.

Now go munch on your aluminium :)I'm swinging back off topic, for a bit...

Alright... I'll weigh in... I'm from Southern Ontario (Toronto), and don't speak slow. I don't often understand the Quebecers - When one of our service providers wants to confuse the business, the teleconference in 10 - 15 programmers from Montreal. Broken English + French, with some tech-enese mixed in and everyone's confused.

It's not aluminium, nor aboot, for me... But, for the record, Zed-twenty-eight sounds cool... Zee-twenty-eight doesn't have the same resonance :D

When it comes to pronunciation, Americanization is slowly creeping into the Canadian culture, perhaps most influenced by the TV programming - we watch mostly US networks and shows... If you've seen any Canadian made TV, you'd know why. But, we still continue to use British English pronunciation for words like fragile, mobile, etc.

The Canadian spelling is also different - words like 'colour', 'theatre' and 'catalogue' spelt the British way, rather than the American 'color', 'theater' and 'catalog'; but the American spelling for words like 'tire' (rather than the British 'tyre') and 'draft' ('draught').

It's funny you bring up newfs... I have Newfie and Cape Bretoner (Acadian, many of which ended up populating Louisiana, hence the french influence on their speech)... I am fully biligual - English, and Easterner :D

By the geez, I was just a sittin here wonderin whatcha be gettin at bye, talkin bout di-a-lect in these here parts and so on, dear. Such an interesting conversation cuz here I was saying just the other day that those bunch of fellers down there in the states has a funny way of sayin stuff, now isn't that something of an i-ro-ny, bye. You fellers thinkin we got an accent when it yous who can't talk proper. Now be a dear and pass me a Moosehead please. I'm too god damn tired to get outta me own way let alone walk to the fridge. Thank you dear and god luv your heart.
:lol:

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 07:18 PM
YEP...In a matter of a few years SVT has lost all of its' thunder and the SRT division of DCM has taken over....
Somebody wake up Bill Jr. and tell him that you can still sell lots of performance vehicles AND make money doing so....
Agreed. I paid full sticker for mine - $43k, ALL options - and was happy to do so. You can't tell me that wasn't profitable for DC. I mean - Holy Cow!!! I can run fender to fender with my buddy's modded '99 SVT Cobra. That and I have a manufacturer warranty! These cars always get great reviews, except those that reject DC's new LX platform vehicles based strictly on appearance.

I've lusted after the 94-96 Impalas and then the Marauder. However, when it came time to buy new, the SRT8 models were (and still are) the only real option out there.... oh yeah, you can get a V8-powered FWD Impala now. :shake:

Joe Walsh
10-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Agreed. I paid full sticker for mine - $43k, ALL options - and was happy to do so. You can't tell me that wasn't profitable for DC. I mean - Holy Cow!!! I can run fender to fender with my buddy's modded '99 SVT Cobra. That and I have a manufacturer warranty! These cars always get great reviews, except those that reject DC's new LX platform vehicles based strictly on appearance.

I've lusted after the 94-96 Impalas and then the Marauder. However, when it came time to buy new, the SRT8 models were (and still are) the only real option out there.... oh yeah, you can get a V8-powered FWD Impala now. :shake:

Hey! Don't knock the new FRONT WHEEL DRIVE :rofl: Impalas....I've seen the commercials and they have a lot of silver CGI impalas roaming around the car!!! :bows: ;)

BTW: I AM going to take a test drive in a SRT8 Charger as soon as I can....I am curious as to how hard it will pull, especially with the highway (tall) rear gears that DCM saddles these cars with.

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey! Don't knock the new FRONT WHEEL DRIVE :rofl: Impalas....I've seen the commercials and they have a lot of silver CGI impalas roaming around the car!!! :bows: ;)

BTW: I AM going to take a test drive in a SRT8 Charger as soon as I can....I am curious as to how hard it will pull, especially with the highway (tall) rear gears that DCM saddles these cars with.
Yeah, the silver impalas running around is a bit over the top.

