PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true!

chucky
11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
A gas station in philly (on rising sun ave) was selling gas .20 cheaper than the station across the street, people lined up, only trouble was few made it off the lot. when they checked the tanks they found 900 gallons of water.:shake:

jgc61sr2002
11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
I guess you get what you pay for.:D

MarauderMark
11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I work at broad and rising sun everyday which one are you talking about so i dont make that mistake..

chucky
11-10-2005, 06:52 PM
its in a part of the northeast called crescentville its just north of Adams Ave.

Drivers Stranded at Gas Station

<!--Start Left column--->November 10, 2005 - There is breaking news in Philadelphia's Crescentville neighborhood. There's a problem at a gas station that's leaving drivers stranded.
There is a giant parking lot at the Rising Sun Gas and Food.
"What's the matter?"
"I got $10 of gas, and it was water. "What is coming out of the pumps is some kind of a yellow substance. It smells like gasoline, but cars won't start. The manager figured out there was something going on with the delivery of gas that he just got.
"What happened Harry?"
"Pretty much we sold out of gas and we get a delivery once day and the delivery was bad."
"What are they going to do?"
"They are on their way and they are going to pump the old gas in the tanks and replace it with new gas. We're going to pay for towing and repairs to make the cars up and running again. They are going to make amend with all the motorists who are stranded who think they got a good deal on the gas here.

chucky
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
This may help someone.
My wife bought gas at the Sunoco on cottman & lawndale afterward I noticed the car pinging and low on power so I added fuel conditioner & when it got down below 1/4 tank I changed the fuel filter it was filthy. problem solved.
Unfortunetly a couple weeks later she was in a hurry & forgot about it and bought gas again at that station so we had the same trouble.

maybe we should start a thread for this kind of thing

MarauderMark
11-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Thank you for your reply .I was worried it was somewhere near me but i hardly ever get up there .My uncle lives around there and i will foward this to him..:up:

Marauder
11-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Thank you for your reply .I was worried it was somewhere near me but i hardly ever get up there .My uncle lives around there and i will foward this to him..:up:

I was actually right near there last Friday. Remind me not to get gas there.

fastblackmerc
11-11-2005, 10:05 PM
This may help someone.
My wife bought gas at the Sunoco on cottman & lawndale afterward I noticed the car pinging and low on power so I added fuel conditioner & when it got down below 1/4 tank I changed the fuel filter it was filthy. problem solved.
Unfortunetly a couple weeks later she was in a hurry & forgot about it and bought gas again at that station so we had the same trouble.

maybe we should start a thread for this kind of thing
I'd go back and complain. They should reimburse you for the cost of the repairs.

martyo
11-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I was actually right near there last Friday. Remind me not to get gas there.

Don't get gas there. Consider yourself reminded.

RCSignals
11-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Don't buy gas at an old station that hasn't had it's tanks changed in the last few years.
Old tanks are notorious for having water and dirt/crud in them, which usually gets stirred up when the stations tanks are filled.