PDA

View Full Version : What does the NHRA Rules say about...

Donny Carlson
11-24-2005, 01:28 PM
convertibles with hard tops, like the SSR, Thunderbird, XLR and such. If they are run with hard shell tops, do they need roll bars like the rag top vesions do under 14 sec ET?

I'l like to wade in a due a little runnin myself. Heck, if Big Yellar can do it, it has to be fun.

Smokie
11-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Donny, it is great fun, do it. Run like the wind and let the track people tell you what is ok or not ok.:D

Wagonmaster
11-24-2005, 11:32 PM
As long as your removable hardtop is intact during your run, you do not need a rollbar.

convertibles with hard tops, like the SSR, Thunderbird, XLR and such. If they are run with hard shell tops, do they need roll bars like the rag top vesions do under 14 sec ET?

I'l like to wade in a due a little runnin myself. Heck, if Big Yellar can do it, it has to be fun.

Shankin
11-25-2005, 06:10 AM
We can get you a cage put in it!

BillyGman
11-25-2005, 06:53 AM
As long as your removable hardtop is intact during your run, you do not need a rollbar.While we're on the subject, what about the rollbar rule itself???......I know that it states that you need one if you run under 11.50 seconds, but does it say "rollBAR" or "rollCAGE" ??? Because if it says "RollBAR" then you don't need a "cage" (atleast not until your car get's below 10 seconds)....right???