PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for toast?

carfixer
11-13-2005, 11:55 AM
My wife has been telling me she doesn't like her 99 Continental anymore wants something different. Since she's seen the Scion xB, she's been saying that she wants one of those "toasters". There was no way we were getting one. We'd never fit us and the kids in it and besides, its ugly.

We got 1 traded in at our Mazda dealership. I couldn't believe how much room it had inside. It has more head room and back seat leg room than her Cont! I test drove it and found the 1.5L engine has plenty of power to move this little square thing. I went on line and found out they are rated at 30 and 35MPG! Also found out they start under $15K. By now the styling was growing on me.

I asked how much for the used Scion we have on the lot. They said my "special price" was $15K. I was like ???????, they're less than that new! I said screw that, I'm gonna check out a new one. Guess what? nobody has one in stock, they are selling quicker that they can get them and the used ones are selling for more than new!

We decided to order a new one and wait for it in the color we wanted. They told us a month but had it in a week.

We picked it up yesterday afternoon. It had 5 miles on it when we took delivery. Mrs Carfixer is happy she got her toaster and I'm happy to double her gas mileage.

Give your opinion, good or bad. I know it's not for everyone but we like it and I guess that's all that counts.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/9/0/xB002.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/9/0/xB001.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/9/0/xB003.jpg

MarauderMark
11-13-2005, 12:00 PM
I dunno i think they'er sharp looking vehicals.I belive you can soup em up to about 190 hp too.:burnout: :D

MarauderMarc
11-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Well they are a toyota so they will at least last a long time. Come on Claude...what mods are you already working on????

carfixer
11-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Well they are a toyota so they will at least last a long time. Come on Claude...what mods are you already working on????

The only mods we're planning are cosmetic. Tires and wheels are first and maybe some interior stuff. We're not interested in performance mods for this one. If Mrs wants to get it out of system, I'll give her the MM for the day :burnout:.

Mad4Macs
11-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Somewhere 'round here, there's a Honda Elephant running around with vanity plates "FOXINBOX".
Those boxes serve a purpose, they're efficient and they can bring home a ton of groceries :D

ckadiddle
11-13-2005, 01:29 PM
If the Mrs. is happy with it, that's what is important.

BK_GrandMarquis
11-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Doesn't matter if it's an import or domestic. I'd rather buy a regular minivan. I guess for the price it ain't bad but I still rather get something more conventional.

Mad4Macs
11-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Doesn't matter if it's an import or domestic. I'd rather buy a regular minivan. I guess for the price it ain't bad but I still rather get something more conventional.

Back in '03, If I were looking for "conventional", I sure as hell wouldn't have sprung for the Marauder. I'd have bought a "Malibu Maxx" or something equally fugly as a Chevy :lol:

Cobra25
11-13-2005, 02:53 PM
When I bring in my wifes Toyota to the dealer for servive they always have a few . They are built well and are kinda cute. Tell Paula we wish her many years of happiness with her Cool new ride!

StevenJ
11-13-2005, 03:04 PM
My personal opinion, The Xa, The Xb, and the TC are all essentianlly rebadged Toyota Echos. Not every cool or flashy in my opinion when you think about it that way. A Mazda 3 would of probably been a bit better and faster. Just my opinion though. JD Power & Associates didn't rate Scion too high in terms of quality as a brand. Shouldn't be too hard on maintance though.

RCSignals
11-13-2005, 03:27 PM
If the Mrs. is happy with it, that's what is important.

That's what I was going to say. They aren't my choice personally.
'Toaster' is a good description for one. Kind of look like a small version of an old 'box' delivery van.

tmac1337
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I like it!

Now I want one too!

teamrope
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Do they come in "Butter" yellow? :)

cb13
11-13-2005, 05:41 PM
happy wife = happy life

my mrs. digs the xB as well...but she made me buy here a minivan a few years ago so she is waiting until it dies to get something else.

Smokie
11-13-2005, 05:49 PM
If Paula is happy, you will be happy, That is what is all about.

While my 3 sons were small we owned a 1986 Dodge Caravan.....for 10 years. I call that "a man who loves his family".....:lol:

MarauderMike
11-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Does this mean a bigger gasoline budget for the Marauder? 100% race fuel all the time!!!!!

RoyLPita
11-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I wish you all the best with it. I kinda have a soft spot for the Tc.

