PDA

View Full Version : Funny as a heart attack, Richie!!

O's Fan Rich
11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Well not really.
Just wanted to let you all know I'm a bit out of commission for awhile.
I had a heart attack on Saturday.
Seems a hunk'o goo decided to let loose from somewhere and jammed up the main arterie in my heart.
Sucks at age 43!!!
Things went excellent as far as treatment. But it'll be awhile until I'm back to "normal".
Lost about 1/3 of my output, but the Doc says that I' should be back to where I was ( about )in a year, if I'm a good boy.

I'm good. Just bumming.

Petrograde
11-16-2005, 03:48 PM
holy crap dude! I hope you don't have any more problems... I hate to say it, but all that really good food like burgers and steaks,.. it'll kill ya. Everything that's good in life usually does, it seems.

anything that's colored green is prob'ly ok. :puke:

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

ParkRanger
11-16-2005, 03:56 PM
:burnout:
Well not really.
Seems a hunk'o goo decided to let loose from somewhere and jammed up the main arterie in my heart.
Sucks at age 43!!!
Things went excellent as far as treatment. But it'll be awhile until I'm back to "normal".
Lost about 1/3 of my output, but the Doc says that I' should be back to where I was ( about )in a year, if I'm a good boy.

I'm good. Just bumming.

Richie:
Always remember - "Never let the medical bastards get you down!"
Start walking and give up the fat cigars.
Good luck dude.
PR :burnout:

MM03MOK
11-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh, my, Rich!! I wish you a quick and successful recovery....

jdando
11-16-2005, 04:40 PM
:eek:

Wow. I hope the short term damage was minor and the long term prognosis is good. Listen to you medical team and they will keep you Maraudering for many more years. Lucky your Dr. was in town, there were 30,000+ here this week.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/aha.jpg

jeremy

CRUZTAKER
11-16-2005, 04:40 PM
.... a hunk'o goo - jammed up the main artery in my heart.
Ewww.

Dude! That sucks. I was wondering where you have been.
Glad to hear you're ok.

Are you a smoker?

Mike Poore
11-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Well not really.
Sucks at age 43!!!

I'm good. Just bumming.

Hey Rich .....be careful for a few weeks, OK? Let 'em do a complete workup, and talk to some hot shot cardiologists and formulate a strategy to beat this. You're lucky, as many do not survive the first incident. Pay attenton to what you're being told, and make sure they know you understand what's being said. You're a survivor, something a large percentage don't get the chance at.

You're on our prayer list, and can count on us for whatever you need. Above all, don't feel sorry for yourself, you're one of the lucky ones, you lived through the first one. :up:

SergntMac
11-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Rich...Happy to see you're typing again so soon. Now, send me your phone number via SergntMac@aol.com and I'll call, keep you company while lying around like the bum you want to be. I'll call you names and mess with your head, you'll feel loved, I promise...

Haggis
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Rich buddy, Chris and I are shocked by the news. We will keep you in our prayers, if there is anything at all we can do, do not hesitate to ask. Now don't be giving Michelle a hard time and listen to her, she's not only the 'BOSS' she's your nurse.

Oh, check your cell you have a message.

Bigdogjim
11-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Rich: Just the plain fact that your able to post about it is a good thing:)

Let me know if you need anything?

All the best on recovery

ckadiddle
11-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey Rich, Don't Do That Again!! OK? Now get well.

Hack Goby
11-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Rich,Hope you have a full recovery.Were all behind you.

prchrman
11-17-2005, 04:26 AM
I am so sorry for your setback but am really glad you are still with us...praying for a quick recovery for you...listen to the doc, OK...God bless...willie

RoyLPita
11-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Rich, get well soon.

Bobby Clobber
11-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Rich,

Absolute bummer, but I'm glad everything is OK. I had a friend who also had problems when he was young, but didn't listen to the docs and had a setback. Don't let that happen to you.

By the way, it wasn't the news about Palmiro or Bonds rthat had anything to do with this was it ?:D

Bobby Clobber
11-17-2005, 06:58 AM
Oops I meant Sosa.:help:

Mike Poore
11-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Rich,
...By the way, it wasn't the news about Palmiro or Bonds rthat had anything to do with this was it ?:D

I was afraid to ask.;)

O's Fan Rich
11-17-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks everyone.
I have every intention of following orders.... otherwise no law suit!! :D
Seriously, I feel very fortunate and am thankful for the additional time.

As a famous cyborg once said " I'll be back."

:beer:

jgc61sr2002
11-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Rich - Praying for a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

bigslim
11-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

LordVader
11-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Rich, sorry to hear about your "delicate" condition. My better half had the same thing happen to her a little over two years ago. Like her, I am sure you'll be fine. Just stay away from the "Scrapple, cheesesteaks, and bacon".

O's Fan Rich
10-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Well...It happened again, 9 years 11 months later.... same calendar day.
Thank goodness my out of pocket was fulfilled for the year...

They ain't got me yet.

Ms. Denmark
10-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Are you kidding? So sorry to hear, Rich! You take care and do what you're told...;)

Bluerauder
10-16-2015, 01:19 PM

They ain't got me yet.

Was sorry to hear about this. Glad to know everything went well and that you are in the recovery mode. Get well soon ... And Quick !!

vkirkend
10-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Rich, glad to see you will recuperate. Hang in there!

Mr. Man
10-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Bummer dude. Try rooting for a winning baseball team and maybe your heart won't break so much. :D

Feel better. :)

Bobby Clobber
10-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Rich

My man, hope you're doing OK.

Can't believe it, you and my former boss ,he just suffered one on the weekend?..

Take care bud, I'm really quite upset by this.

We'll se you in April at Geckos .

All the best

Bob.

Joe Walsh
10-16-2015, 03:50 PM

They ain't got me yet.

JEEZ Rich!

Just because I owe you a few crabcakes doesn't mean you have to get THAT upset!

Hope all is well....you doing OK now?

They got you on blood thinners....etc.?

BTW: I consider BEER a blood thinner......:beer:

justbob
10-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Hang in their Bud!

Builder Of Badassery

Shornaday
10-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Rich

Take care and we all will be rooting for your speedy recovery. I would say listen to those doctors but then I would have to take my own advice... anyway were all rooting for you..

Steve

chief455
10-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Rich - lay low, post often. It's good for you ;)
Speedy recovery.....

jflave
10-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Yo rich take care of yourself & recover quickly.

Hotrauder
10-16-2015, 06:17 PM
YOU BIG DUMMY! I warned you to stop eating all that rabbit food. :cool: I am headed south tomorrow to kick your ass. I have to get a heads up from that ahole Clobber? What, you afraid I will be down to comfort my girlfriend Michelle? You bet! Hell I might even be able to take you today.:geezer:.
:bop:. answer my email or else! Love you. Me

O's Fan Rich
10-17-2015, 03:40 AM
YOU BIG DUMMY! I warned you to stop eating all that rabbit food. :cool: I am headed south tomorrow to kick your ass. I have to get a heads up from that ahole Clobber? What, you afraid I will be down to comfort my girlfriend Michelle? You bet! Hell I might even be able to take you today.:geezer:.
:bop:. answer my email or else! Love you. Me

Aye, Sir!

Bobby... help? I don't need this guy kicking my ass!

Joe, I'm good so far.

Marauderjack
10-17-2015, 05:35 AM
Glad you are better Rich........GOOD LUCK!!:beer::D