PDA

View Full Version : Sorting thru Timeslip Page

Smokie
10-30-2005, 06:22 AM
Do others sort thru the timeslip page's options to see where your car places in the different categories???

I did this with my entry, my car was N/A with a tune only.

1/4 ET Rank: ...51
1/4 MPH Rank:.40
60' Rank:.........60
1/8 ET Rank.....54
1/8 MPH Rank:.41
HP Rank:.........86

The two things that seem most obvious to me is that my car takes off very slowly (slower than average) and it accelerates very well (better than average) Anyway this high end acceleration trend seems to carry over into my S/C times, along with the slower take offs.

Smokie
10-30-2005, 08:45 AM
I must be the only nutty guy that looks at numbers from a different angle.....:lol:

MikesMerc
10-30-2005, 09:00 AM
No sir, you are not alone! I do this often as well looking for indications of where and when performance issues lay.

Not only do I find this very informative for my own use, but I'm able to give much better advice to those who ask about there 1/4 performance. Knowing were a car fits in the database at different points in the qtr mile amongst the others running similar times tells you a lot. Our data base has really become a very useful tool now.

MI2QWK4U
10-30-2005, 10:10 AM
I second Mikes post. The information now, especially with as many supercharged cars there are now, is valuable if you take the time to disect it and compare. You see paterns emerge, and can rate mods based on performance. This is my fav view of the timeslip page:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78 74&stc=1

Marauderman
10-30-2005, 10:18 AM
I've always favoried that number (11) myself--and have ever since I was in that fire engine company--somehow--it's been apart of my life--hope to be among those numbers some day too myself ......yeah--I can understand your fellings for such a number----I personally looked at it as being twice as good as number 1 --from a joke we had between fire engine company 1--(in that we had 2 one's --hench twice as good--- yeah I know you got it)

Anyway--that number does mean alot to alot ....it's nice .......Tom

Smokie
10-30-2005, 03:28 PM
The 11 second club is the smallest at 6 entries, closely followed by the 13 second club at 9. The largest group by far is the 14 second club with 41 entries.

The fewer entries in the time segment you are in, the smaller the variables will become. My HP entry ranks 86, my 1/4 mph ranks 40, that seems like a huge differential.

Here are the top entries by each sort category:

1/4 ET: ...Jerry
1/4 MPH:..Jerry
1/8 ET: ...Jerry
1/8 MPH:..Martyo
60' time:..Zack
HP entry:..Martyo

A notable mention, although not a category, it is strikingly noticeable....fastest ET on least amount of HP BillyG.