PhastPhil
11-13-2005, 08:05 PM
I know retro is in...but and old British delivery truck?!

Whatever as long as the Mrs. is happy!

younga1
11-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Looks from the photos that the MM retains the only garage space available. Appears that the scion knows its place:)

If she's happy, your happy, what do we matter? Congrats on a new ride.

bigslim
11-13-2005, 09:46 PM
I can't believe she went from a Lincoln to a Scion. Not my cup of tea. I do know onething. No one should ever talk about my PT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/547882_61_full.jpg

ridinclean
11-13-2005, 10:06 PM
I personally think its a very ugly automobile, however not quite as ugly as an Element. But its what makes your wife happy that counts. You have an MM, and that counts for even more!

wildman649
11-14-2005, 04:55 AM
X B must stand for X-Box :)

Mike Poore
11-14-2005, 05:13 AM
I'm guessing it's gonna be her regular driver, and hopefully you don't worry about high winds in the Ft Myers area. That would be my only concern, whith her hauling the kids in it. Transportation appliance came to mind when I saw the picture, but, hey, it's cheap to buy and cheap to drive, ....and she likes it. What's not to like? :dunno:

wchain
11-14-2005, 10:03 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/9/0/xB002.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/9/0/xB001.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/1/9/0/xB003.jpg
Traded a Conti in on a xb? WOW! Are those twin carfixer juniors?? Looks like one is reading hte MM factory service manual....:D When are u taking the family to Houston on vacation and align the car?

DEFYANT
11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
I can't believe she went from a Lincoln to a Scion. Not my cup of tea. I do know onething. No one should ever talk about my PT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/547882_61_full.jpg

This is what Lisa has been after! The jury is still out!

Tallboy
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I better never, and I mean never get any crap about my Neon again.:D

Rick-n-Miami
11-14-2005, 11:45 AM
I was thinking about this yesterday. :)

I better never, and I mean never get any crap about my Neon again.:D

seans
11-14-2005, 12:41 PM
You should wait and hold your vote after you put the twenty inch tires, neon kit and loud mufller on it.

Its not for me but if you and your wife are happy... who cares what everyone else thinks.:)

Bluerauder
11-14-2005, 01:25 PM
X B must stand for X-Box :)
What a coincidence ... that's exactly what my wife called one yesterday ... an "X-Box". :rolleyes: Beauty must truly be in the eyes of the beholder. It is very distinctive looking, though !! :D .... but also not to my taste.

No one should ever talk about my PT
Slim, you gotta work on getting it between the lines. :rolleyes:

Mike Poore
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Slim, you gotta work on getting it between the lines. :rolleyes:

It WAS, Charlie, that darned wind out there..... He's lucky though, it blew all the rest of the cars in the lot away.:rofl:

mtnh
11-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I know one person with one of these, and he said it just like Claude did: It goes nicely, and has tons of open space inside. I never looked at that car the same since I heard those things. Good luck; anyone that can make such a roomy car out of such a seemingly small exterior and grab up those MPGs has got my vote. She may end up missing some of the bells and whistles of the lincoln, but as is stated above, a happy wife equals a happy husband, for the most part.

MarauderTJA
11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
The only mods we're planning are cosmetic. Tires and wheels are first and maybe some interior stuff. We're not interested in performance mods for this one. If Mrs wants to get it out of system, I'll give her the MM for the day :burnout:.

Come on Claude, you have been probably talking to Jerry to get him make a Triology for that little beast. You can come clean:lol:

Bradley G
11-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Way nicer, than a Neon!:baaa:
I like it.
No one in my family likes them.

Tallboy
11-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Way nicer, than a Neon!:baaa:
I like it.
No one in my family likes them.

You just have to, don't ya?:D

Bradley G
11-15-2005, 04:59 AM
Didn't want you to feel neglected, Big Man!
You just have to, don't ya?:D

Donna
11-15-2005, 05:54 AM
I like it.....looks like a mini van. Love the color. Ha...does not look like a toaster.....lol. Main thing is Mrs. Carfixer is one happy camper :)

Hotrauder
11-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Ya, That's the one! Cool. Paula, no YMCA when under way! I love the look and you look great in it. Almost as good as doing the 1320 in the MM. Penny and I hope the X Box love affair last a long long time. Dennis:party: