PDA

View Full Version : Keema & his silver harness - Rainbow Bridge

Donna
11-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Today, I had to help my best friend Keema make his journey to the Rainbow Bridge, which was not easy for me to do.
Keema was a very special Siberian Husky, for so many reason. Keema has had health issues over the past few years, one that effected his spine, which is why we had to quit dog sledding. Keema was not doing very well this past week. Blood work showed cancer in it. Early this morning, Keema struggled and collapsed while going down the stairs to go outside.
Keema & I had another heart to heart talk last night. He told me it was
time for him to go join his brother Kody and mother at the Rainbow Bridge.
Because Keema is that one special Siberian that you come across, after he
collapsed this morning, I had to help him make his journey. Keema and I
picked each other out when he was 2 weeks old. He was leading a sled team
for us at 10 months old and loved every moment of if. He was one of the
best Lead dogs that I have ever owned and trained. I still say he skip
"puppyhood". Over a 5+ year period, we did countless numbers of sled demos
for scout and schools. And he was awesome at his fundraising skills and
fundraiser hikes for a Siberian Husky rescue group that we worked with.
God speed my beloved Keema, you will always be on my heart. We will be together again, you, Kody and me.

For all of you that are pet lovers, please take a moment and read the Rainbow Bridge poem at the link below:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Wear your silver harness with great pride by beloved friend, you earned it.

Keema's Dogster Page:
http://www.dogster.com/?30274

Donna

Big House
11-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Donna,

My heart goes out to you in this time of sorrow. I to wish Keema God's speed.

Big House

MM03MOK
11-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh Donna......

I hope Keema had a peaceful journey. He had many bunny friends waiting for him as he arrived at the Rainbow Bridge.....Chewbacca, Waffle, Duffle, Mitten, Muffin, Panda, Yakky Doodle, Hoover, Waffie II and Penelope.

Love and Hugs,
:hug2:

:bunny:

mpearce
11-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Donna,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's always hard because they become such friends, and part of the family. We had to go through the same thing with a dog of ours. Lucky was with me from grade school, through highschool, through college, and through 2 years of living and working in NY. I moved back from NY, and he passed away 2 months afterward. I'm glad he waited until I finally got home...he was a good dog, and a great friend...with us through it all. We still miss him. It's been over 3 years.

-Mat

SilverStreak
11-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Aw Donna,

Two days ago I sent a copy of "Rainbow Bridge" to a friend that just lost their cat after many years. Many of us know your pain and grieve with you.
Dogs are special. They bring out the best in us I think.

Sorry for your loss,
Darrell

DEFYANT
11-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Sorry for your loss Donna, hang in there.

Tallboy
11-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Abby raises a paw towards the sky...:cry:

martyo
11-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Donna: You and I have become telephone friends over the recent months which makes me even more sad to hear of your loss. You and Keema are in our thoughts and Stanley, Stella and I are sharing a moment of silence in her honor. You were lucky to have each other. Keema will live on in your memories.

Sully008
11-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Donna,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for the rainbow's bridge link. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

jgc61sr2002
11-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Donna - Very sorry about your loss. I can see Keema was very special to you.

2003DOHC
11-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Donna:

Losing a animal friend is never easy my condolences on your loss. We still miss our 2 cats that have been gone for a number of years. We now Have a 15 month Russian Blue named Misty Mae to enjoy. Misty will shed a tear for Keema.

Steve

PhastPhil
11-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Keema. Just know that he is happy where he is, and he will be waiting for you to be reunited someday.

jim geary
11-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Donna: My heart goes out to you dear. I know how painful it can be to loose someone that you love. I have lost many animals over the years. It's never easy. I truly greive for your loss. Take care. Our prayers are with you and Keema. Your friend, Jim.

MarauderMike
11-13-2005, 04:59 AM
Donna, my friend, I'm truly sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Keema.
May he lead his team in eternity and with every thought of him bring you remembrances of his smile, love and joy he brought into your life.

snowbird
11-13-2005, 05:23 AM
I feel your lost. The only dog i had was a Husky when i was a teenager.

