PDA

View Full Version : Bought an H1

Rider90
11-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I crack myself up. Sorry, Joe, next thread...;)

Sony Cyber-shot® DSC-H1 Digital Camera
http://www.photographyblog.com/images/products/sony_pma.jpg
http://www.loveyuki.com/attachments/month_0507/vsky_SONYDSCH1c.jpg
• 1/2.5" 5.1 Megapixel Super HAD™ CCD
Super HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCDs provide excellent image quality by allowing more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.
• 12X Optical/2X Digital/24X Total Zoom
Optical zoom helps you fill the frame with your subject for better pictures. And Sony’s Precision Digital Zoom helps bring your subject closer with an extra 2X magnification.
• 0 – 48X Smart Zoom™ Feature (at VGA Resolution)
The Smart Zoom feature intelligently uses the full CCD to let you zoom into the portion of interest by cropping the image size–thus avoiding the image degradation of Digital Zooms.
• Super SteadyShot® Optical Image Stabilization
Super SteadyShot® Optical Image Stabilization fights motion blur, even during longer exposures at full zoom.
• Real Imaging Processor™ Technology
The innovative Real Imaging Processor in the DSC-H1 not only improves picture quality and clarity but also improves camera response time, decreases shutter lag and improves battery stamina.
• 2.5" LCD Monitor1
The 2.5" 115K LCD Monitor1 makes framing shots and reviewing pictures easy.
• Live Histogram Display
Available in capture and playback the Live Histogram Displays the concentration of pixels at each luminosity value making it easy to evaluate correct exposure.
• 14-Bit DXP A/D Conversion
Sony’s 14-bit Digital EXtended Processor captures the range between highlight and shadow with up to 16,384 values, for extended dynamic contrast and detail.
• 3 Area Multi-Point Auto Focus
By evaluating 3 separate focus areas of the frame, Sony’s Multi-Point AF system can intelligently focus on the subject and avoid mistakenly focusing on the background.
• Manual Exposure Mode
Manual Exposure Mode provides extended control with 46-step adjustable Shutter speed (30 – 1/1000 sec.), and Aperture control (F2.8 – F8.0).
• AF (Auto Focus) Illuminator
Briefly illuminating the subject, in low–or no-light conditions, the AF Illuminator helps establish a positive focus lock.
• Selectable Focus Mode
Monitoring AF (Auto Focus) helps you anticipate the action by focusing even before you press the shutter release.
• Multi-Pattern Measuring
Independently light-metering 49 points of the frame, Multi-Pattern Measuring establishes the optimum exposure, even when highlight and shadow isn’t centered in the frame.
• Scene Selection Mode
With 7 Scene Modes, parameters can be matched to the shooting conditions. Choose from one of the following: Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Portrait, Landscape, Beach, High-speed shutter and Candle.
• Pre-Flash Metering
With a momentary pre-flash, the camera illuminates the subject and sets exposure through the lens for accurate flash metering. Adjustable flash level and red-eye reduction ensure great flash shots.
• Slow Shutter Noise Reduction
During long exposures, Slow Shutter NR captures the scene, and then the CCD noise pattern with a dark frame exposure. By subtracting the two, even long exposures can be clear.
• Memory Stick® Media and Memory Stick PRO™ Media
Digital. Powerful. Transportable.™ Memory Stick® media is compact, portable and rugged—connecting a variety of hardware and software applications.
• 32 MB Internal Memory Included2
Shoot without a flash memory card with 32 MB internal memory2; Slot for optional Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™ media. Full 32 MB of internal memory can be copied to optional Memory Stick® media.
• 9 Shot Burst Mode
Capture up to 9 5MP shots (fine) or 100 shots VGA (standard) at 0.7 frame/sec. Perfect for high speed subjects or fast moving action such as sports or small children.
• Multi-Burst Mode
Captures 16 320 x 240 frames as part of a single 1280 x 960 image which plays back sequentially in the camera. Selectable 1/7.5, 1/15, 1/30 second.
• MPEG Movie VX Standard/Fine Mode with Audio
Captures VGA (640 x 480) high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second) audio/video clips with length limited only by the capacity of the media. Video mail mode captures smaller file sizes suitable for email.
• Conversion Lens Compatible
You can add tele-photo or wide-angle conversion lenses for greater magnification or wider field of view, as well as protective and special effect filters.
-----------------
Plus a 2GB Memory stick :bows: I had to dip into the detailing fund for this one. I broke my CD-Mavica a month ago, don't ask, but a replacement was in order. Stay tuned for pictures of the black on black E500 coming in for detailing next week. This camera is incredible.

Petrograde
11-23-2005, 04:30 PM
ooooooooo..... shiney!

94_302
11-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I was immediatley thinking of a Hummer. H1 is one of my favorite vehicles. So when can we expect some pics of the Marauder with that? :D

Logan
11-23-2005, 05:20 PM
I REALLY thought about picking up a H1... BUT, I opted to step it up a notch and move to SLR...

I ended up getting a 8 megapixel Canon Digital Rebel XT. I've got the 17-85mm Auto-focus, image stablizer lense and have a 300mm lense on the way... The options for the thing are insane...

Plus, I can sit there and take pretty much unlimited high-speed photos in quick succession...

I've got a Sony DSC-T1 which rides with my laptop everywhere, just in case I need to snap a quick photo, the ghetto 5mp slim camera is good for that ****zle....

SergntMac
11-23-2005, 05:22 PM
OMG, you PRICK!

Damnit!

Just when I had my Xmas budget under control...

I could learn to hate you, Jason.

10...Okay...Anyone looking for a sweet deal on a Sony DSC 707 Cybershot with a LOT of accessories, and under 500 bucks, drop me a line at SergntMac@aol.com.

I have to move this wonderful camera before I invest more.

Logan
11-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah, heaven help you if you start looking into Digital SLR's... There's all SORTS of cool crap you can do with them...

It's taking everything I have to hold back from buying that 1200mm Telephoto... Nothing quite like take a picture of some dude's nose hairs from 600ft... :)

CRUZTAKER
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
ooooooooo..... shiney!

It's .... cute.:P

CRUZTAKER
11-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, heaven help you if you start looking into Digital SLR's... There's all SORTS of cool crap you can do with them..... :)

Exactly.

Do it right the first time around.

Nikon D70.:cool:

martyo
11-23-2005, 07:50 PM
It's taking everything I have to hold back from buying that 1200mm Telephoto... Nothing quite like take a picture of some dude's nose hairs from 600ft... :)

Ummmm....uhhhhhh......Logan... ...uhhhhh......never mind...... :alone:

CRUZTAKER
11-23-2005, 08:52 PM
It's taking everything I have to hold back from buying that 1200mm Telephoto...

Uhhh...that lense will run you faaaarrr more than a supercharger.:depress:
There are ways to stack lenses and use doublers...but all glass is major $$$.

Talk to Steve (TTA) before you make that move.

Here's what I use:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/7/n-28300.jpg

Here's my wet dream: (...and it's only 200-500 at a mere $2200)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/7/n-200500.jpg

CRUZTAKER
11-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Ummmm....uhhhhhh......Logan... ...uhhhhh......never mind...... :alone:

Hey Marty...if you ever take an interest in Cameras...and like spring for D100 and a bag of Tamron lenses...and need someome to use it for you since its's a little complicated....

PICK ME, PICK ME! :P

Marauder2005
11-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Rider, return that camera, and keep your damn MM at once! :D