The SRT models have better gearing than lesser models. I have stomped more than a few ricers. However, I still get about 15mpg day-to-day and 20mpg on the open highway.

bmartin9122
10-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah... Here is a link to a thread where the guy got a nearly stock 300 SRT8 into the 12's!!!!!

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=18846

RCSignals
10-26-2005, 09:29 PM
If I recall correctly you said you were an O-4 in the Canadian military? You guys basically pioneered the digital camouflage BDUs and the USMC followed suit with MARPAT and the US Army with the ACU. Basically: desert tan jungle boots with digitized camouflage pattern. :D

I thought I was the only one who couldn't understand the French Canadians! whew. A teleconference with a French Canadian vendor lasted about 1-2 hours before I figured out what he was asking about, and I could have answered it in about 15 minutes. LOL.

"Aluminium" threw me totally off track when I first heard it in a lecture. I was thinking to myself, "is this some type of new aluminum alloy with a special name? Like vitallium or Unobtainium? Must be new stuff..." :D

Yes but Canadian CADPAT is like 'lite brite' :D

You can tell a French Canadian from a real frenchman by the way they pronounce 'th'
A French Canadian will say 'Dis and Dat' A Frenchman will say 'Zis and Zat'

Neither can pronounce 'thhhhh'

Haggis
10-27-2005, 05:05 AM
In the end, profits are reinvested into a corporation or are returned to the stockholders in the form of dividends.

I guess your primary purpose on this forum is trolling, which I have no interest in entertaining. :down: When you post an intelligent question or comment, then I will respond.
EXCUSE ME!! Just because I do not agree with you is no reason to be insulting and if you can't not have a difference of opinion with out getting all defensive then you have more personal problems then I care to get involved with.

Here is the detailed quote from yesterday's closing on the NYSE for DCX:

DCX quote Real-time quotes
49.85 unch
Volume NA DCX Intraday Chart
5d 1m 3m 1y 3y 5y 10y

Data Source: CSI 07:48 AM ET
Quotes delayed 20 minutes

Avg Daily Volume 598,500
Day's High NA
Day's Low NA
Open NA
Previous Close 49.85
Bid NA
Ask NA
52 Week High 55.15 Market Cap. 50.63 Bil
52 Week Low 38.77 Tot. Shares Out. 1.016 Bil
Instit. Ownership 22.1% Exchange NYSE
P/E 16.30 Forward P/E 14.40
Earnings/Share 3.05 Sales 196.2 Bil
Div/Share 1.93 Return on Equity 7.30
Current Div. Yield 3.90 Beta

DC pays a very nice dividend to its shareholders and not at a bad price either.

RR/Suki, I guess your the one of the few here that is intelegent enough to understand what I am trying to say. Chrysler has been in trouble of bankruptcy for the last 30yrs or so. After the U.S. government bailed them out to keep them from going under they made a deal with Mitsubishi and when that failed they sold out to the Germans.

Makes you wonder, who really won WWII when we allow our companies to be bought by foreign investors and sending American jobs overseas.

bmartin9122
10-27-2005, 06:29 AM
EXCUSE ME!! Just because I do not agree with you is no reason to be insulting and if you can't not have a difference of opinion with out getting all defensive then you have more personal problems then I care to get involved with.

Here is the detailed quote from yesterday's closing on the NYSE for DCX:

DC pays a very nice dividend to its shareholders and not at a bad price either.

RR/Suki, I guess your the one of the few here that is intelegent enough to understand what I am trying to say. Chrysler has been in trouble of bankruptcy for the last 30yrs or so. After the U.S. government bailed them out to keep them from going under they made a deal with Mitsubishi and when that failed they sold out to the Germans.

