PDA

View Full Version : The Phantom Headrest

Svashtar
10-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Wanted to get all the nit stuff posted at once to minimize the irritation factor. (-:

Drivers side headrest: Sit in the back seat behind the drivers seat and put the headrest all the way up. Then push on it hard, pound on it, rock it back and forth, lift it up and then try to force it down, whatever. It will _not_ go down unless you push the little button to release the catch and lower it; just as it should be.

Now drive the car a couple of days, and get out and the headrest is all the way down?! Tried switching with the passengers side headrest but the same thing happens. Does not happen with the passengers side at all.

Wonder if it's because of my enormous backside on the cushions that frees something up inside? Not a big deal, and doesn't happen all the time, just every few days. I'm real tall so like it up all the way.

This ever happen to anyone else? One of those things that bugs you trying to figure out why it happens or get it to happen manually.

Thanks,

Norm

MAD-3R
10-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Wanted to get all the nit stuff posted at once to minimize the irritation factor. (-:

Drivers side headrest: Sit in the back seat behind the drivers seat and put the headrest all the way up. Then push on it hard, pound on it, rock it back and forth, lift it up and then try to force it down, whatever. It will _not_ go down unless you push the little button to release the catch and lower it; just as it should be.

Now drive the car a couple of days, and get out and the headrest is all the way down?! Tried switching with the passengers side headrest but the same thing happens. Does not happen with the passengers side at all.

Wonder if it's because of my enormous backside on the cushions that frees something up inside? Not a big deal, and doesn't happen all the time, just every few days. I'm real tall so like it up all the way.

This ever happen to anyone else? One of those things that bugs you trying to figure out why it happens or get it to happen manually.

Thanks,

Norm

Someone joyriding in your car?

blackf0rk
10-26-2005, 07:24 AM
I have my headrests all the way up, and have been that way for some time now. They never just fall down. I know - that doesn't help you much... :(