PDA

View Full Version : TerraClean EFI service

Stock03
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Just got SWMBO's Taurus back from its 50,000 km (30,000 mile) service. Included was something called Tera-Clean service for the fuel injectors, which she didn't ask for, and which, as far as I know, is not part of the regular 50K service.
I will be ripping the dealer a new one, but before I do, does anybody know anything about this high-profit exercise? I can't find much on the internet.
Thanks.
Stock

fastblackmerc
11-21-2005, 09:43 PM
IMHO... just another rip-off.....

Stock03
11-22-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm convinced that it's just another 'sounds good' money-maker for the dealer. I phoned them and they are going to refund the cost, no argument.

I think that, with Ford's reductions in warranty amounts, dealers are looking for ways to increase their revenues, and one way to do it is to make the Service Department more sales oriented, where these high-margin ripoffs are at the service counter and the service guys are under orders to promote them (especially to women). Probably works pretty well, except in this case my wife did NOT approve it.

Anyway, they are doing the right thing, but I'm still annoyed that this was done in the first place.

seans
11-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Yeah, how many people just pay the bill without questioning what it was or why it was done?

Petrograde
11-24-2005, 06:55 AM
It really pisses me off how dealerships/mechanics con women. I don't let my wife deal with these a-holes.