Makes you wonder, who really won WWII when we allow our companies to be bought by foreign investors and sending American jobs overseas.Right.... Last I checked, you were the only person hurling insults at my car. (in a serious way) I am all for joking around, but you are not a nice person. Also, if you feel like paying $33k on a 15 second car is the superior route to take, then by all means, go for it.

Haggis
10-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Right.... Last I checked, you were the only person hurling insults at my car. (in a serious way) I am all for joking around, but you are not a nice person. Also, if you feel like paying $33k on a 15 second car is the superior route to take, then by all means, go for it.
My opinion is that Chyrsler makes 'fugly' cars. They all have the same front end which they borrowed from the Ram pick-up. And if you check my sig. you will see that I did not pay $33k on a 15 second car. Remember we all have opinions, they are like a__holes everyone has one. You do not have to please me as long as you are happy with your purchase that is all that matters. As for not being a 'nice person' that is just another opinion, I was just pushing buttons like you were, I did not take anything personal and neither should you. One day if we meet the loser buys the beer. :beer:

Dan
10-27-2005, 06:56 AM

Huh, I did't know he had a cat and TWO dogs. :laugh:

Best,

Dan

PS: The above comment is neither jealousy nor hatred. It was just too good an opening for humor. Honestly, while I don't particulalry think it is all that good looking I am glad that someone came out with a performance wagon.

bmartin9122
10-27-2005, 07:39 AM
My opinion is that Chyrsler makes 'fugly' cars. They all have the same front end which they borrowed from the Ram pick-up. And if you check my sig. you will see that I did not pay $33k on a 15 second car. Remember we all have opinions, they are like a__holes everyone has one. You do not have to please me as long as you are happy with your purchase that is all that matters. As for not being a 'nice person' that is just another opinion, I was just pushing buttons like you were, I did not take anything personal and neither should you. One day if we meet the loser buys the beer. :beer:Truce... but only because I want free beer. ;)

edit: Believe me - you guys haven't said anything I haven't heard before. My car seems to evoke extreme responses. Either you love the Magnum, or you hate it. For that reason, I have a very thick skin.

bmartin9122
10-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Huh, I did't know he had a cat and TWO dogs. :laugh:

Best,

Dan

PS: The above comment is neither jealousy nor hatred. It was just too good an opening for humor. Honestly, while I don't particulalry think it is all that good looking I am glad that someone came out with a performance wagon.
Now THAT is funny.... :rasta:

Dan
10-27-2005, 08:26 AM
I am glad that you have a good sense of humor, Bri.

BTW- I am now a user on the 4 door muslce forum. member #97 or 98, I think. Same user name as here, too.

If you ever make it up to the northeast I'll pay for that free beer. :up: I think that you and I would have a lot of fun discussing cars and comms.

Dan

Haggis
10-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Truce... but only because I want free beer. ;)

edit: Believe me - you guys haven't said anything I haven't heard before. My car seems to evoke extreme responses. Either you love the Magnum, or you hate it. For that reason, I have a very thick skin.
Ok, no more pushing buttons. You were just someone whom walked into my crosshairs this week.

Huh, I did't know he had a cat and TWO dogs.
He as two dogs, WHAT!! I only see one.

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Right.... Last I checked, you were the only person hurling insults at my car. (in a serious way)

So? It's a car.

I am all for joking around, but you are not a nice person.

Actually, he is a nice person.

Also, if you feel like paying $33k on a 15 second car is the superior route to take, then by all means, go for it.

This is a Marauder site, if you didn't notice.
But really, the false magazine reports that stated that, has given us a lot of fun, (and caused many a surprised driver) here and on the street.

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 02:42 PM

edit: Believe me - you guys haven't said anything I haven't heard before. My car seems to evoke extreme responses. Either you love the Magnum, or you hate it.

That's to be expected when you buy a Dodge.
:eek:

For that reason, I have a very thick skin.

Hopefully your experience here has made it a little thicker thanit was
:)

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 02:45 PM
.................. I am glad that someone came out with a performance wagon.

