PDA

View Full Version : Another "One Year Ago Today" Post

Rick-n-Miami
11-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Yes my friends, another “One year ago today” post.

During the first week in November 2004, North Park Lincoln Mercury had a fantastic deal on new Marauders. After thinking about it for a good day or so (more like 3-4 minutes), I decided to go for it. I called the dealer and placed the order over the phone.

Fast forward a couple of weeks to one year ago today, the day before Thanksgiving, my Marauder was delivered to the local lot. At about 9:30 am, I was driving my new toy back home.

Over this past year, I’ve made many great friends with this car. I’ve never had a car before that has brought me such great luck and friendship. The online community and especially the local Sunshine State Marauder’s, have proven to be a truly great crowd and asset. To this point, I give many thanks!

Of course, the car has been phenomenal. It was exactly what I hoped for; a nice improvement over my 2002 Grand Marquis LSE, and certainly much more fun to modify. It wasn’t long before my warranty went west, and the Trilogy/Kooks/Nittos/etc. took hold.

I’ve never spent so much money, time and effort into modifying a car before the Marauder, but to me it’s been worth every penny. The car truly is, in my opinion, one of the best American cars made in its time.

So, here’s to Marauder’s and their enthusiastic owners! I for one am looking forward to many more exciting years to come!

Tallboy
11-23-2005, 06:38 AM
Great post, Rick! Hope to see you soon...:)

Cobra25
11-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Nice Post Rick! Have A Happy Thanksgiving, we all have alot to be thankful for.

Smokie
11-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Rick so very true, the good outweighs everything else. Thank you for sharing.

wsmylie
11-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Great post Rick....well said buddy.:D

RoyLPita
11-23-2005, 10:19 AM
May you have many more fun years behind the wheel.

SouLRioT
11-23-2005, 03:21 PM
The fun just doesnt stop. I'm glad to have met you Rick.

ctrcbob
11-23-2005, 05:45 PM
You are lucky you got it when you did. By February, FHP had purchased every one they could find, mostly in Florida, but some out of state. When I was looking, I saw an ad from the dealer in Tallahassee that he had two. When I phoned, they told me that they just sold both of them two weeks before to the FHP. :puke:

Bruce Wayne
11-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Hello marauder nuts! I am proud to say that I have had my "new" 03 Marauder for one week now, and the excitment just keeps getting better. I look fwd to driving it to work every a.m. and of course, at the end of the day ,it waits for the return trip . 30 miles of pure joy each way! When I checked on the car at lunch hour, there was 2" of snow on the ground, this made for an interesting ride home! I took it easy and all was o.k until I got behind a salt truck and had to follow this for about 10 miles. My nice shiny new baby is now covered in salt and all I want to do is cry! I wanted to get it oil sprayed and put away before this happened. ARRRGH!

ole69
11-23-2005, 06:12 PM
I've had my car 3 years since Oct 15, 02

Hey congrats to you and have a happy anniversary

jgc61sr2002
11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Bruce - Welcome aboard.:D :welcome: Enjoy your new ride.

JMan
11-24-2005, 03:37 AM
I’ve never spent so much money, time and effort into modifying a car before the Marauder, but to me it’s been worth every penny. The car truly is, in my opinion, one of the best American cars made in its time.

So, here’s to Marauder’s and their enthusiastic owners! I for one am looking forward to many more exciting years to come!

Amen and many "Happy Trails".

J

RoyLPita
11-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Welcome aboard, Bruce Wayne. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

ncmm
11-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Super post Rick! I know the feeling:D , had mine the same length of time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all