PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop Ripp Off !!

mungce
03-28-2003, 07:40 PM
I had to get close to 6k of body wok done on my MM this last week, and found out a few things that I wanted to share with you all. Watch out at a Mercury Dealer, Why Mer ? Well, many Merc. body shops have been using GranMarQ parts in lue of Marauder parts. For some its not their fault, as when first out the appraisal guys had nothing to go on other than a GranMarQ but now new parts numbers specific to Marauder are in the que and you should get the correct parts. It does matter, as in my case, the inner filler on the front bumper shield is different than any other the manager at the body shop told me, and he really likes the design, telling me that if crashshed at 10 the front bumper should be c 100% sound with all the rubber absd cushing. Any way, be sure the adjuster who does your car use Marauder number, not Merc/GranMarQ.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth

RCSignals
03-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Which part exactly? Do you have a part number from your paperwork?

mungce
03-28-2003, 09:06 PM
I will get it and post it Monday, OK ?

vaderv
03-28-2003, 10:32 PM
tnx mungce learn somethin new everyday ; )

mungce
03-29-2003, 08:27 AM
Well no part number, But I know what it is, and the way the body shop manager explained it to me was that in GranMarQ, front bumpers use a large singlepiece of the crush plastic that gets crushed before the bumber stats to actuate the air bags. In the MM, those same bumper linings are collapsable egg crate type, to save weight and to work even better.
ONE MAIN reason I bought my MM was safty. The dual stage air bags, reinforced dooes with steel rods, a tightened up chassis, using extra metal under and inner body, yet keeping it light by using aluminum as much as possible. Not to meantion the platform itself is one of the safest on the road, note PD Intercepters. With 8K on it, I like my MM now more tha on day one,.....

jgc61sr2002
03-29-2003, 09:38 AM
The Mercury Marauder also has side impact air bags. The ins. cost for my 2000 GM was greater than my 2003 MM and the broker stated " the side air are probably the reason for the reduction". I agree the MM is the safest American car on the road today. John:up:

mungce
03-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Living in a state like Texas, a car had best be ready for the most extreme tepperature changes than in most areas of the US. In the summer weeks of 100+ teps. with0 wind or clouds ( means you MUST have good AC )rain that will slap the black of your Marauder. I am findind that with long drives I especially enjoy my MM it handles so smooth, it's sweet spot, when the engine is looping along, smooth as slik riding, low rpms, is 83mph, for this paticular driver. Yes, I have a radar so that helps allot.

Jim Williams
FT.Worth, Tx