I'd like to see more wagons too. Well from manufacturers other than Volvo and Jaguar.

DCX doesn't like it when you call the Magnum a 'wagon' :nono:

Big House
10-27-2005, 03:07 PM
A duck is just that...a duck. A magnum is just that...a wagon. If it were made by some other company, and did not have the front end of a frigging truck I would like it. As it is I will just DODGE it.

bugsys03
10-27-2005, 03:13 PM
But really, the false magazine reports that stated that, has given us a lot of fun, (and caused many a surprised driver) here and on the street.

Right, closer to 16 seconds than 15 in showroom stock condition

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Right, closer to 16 seconds than 15 in showroom stock condition

:lol: maybe yours was.

Ah just another DCX owner :)

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 03:25 PM
A duck is just that...a duck. A magnum is just that...a wagon. If it were made by some other company, and did not have the front end of a frigging truck I would like it. As it is I will just DODGE it.

If they had not dropped Plymouth, and made a Plymouth version, it would no doubt have a much better looking grille and rear treatment.

bmartin9122
10-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I'd like to see more wagons too. Well from manufacturers other than Volvo and Jaguar.

DCX doesn't like it when you call the Magnum a 'wagon' :nono:
I don't even mind people calling it a "station wagon".

bmartin9122
10-27-2005, 05:53 PM
If they had not dropped Plymouth, and made a Plymouth version, it would no doubt have a much better looking grille and rear treatment.
Would you consider a reborn Challenger if it looked like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bmartin9122/Miscellaneous/black_RT_challenger_front.jpg

Joe Walsh
10-27-2005, 06:42 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bmartin9122/Miscellaneous/black_RT_challenger_front.jpg

Now THAT is a bad lookin' mutha! :2thumbs:

The same treatment that Ford did to the '05 Mustang...updated styling cues from a very popular and much loved Muscle Car of yesteryear.

BTW..My two favorite body styles are the '69 Mustang Mach I and the '70 Hemi Cuda/Challenger.

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't even mind people calling it a "station wagon".

I think they should call it a 'station wagon'

There should be more of them

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 10:19 PM

They really missed an opportunity, didn't they.

They say there is no chance of a two door version of the present one.

bigslim
10-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Some more of the Challenger...

Marauder2005
10-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Oh yeah... Here is a link to a thread where the guy got a nearly stock 300 SRT8 into the 12's!!!!!

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=18846

DDDRRRROOOLLLLLSSSS I love a Brand New Charger SRT8 in black. All

I need is the money :depress:

bmartin9122
10-30-2005, 05:29 PM
They really missed an opportunity, didn't they.

They say there is no chance of a two door version of the present one.
While I agree that DC should not have made the Charger a 4-door, I am pleased to report that the Challenger IS a go for production. It is approximately 6 inches shorter with 2 doors, and it is intended to compete directly with the Mustang. We'll see. It is supposed to be an early '07 model.

Even if you don't go buy one, it could only mean more healthy competition in the ponycar market.

bmartin9122
10-30-2005, 07:28 PM
DDDRRRROOOLLLLLSSSS I love a Brand New Charger SRT8 in black. All

I need is the money :depress:
The same guy just got a 12.7sec 1/4-mile!!! :eek:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=19127

Marauder2005
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
All I have to say is, Damn you Ford!

RCSignals
10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
While I agree that DC should not have made the Charger a 4-door, I am pleased to report that the Challenger IS a go for production. It is approximately 6 inches shorter with 2 doors, and it is intended to compete directly with the Mustang. We'll see. It is supposed to be an early '07 model.

Even if you don't go buy one, it could only mean more healthy competition in the ponycar market.

Considering all their talk about definitely NOT producing any two doors, it will be interesting to see if this happens.

We've heard the 'go for production' line before.

bmartin9122
10-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Considering all their talk about definitely NOT producing any two doors, it will be interesting to see if this happens.

