PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Camaro

Directedby
11-23-2005, 11:06 PM
In theChallenger threadsomeoneaskedabout pics of the new Camaro-didn't want to hijack that thread so started this one.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1029/385/1600/2007%20Camaro1.jpg

http://members.glis.net/griebe/images/2007%20Camero/2007%20Cameo%20Front.jpg

http://img103.exs.cx/img103/2864/2007CameoBack.jpg

Skiordie53
11-23-2005, 11:31 PM
when they come out with the drop top model, sign me up for one.

StevenJ
11-23-2005, 11:46 PM
This is probably the millionth time this has been said; this was never an official GM concept. This was a concept made by a high school graduate as his idea for what a Camaro could be. This was and never will be an offical GM concept car.

SergntMac
11-24-2005, 03:35 AM
If Chrysler and Chevrolet are going to make me re-live the late '60s, I want the "free love" and low gasoline prices too.

OTOH...Maybe this is exactly why someone can say "no way, dude" to these retro cars. Neither women, nor BP, will give it up for free again.

grampaws
11-24-2005, 05:15 AM
I guess the designers can't come up with something
new that looks good??!!:P

Mike Poore
11-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Neither women, nor BP, will give it up for free again.

Hell, Mac, at my age, what am I gonna do about it anyway? ;)

That's a nice drawing, and a very pretty car; but with GM's financial woes, does anyone realistically believe they've got the R & D resources to bring a car like that to market? In the case of Ford's Mustang and Chrysler's whatever Hemi's, they, at least have a starting platform with much of the tooling in place. Except for an ancient push-rod engine, GM's got to start from zero to make what we've traditionally thought of as a rear wheel drive Camaro. I suppose they could re-badge one of their front wheel drivers, or go to Australia and try something with their wildly successful Poncho GTO, but if we're looking for something along the lines of that fanciful rendition, I'd say "fat chance".

Petrograde
11-24-2005, 05:59 AM
maybe if GM produced ^^^that^^^ Camaro, people would actually start buying their cars again.

Great looking concept! Remember the Charger concept from '99? It doesn't look like the production vehicle at all. :(

Blackened300a
11-24-2005, 07:35 AM
I remember reading in all the car magazines that when the F-Body was killed off, Chevy was going to bring another Australian model to the US with the same RWD LS-1 engine as the GTO just a little bigger, and that was to be the New Monte Carlo SS. This was to fill the void of Chevys affordable Muscle Car. However, I think Nascar put the idea to rest and being that Chevy is in such turmoil, Losing Nascar would be the final nail in the coffin.
I doubt any new radical designs will be showing up anytime soon since the SSR Flopped and the HHR isnt anything more then a PT cruiser with a bowtie

CRUZTAKER
11-24-2005, 08:56 AM
If Chrysler and Chevrolet are going to make me re-live the late '60s, I want the "free love" and low gasoline prices too.....

Oh hell...while we're on a roll...let's bring back personal consumption laws and and presidents that don't start wars.:rasta:

Donny Carlson
11-24-2005, 12:12 PM
GM will unveil it then, so the concept must be out there somewhere or getting the final touches. It'll be there to compete with the Challenger.

What I read was the "concept" will be called an '07 Camaro, but production won't start until the '09 model year.