I had an uncle who made a contract in Frobisher bay, Baffin island in the far north. He bring me back by plane this lovely puppy ((a genuine dog from the eskimo community) who became a very good family member. And pretty clever. In the day time, he would jump the 4 foot fence of our home, walk about 1 mile and a half of labyrinth type suburbs streets and go to the elementary school playground to be cheered by all the the young students.

When i was back from school, he had came back and would look at me with that funny face :ME going out ? i would never do that !

Hack Goby
11-13-2005, 06:15 AM
It`s never easy when we have to part with our furry friends.Tex has been gone for over two years now and even though I have Jake I still remember his last day.

Mike Poore
11-13-2005, 07:08 AM
Hobbes is heartbroken; who's he gonna talk to over the phone, he asks? He says you should go to the Husky dealership and get another Keema right away.

We love you, be strong.
:tigger:

STLR FN
11-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Sorry to hear about Keema, Donna. My heart goes out to you and Keema. I'm sure he's thanking you right now for making a hard decision.

Last month I too recently lost a pet. He also went to the Rainbow Bridge. The only part was I wasn't there with him.

the_pack_rat
11-14-2005, 04:08 AM
Donna,

Sorry to hear of your loss.

:hug2:

RoyLPita
11-14-2005, 04:22 AM
I am sorry for your loss. We are alll pulling for you here.

2003 MIB
11-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Donna,
I kniow there's nothing that can be said to take away the pain you are feeling- I wish there was. Keema doesn't hurt any longer but there will probably always be paw prints on your heart.
-Dan

Bluerauder
11-14-2005, 07:43 AM
Today, I had to help my best friend Keema make his journey to the Rainbow Bridge, which was not easy for me to do.
Donna
[/SIZE]
Donna ... my condolences on the loss of your good buddy. Thanks for the link to the Rainbow Bridge and to Keema's page. Very emotional.

ckadiddle
11-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Sorry to hear about Keema. It's always hard when a member of your family is gone.

Ross
11-14-2005, 08:11 AM
God blessed you with a wonderful friend, and sometimes the only thing we can do is to thank Him for His gift, even in the midst of our grief. The memories will never fade, and the love will never die.

BK_GrandMarquis
11-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you feel. :grouphug: I had to put my pup of 11 years, Tuk (an Akita/Hisky mix), to sleep last year. He had bone cancer in his right shoulder. It was definitely one of the hardest things I had to do. :cry: He got all the treats he wanted that afternoon.

I got a card from the vet with the Rainbow Poem in it. It brought tears to my eyes to read it.:depress:

Maybe Keema can keep my old boy company too.

bigslim
11-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Donna, it is never easy to lose a loved one. You are one of my favorite people and I am always there for you.

younga1
11-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Donna,

I may not have known you before but feel I know you now. As I fear I am approaching this time as well with my own, know that you have led me to comfort sharing this time and the information. Enjoy and cherish the memories of your faithfull friend.

seans
11-15-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my dog.

Donna
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
My dear friends,

I can not tell you all "thank you" enough for the wonderful words and support you have all given me since Saturday about Keema. Yes, I miss this "special boy" very much and will for a very long time. He was the exception to the breed and he touched many peoples heart, not just here, but also on the Siberian Husky formum that we belong to. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for everything. You guys are great :) And Elf Keema will be with us and will be watching over us from the stars above. He truly earned his silver harness and is now back in lead with his brother Kody, leading a wonderful team of Siberians across the sky at night. When you see those shooting stars or the Northern lights.....it will be them :) Hug your furkids for me and enjoy every precious moment you can with them.

Hotrauder
11-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Donna,

Godspeed to you and Keema. Our thoughts are with you. Thank you for the Rainbow Bridge. Dennis and Penny

LordVader
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
:( Donna,

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I too had one of those lifetime dogs, with my Siberian named Nikko. She was a special dog and when her time came I could not take her on her journey myself, my wife had to do it. We feel your pain, accept our heartfelt sympathies and prayers.

Bradley G
11-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Donna,
I am truly sorry for your loss of Keema,
I don't know anytime we spoke, that we did not talk about our furry friends.
May the fond memories overwhelm your sad heart.