We've heard the 'go for production' line before.
Yeah - it is all rumor and innuendo... :depress: Here are some links I found talking about what those rumors are:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/13/Autos/funonwheels/dodge_challenger/
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000013051179/

It is fascinating to consider a world with Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros all running around on the streets at the same time.

Rider90
10-30-2005, 09:00 PM
bmartin9122 - Just want to say welcome to the Marauder board, as always diversity is more than welcome around here. I like your ride and I like the way you defended yourself, we enjoy picking on most everyone around here, only because there are a lot of us that have met each other in person. We all share a similar passion for cars, now if you had joined mentioning an Integra in your signature we would probably want to boot 'yer ass :nono:

bmartin9122
10-30-2005, 09:14 PM
bmartin9122 - Just want to say welcome to the Marauder board, as always diversity is more than welcome around here. I like your ride and I like the way you defended yourself, we enjoy picking on most everyone around here, only because there are a lot of us that have met each other in person. We all share a similar passion for cars, now if you had joined mentioning an Integra in your signature we would probably want to boot 'yer ass :nono:
Thanks for the welcome... I suspect I'll be more of a lurker on this board, since I am not educated enough on the Marauder to be much use to you guys. :popcorn:

RCSignals
10-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Funny how "No-one with Chrysler Group, the division of DaimlerChrysler responsible for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles. would talk about the program," yet they later claim "the company expects to sell 60,000 to 70,000 Challengers a year."

I don't remember the 1970 Challenger being "a small "Pony Car" " I do remember the 1970 Challenger when it came out. A neighbour bought one.
I also remember the Mustang begin getting larger a year after that.

As usual, the automotive news media is being wishful.
Perhaps there will be a 'Challenger concept car', but even that sounds like theory.
Concepts are nice, but.............

When I can actually put my hand on a Challenger on a dealer lot in 2009. I'll believe.

Silver_04
12-18-2005, 10:00 AM
:help: Please don't say that! I want to see the Trailblazer SS come to life... Lots of room, AWD, and a 391hp LS2... Not too many vehicles have be as interesting, lately...
http://www.autonews.ru/img/news/news_tuning/2005/03/30/60885_bottom_small_photo_350.j pg

Here's a pic and sound clip of mine. Be looking for some of you in my rearview mirror...

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/c/t/ctt9/side_resize.Jpg

Exhaust (http://bellsouthpwp2.net/c/t/ctt9/MOV01757.MPG)

bmartin9122
12-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Here are some more rumors:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bmartin9122/Miscellaneous/challengerfront.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bmartin9122/Miscellaneous/challengerrear.jpg

Dan
12-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Here's a pic and sound clip of mine. Be looking for some of you in my rearview mirror...

OMG. Did someone just post this? Look through your rearview all you want. You'll need to look through your windshield to see my MM. :P

LOL. :rolleyes:

Silver_04
12-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Wow chief, your funny. I owned an '04 MM and this thing beats it hands down. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night...

Dan
12-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Wow chief, your funny. I owned an '04 MM and this thing beats it hands down. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night...

LOL. That was a quick reply from someone who is so confident. :)

You might take me in a quarter mile but I don't consider that racing. For me, personally, I need corners. If you try to wag that fat a$4 tank on a road with curves you'll be headed the wrong direction real fast.

Chief. :)

Best,

Dan

Dan
12-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Nevertheless, arguing on the internet is like trying to win an Olympic P!ssing Contest, so, come back with your retort and we'll leave it at that.

You may have the last word on this matter. The odds of us ever really being able to prove anything to the other are so rare that there is no sense arguing about it. :up:

Best,

Dan

Joe Walsh
12-18-2005, 03:50 PM
OMG. Did someone just post this? Look through your rearview all you want. You'll need to look through your windshield to see my MM. :P

LOL. :rolleyes:

I hate to say it..... BUT that SS will run a 13.9 sec 1/4 Mile...If your Marauder doesn't have some significant mods, you will get your 'clock cleaned' by a Chevy SUV.

