PDA

View Full Version : Only in Detroit

Hack Goby
11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Well Im on I-696 today on my way to Trilogy to take one of my favorite people to lunch and what do I see? A evergreen Marauder.It had aftermarket rims but look to be 18" so it didnt look that bad.It also had a chrome Grand Marquis grill and a tacky hood scoop.As far as the color it didnt look that bad.

Tallboy
11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Well Im on I-696 today on my way to Trilogy to take one of my favorite people to lunch and what do I see? A evergreen Marauder.It had aftermarket rims but look to be 18" so it didnt look that bad.It also had a chrome Grand Marquis grill and a tacky hood scoop.As far as the color it didnt look that bad.

Only in Detroit? You got that right. If it was Florida, it would've had a Bug Shield and a Vinyl Top!

shakes_26
11-09-2005, 11:58 AM
And a genuine 'faux' spare tire carrier mounted to the trunk lid!

CBT
11-09-2005, 11:59 AM
.....and a guy with a badge.....

Rick-n-Miami
11-09-2005, 11:59 AM
And the additional gold/chrome package with bonus handicap parking sticker.

And a genuine 'faux' spare tire carrier mounted to the trunk lid!

STLR FN
11-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Let's not forget the curb feelers.

dwasson
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
...and the left turn signal flashing.

shakes_26
11-09-2005, 12:33 PM
...and the left turn signal flashing.

Correction, the Heavy Duty, rated for continuous use turn signal Flasher module. They come standard on all the gold trim packages.

Mike Poore
11-09-2005, 12:36 PM

Well, Paul, it looks as if it went over their collective heads by a country mile.;)

bigslim
11-09-2005, 01:38 PM
I thought I was one of your favorite people?:confused:

Bluerauder
11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
We really need pics to assess your judgement on this !! :rofl: It would be easier to understand this statement if you were coming back from your 2 hour lunch. :rolleyes:

Breadfan
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
LOL the Florida talk reminds me of years ago when my Grandparents bought a K-CAr. It was a brand new '88 Plymouth Reliant...they loved the car, but my Grandma had always had a hood ornament to judge the road with. (Used as a reference point.) The K-Car didn't have one, so they went to the dealer to purchase one and install it.

Well the dealer ended up giving them an ornament for a Caravan instead, so the base was radiacally sloped for a Caravan hood. (The K-Car, being a box with wheels, had virually no slope to the hood.)

So, while we were going to take the ornament back to the dealer for them and get the right one, before we could pick it up my Grandfather had epoxied it to the hood.

He did a good job though, it didn't look all that bad aside from having a 1/2 black epoxy base. ;)

Best part was the hood ornament was still on (and not going anywhere) when we finally got rid of the car in the late 90's.

(That car was my sister's first car and served her rather well for a K-Car.)

So I'm waiting to see a Florida Marauder with a big gaudy hockey stick's Mercury hood ornament. :)

As for the detroit MArauder, a dark metallic green might look nice. The thing that scares me the most is the tacky hood scoop. I've seen some nasty tack on scoops before, they can single handedly ruin a car.

shakes_26
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking of a big white hockey stripe ala 74 Torino, oh yeah thats hot!

Hack Goby
11-09-2005, 08:50 PM
I thought I was one of your favorite people?:confused:
I thought you might be there,I should have called.We went to Chris Chileos Sports bar.Really nice.And yes I am going to start keeping my camera in the car for all the odd stuff you see driving in Detroit.:eek:

bigslim
11-09-2005, 10:08 PM
I thought you might be there,I should have called.We went to Chris Chileos Sports bar.Really nice.And yes I am going to start keeping my camera in the car for all the odd stuff you see driving in Detroit.:eek:
I stopped by yesterday. Also, now you know why I keep a camera in the car.

hitchhiker
11-09-2005, 11:58 PM

The target is lit!

:D

Fastronald
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey..you forgot the lighting bolt static straps too!