PDA

View Full Version : Invisible in Texas??

CRUZTAKER
03-30-2003, 10:50 PM
I have been in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area with my co-workers for 9 days now. The appearence of things are really nice. The days are sunny, the weather is cool and enjoyable for this time of year. The golf courses are top notch, the bars are plentifull, the uni-card is quite handy, and there are a ton of adult gaming establishments.

BUT!.............What the hell is wrong with the people?????
There is absolutely minimal hospitality in this state. People here don't make eye contact, small talk, or are even aware of one anothers presence. WTF? We have been ignored, blown off, and gone down right un-noticed since we got here.

Oh, we do get noticed and make eye contact with one sort......the mexican- americans!!! The look to kill that is.....what is the problem here? Is it just Dallas-Ft.Worth people, or the entire state of Texas. It definately has nothing to do with being Yankees....hell, we don't even trade words, how would they know? Besides, after living in Smirna, Ga. for a couple years, I can turn on the southern twang like a light switch.

Speak up Texans....what gives?

TAF
03-31-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
The golf courses are top notch, the bars are plentifull, the uni-card is quite handy, and there are a ton of adult gaming establishments.

Working hard, I see...

BUT!.............What the hell is wrong with the people?????
There is absolutely minimal hospitality in this state. People here don't make eye contact, small talk, or are even aware of one anothers presence. WTF? We have been ignored, blown off, and gone down right un-noticed since we got here.

Speak up Texans....what gives?

First of all (and I know this from living in Texas for over 5 years) the folks out there are NOT Americans...they're Texans...there's a difference. And they KNOW when you are not a Texan even before you say a word.

And Second...We all told them you were coming...:lol:

Logan
03-31-2003, 06:35 AM
Don't worry, I get that too sometimes... People just could really care less around here...Too wrapped up in their own day to day lives... Sorry haven't had a chance to get with ya yet to show you the "other" side... It's been hectic as all heck...

CRUZTAKER
03-31-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by TAF
And Second...We all told them you were coming...:lol:

bastages!!!!:D

Ray Snyder
03-31-2003, 09:02 AM
If you feel lonely up there, Take a road trip down to the friendly part of Texas. Houston.

MAD-3R
03-31-2003, 09:31 AM
"We got people from all over Texas, and Houston. And we have both kinds of music, Country and Western."

Paul T. Casey
03-31-2003, 10:31 AM
Went to Houston a few years ago. It was pretty good, except for the Texans.

Logan
03-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Houston is a hole in the ground... Yucky place compared to DFW.

CRUZTAKER
03-31-2003, 03:01 PM
OK, I had no intentions of bashing texas or texans......just wondering what the hell.......

It's all good, we are gonna catch a Rangers game saturday, and hit 6-flags next week. There is alot to do here, that's for sure.

Went to the Ft. Worth museum of science and nat. history yesterday, played some put-put, and saw an IMAX movie. My partners are playing golf up the road here, it's high school senior girls day......oh my, what am I doing in this hotel room????

MMM2003
03-31-2003, 03:05 PM
High School Girls ?!?!?
You are one sick-minded guy !

At least make sure that they are of "legal" age, before you take them ----- "golfing"

Wags
03-31-2003, 03:15 PM
I always wanted to get a hole-in-one.:D

2004 MARAUDER
03-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Well, not sure, but: When you sent an e-mail saying you were coming to Dallas/Fort Worth, I immediately informed and invited you to the Car Show: Never heard back!

Then you say "it's high school senior girls day......oh my, what am I doing in this hotel room????"

And you wonder what is wrong with "Texans"? Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

2004 Marauder
aka Jim from Lubbock, Texas.

LincMercLover
03-31-2003, 09:09 PM
CRUZ,

And you didn't take me why? :D

CRUZTAKER
04-02-2003, 03:17 PM
I need advice local from the locals.......I want to check out a club while in town. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.......

Some one recommended the "The Key Club" on Northwest Highway. Any advice on the best BANG for the buck.....or is it 20 bucks now???

TAF
04-02-2003, 03:20 PM
:nono: :shake: :eek: :alone: :help:

CRUZTAKER
04-02-2003, 03:42 PM
NO TOUCHY FEELY........:up:

LincMercLover
04-02-2003, 04:19 PM
The Key Club? You lock your keys in the car?

OH! That kinda club... Go to a truck stop/gas station. :lol:

WolfeBros
04-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Well I have lived in DFW area for 15 years after living most of my life on east coast. I find people here pretty friendly compared to most other places I have been. And yeah those that are native Texans consider themselves pretty damn special. Dallas has become a big melting pot over the last ten years. Some of those not being friendly may just be from somewhere else. This is a great place to live and work but like everywhere else......people are all caught up in their own worlds. Compared to either coast I think people are more laid back and down to earth here.

BTW table dances are $20 now and be real careful you don't get poked in the eye. ahem.
Cabaret Royal, Million Dollar Saloon and Baby Dolls are all famous for their entertainment value. Don't ask me how I know. I used to know anyway. ;) I just know RF and TAF won't let this post go by without comment. :D

CRUZTAKER
04-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks Wolfe.....I still REALLY want to hear the new exhaust before I go home. Hope you have time over the next two weeks.

TAF
04-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
I just know RF and TAF won't let this post go by without comment. :D

Nothing from me, Wolfe.

and I received a PM from RF that it's so nice today out on the Cape that he's firing up the gas grill...

Edited by Logan for inappropriate content

O's Fan Rich
04-03-2003, 01:56 PM
I'M FREAKIN BLIND!!!!!:beatnik:

Ray Snyder
04-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Thats it I'm sticking to Texas BBQ.

CRUZTAKER
04-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks TAF, THANKS ALOT................this thread is shot, done, finished, and downright disgusting now. LML is sure to shut it down now.

Picture=funny Location=sucks :down:

After eating a variety of unheathy foods and drinking beer at 05:30 every morning, we could start a texas wild fire out here over the last week and a half!!!

O's Fan Rich
04-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Don't tell him maybe he won't notice!!!:rolleyes:

LincMercLover
04-03-2003, 02:16 PM
LMAO!

What was this thread about again?