PDA

View Full Version : Working late sucks :(

Breadfan
11-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Man, I'm tired...been working since 8am, it's now 3am the next day. Big day in the computer world I guess, well for us anyway. I lead a migration team for our site, just a few of us, but we're busy beavers tonight ghosting Windows servers and imaging UNIX boxes using Veritas NetBackup. Grabbin' a few terabytes of data.

Can't start until after production hours, which we've managed to get as early as 6pm for a start time. Unfortunately the hours before that were spent in preparation areas. And as a team lead who still insists on doing tech work I had to spend most of the daylight hours doing the paperwork side as well.

Gonna have to sleep in tommorrow, but hey I will get a tad bit of overtime for this extra work, that will have to go in the "Make the Marauder Faster" bin. ;)

ckadiddle
11-05-2005, 06:28 AM
You get overtime pay? Lucky Bashtid! Hope everything works out well with no hitches,glitches,gremlins or Microsoft "undocumented features". ;)

Petrograde
11-05-2005, 06:45 AM
From this past May to August I was working, on average,.. 60-70 hours a week. Usually from 6:30am to 7pm.

It really sucked, but the overtime pay was nice! I was bacially making a little over double my 40 hour a week pay.

It looks like I'll be back on those hours in December. At least I'll be able to to get thosee Kook's I've been wanting!

MM2004
11-05-2005, 07:11 AM
I finally received approval for a new F/P server at work and will be traveling up North to be "schooled" on setting this bad boy up along with several laptops/PC's to return home with them.
Shortly thereafter, our "Mack Daddy" computer guy up North will come down and we get to completely remodel our server room. All switches, routers, PDC's, BDC's, SQL server and racks will be dismantled and replaced with a new rack, F/P server, tape drives and KVM switches. Then the process of pointing all clients to the new server.
I too receive OT benefits and will be a great learning experience as I am pretty new to all of this.

Mike.

Breadfan
11-05-2005, 12:37 PM
We are lucky to get overtime...it's usually per project. This one gives some overtime after 96 hours a pay period.

Oh well all went well but one very large 200gb ghost image is corrupt and I'm pulling it again. Not so bad really.