I'm a FORD man....but I respect any vehicle that has lots of HP and can run fast.

bmartin9122
12-18-2005, 03:55 PM
'06 Trailblazer SS
0-60 5.7sec
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102003

'03 Mercury Marauder
0-60 8.0sec
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=5754

Silver_04
12-18-2005, 04:03 PM
LOL. That was a quick reply from someone who is so confident. :)

You might take me in a quarter mile but I don't consider that racing. For me, personally, I need corners. If you try to wag that fat a$4 tank on a road with curves you'll be headed the wrong direction real fast.

Chief. :)

Best,

Dan

And yet a faster response from someone who drives a livery car. What part of "I owned an '04 MM" didn't you understand???

I'm not a 1/4 miler either. This thing lets me go fast in a straight line, in turns and I can still tow my boat.

Weight to power ratio:
Marauder = 12.9 lbs/hp (assuming an even 4000lbs and a generous 310 crank hp),
Trailblazer = 11.9 lbs/hp (4700lbs and 395hp).

Still gotta believe stock for stock I'd beat an MM. Oh, did I mention the factory 4.10 rear end gear?

Dan
12-18-2005, 05:20 PM
And now you have had the last word. :)

TripleTransAm
12-18-2005, 05:54 PM
When I can actually put my hand on a Challenger on a dealer lot in 2009. I'll believe.

A lot of people said the same thing about the Charger... and many other cars that are currently in showrooms. I don't know what the big deal is...

Dan
12-18-2005, 06:02 PM
I would love to be able to afford a Challenger if it comes out in late 06 for the 07 year.

Dan

DOHCMERC
12-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone, got my feet wet in the garage section.

Just wanted to make two comments. My next car WAS 100% going to be the new Shelby 500 (KR or GT??) but thanks to the posted pics, I may just defect to the Kraut side.....that Challenger is stunning!!

Next comment; all the pseudo patriosim BS is just that.........BS!!!

Truth be told, a lot of the "foreign" marks are contributing more to the US's infrastructure than Ford or GM.

Ford is building all the Mazda(!!!) 6 based cars (Zepher, Milan. Fusion) in Mexico. My Super Duty was also built in Mexico.(Never have found the exact percentage of foreign Super Duties but was shocked that my VIN started with a 3!) Last I checked, ALL cab and chassis trucks were Mexican also.

So why do you care where the profits go???.........Seems to me Ford is using those profits to build factories/cars outside the US where the Japanese are building more factories on US soil.

While I get a chuckle when people get all xenophobe on the web, please remember Ford is pretty darn global also.........and would outsource your job in a heartbeat.

Oh, and bmartin.............nice fargin' car. It's too damn bad I have to spend $5K+ to keep up with you, but if that's what it takes!!!!:)

QWK SVT
12-19-2005, 07:43 PM

Welp, since you replied to me, I'll weigh in, here... You'll take my Marauder by a few lengths... Care to try to pick on something your own size? Read the plate :D
http://www.qwksvt.com/Pics/4.jpg

Honestly, I like the Trailblazer SS... I still haven't sat in one, yet. I'm afraid if I fit, I'll want one.

Did you opt for a AWD or RWD SS? What type of leg room / head room does the SS offer? I know I wasn't able to fit comfortably in an older Trailblazer (think a 2003?), but maybe it's grown inside...

'06 Trailblazer SS
0-60 5.7sec
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102003

'03 Mercury Marauder
0-60 8.0sec
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=5754

The SS vs. a stock MM will not be pretty, but honestly, pull out some real stats... It's been beaten to death, but almost no one on here runs as poorly as the mags did. I ran 14.8's bone stock. many other have run in the same range, or better.

Silver_04
12-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Welp, since you replied to me, I'll weigh in, here... You'll take my Marauder by a few lengths... Care to try to pick on something your own size? Read the plate :D

Honestly, I like the Trailblazer SS... I still haven't sat in one, yet. I'm afraid if I fit, I'll want one.

