PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Production Car to Date

Bluerauder
11-04-2005, 01:03 PM
I know several folks here are not partial to Car & Driver magazine; but :o

I just read an article on the new Buggati Veyron, W16, quad-turbo, 1001 horsepower. Very interesting read and quite a bit of ride mode technology. Top Speed as tested by C&D was 253 MPH (also the governed limit) at a special track near Wolfsburg, Germany (near VW Headquarters). I think the 1/4 mile was 10.9 at 140 MPH???

The car hunkers down and deploys a rear spoiler automatically when it hits 130 mph in the handling mode. For top speed runs above 230 MPH, the driver has to come to a stop and turn a key to put the car in "top speed" mode where it hunkers down even more and retracts the spoiler to only 120 pounds of down force. The car automatically reverts to handling mode if the steering motion exceeds a certain limit or if the brake pedal is touched.

Only 50 of these cars will be made .... so start scraping together your $1.25 Million now. Don't want to miss out on this one. :rolleyes: P.S. Owners will be invited to the "private track" to check their top speed (included in the price !!) :up: What a deal.

wesman
11-04-2005, 01:46 PM
I can think of one guy on this board who may have one someday.....:)

Mike Poore
11-04-2005, 05:24 PM
I can think of one guy on this board who may have one someday.....:)How'd you know? :)

Barb says I can have one, but she wom't let me go to Europe for the test drive. :nono:

dwasson
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Although, if you couldn't make a $1million car fast there is a real problem.

Breadfan
11-04-2005, 07:56 PM
I hope it gets over 25mpg, gas is getting expensive, if not, I'll just have to settle for that Prius.... :(

1stMerc
11-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I hope it gets over 25mpg, gas is getting expensive, if not, I'll just have to settle for that Prius.... :(
Better get the Prius the Veyron only gets 10 mpg normal driving and 3 at the 253 mph limit.

That is one sweet ride though, i'd still take a Countach over it.