PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Trade Show confusion

CRUZTAKER
03-29-2003, 08:23 PM
I took advantage of being in town to visit the Dallas convention center and see the auto show. I had recently seen it in Cleveland and was pleased to see a somewhat informed mercury display with a blue MM. I was counting on seeing a silver MM at this show.
They only had a black one. Here's when it went awry.......
I ask the nearest manufacturer rep where's the silver one? as I point across the room toward the maruader. "The silver one?" he replies......I say yeah, the silver one. All I see is a black one. The fellow says "we gotta silver mountaineer....and a silver couger over there". I say NO, THE MARAUDER, A SILVER MARAUDER. He replies "the what???". I am really on the verge of nasty at this point, the Mercury MARAUDER; you DO work for mercury don't you???, I ask him. He nods complacently........now I can't hold back my feelings and let him have it. I say it's no wonder you guys can't sell these cars.......keep trying.....you may get it right someday. He then does an about face and walks away as my co-worker tried to not die laughing.

Oh man, it's worse than I thought......:confused:

dok
03-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Last week I took my Mustang to a Ford dealer for service. They also sell Lincolns and Mercurys. While I was waiting, I was walking around his lot looking for a MM. A new car salesman approached me and I asked him if they had any silver Marauders on order. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "the Marauder only comes in black".

I said "come on, get serious, it was available in blue last year". I also told him that I had a silver MM on order. He said "you must be confused. You must have ordered a silver Grand Marquis". I just walked away in disbelief.

I found out Friday that my silver MM is supposed to be delivered to me the week of April 14. When I get it, I think I'll drive it to this dealer, find this salesman, grab him by the shirt and say "look at this *********".

It is so frustrating.

Racerx88
03-29-2003, 09:27 PM
I went to the Dallas show today myself. Wore my "Marauder" embroidered t-shirt I got from Rush L/M. As I walked up to the so called "sales" people at the display, the guy sees my shirt and asks me; "What's a Marauder?". I smiled and pointed to the black Marauder RIGHT BEHIND HIM! He just said "Oh", and walked away.

Funny thing, the entire Mercury display was devoid of people, EXCEPT around the Marauder and the Messenger concept car. And yet they insist on only trying to sell mini-vans and Cougars in their TV ads. Go figure.

UncleLar
03-30-2003, 04:20 AM
Those in charge at Mercury will never wake up. At the Chicago Auto show I waited I don't know how long to get just one picture each of the Blue and Silver cars with the doors shut because people were lining up even to just sit in the rear seats,even pre teenage males.
Wake up there Mercury,you could sells LOTS of them if people knew you had them and what they are.
BTW,where's my SC Marauder at? I've been waiting over 3 years.

Logan
03-30-2003, 10:49 AM
I was talking to the regional Mercury dealer rep and man was he ticked with the display. The marauder there was trashed, they didn't deliver the Silver Marauder like they were going to... They deliver the new Monterey Minivan and what do they do? Stick it off in the corner... Morons...

The 04 Lightning wasn't even there... Yeeeesh

jgc61sr2002
03-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Lack of knowledge is the main problem with the MM sales. The reps and sales people seem to know very little about the MM. They can probably sell 50 minivans and or Grand Marquis to 1 MM. Its all about dollars. They could seem to care less about selling a MM and make a huge profit on other models they sell in volume. IMHO. John

Logan
03-30-2003, 11:13 AM
I think that's the problem, the only thing they sell in any volume is the Mountaineer. The new Monterey is gorgeous (Hey I'm a minivan owner too...). Monterey sales should be fairly strong when it debuts.