Did you opt for a AWD or RWD SS? What type of leg room / head room does the SS offer? I know I wasn't able to fit comfortably in an older Trailblazer (think a 2003?), but maybe it's grown inside...

The SS vs. a stock MM will not be pretty, but honestly, pull out some real stats... It's been beaten to death, but almost no one on here runs as poorly as the mags did. I ran 14.8's bone stock. many other have run in the same range, or better.

LOL, nothing personal meant by replying to your statement. Just saw your input on the SS and figure I'd throw up a pic of my new toy. I would like to go up against a Lightning sometime, that would be a good race.

I got a plane jane RWD LS trim Trailblazer. The only option is the CD/cassette. Couldn't believe I found a stripper vehicle on the lot. I was absolutely sure I would have to order one with no options.

The interior is roomier than the old Blazer. I'm 6'2" so I fit fairly well, but my head rubbed the headliner of an SS that had the sunroof. I find that I have plenty of leg room.

I ran a 14.7 when I had my Marauder (bone stock) so I know it will do better than the mags say it will. Yet that was many moons ago...and now I need something to pull my boat and boogie down the highway.:D I'll just check back in here in a few months after I run the SS down the strip.

QWK SVT
12-20-2005, 06:24 PM
LOL, nothing personal meant by replying to your statement. Just saw your input on the SS and figure I'd throw up a pic of my new toy. I would like to go up against a Lightning sometime, that would be a good race.

I got a plane jane RWD LS trim Trailblazer. The only option is the CD/cassette. Couldn't believe I found a stripper vehicle on the lot. I was absolutely sure I would have to order one with no options.

The interior is roomier than the old Blazer. I'm 6'2" so I fit fairly well, but my head rubbed the headliner of an SS that had the sunroof. I find that I have plenty of leg room.

I ran a 14.7 when I had my Marauder (bone stock) so I know it will do better than the mags say it will. Yet that was many moons ago...and now I need something to pull my boat and boogie down the highway.:D I'll just check back in here in a few months after I run the SS down the strip.

I was just playing around, since you quoted me. I see one has popped up in the parking lot at work - all black, leather interior (wiping the drool).. I've said it a couple of times, I like the SS, very much... :up: Just not quite enough to get rid of the MM, and take a dump on the depreciation.

At 6'6" i learned a long time ago that moonroofs are not an option. Due to seating position, my head ends up behind the window, where the ceiling drops 1-2" (depending on the specific vehicle), making it a show stopper.

Got more pics? Plan to run it at the track?

Silver_04
12-20-2005, 06:52 PM
I got a few big pics posted.

Linky1 (http://bellsouthpwp2.net/c/t/ctt9/DSC01756.JPG)
Linky2 (http://bellsouthpwp2.net/c/t/ctt9/DSC01758.JPG)
Linky3 (http://bellsouthpwp2.net/c/t/ctt9/DSC01754.JPG)

I'll be taking it to the track sometime, but I'm gonna wait to get a couple of thousand miles on the thing first. All of my fun cars in the past seemed to behave differently after getting a few more clicks on the odo.

Rider90
12-20-2005, 07:26 PM
So you have an LS SS? I just figured they would have an SS package and be done with it. But I love it! Looks great :bows:

Silver_04
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Yup, the thing is about as plain vanilla as you can get. Wish more cars came this way.

bigslim
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I see it has all season tires on it. I was expecting something more agressive.

merc6
12-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Just ran into the red Jeep SRT-8 earlier with michigan manufacter tags... Dual tips in center of the bumper and looks like 20 inch polished rims.

RCSignals
12-21-2005, 02:16 AM
I see it has all season tires on it. I was expecting something more agressive.

Well it is just a truck,SUV.
Considering GMs financial woes, it could have come with tube type bias plies.