PDA

View Full Version : Getting ants out

DeepSea117
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
What's the best way to deter ants from hanging around my door jambs? I don't have anything tasty in the car, so I don't know what else to do, except blast them with some compressed air at the gas station.

Any suggestions or solutions?

shakes_26
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
you might try soem Boraxo in the carpets, probably where they are living. They hate the stuff cause of the Boric acid in it, just sprinkle it about. let it sit for a day or so, then vacuum it up.

I ahd a case of ants in my 86GT, they had soemhow got onto the car cover I used and when I took it off and stowed it in the hatch area.....

Smokie
11-30-2005, 07:05 PM
What's the best way to deter ants from hanging around my door jambs? I don't have anything tasty in the car, so I don't know what else to do, except blast them with some compressed air at the gas station.

Do you park it near or under a tree?

I sometimes get sugar ants in my truck when I park it under a tree in my driveway.

fastblackmerc
11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Spray ant killer around the car when you park it. When I lived in Fla. I had an ant nest in my '79 T-bird, had to gut the interior to get rid of them.

DeepSea117
11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Do you park it near or under a tree?

I sometimes get sugar ants in my truck when I park it under a tree in my driveway.

No tree nearby...bushes though. Jeez I hope this things aren't under the carpet. I'd like to do a burnout on the queen ant hehehe

MENINBLK
11-30-2005, 08:01 PM
RAID MAX Ant Bait Traps.

I had an ant problem in my kitchen.
They crawled up the outside wall, and through a hole in the window frame
into my kitchen.
I put out one of these bait traps and in 24 hours the ants were gone.
Never saw another ant for 8 years now...

Haggis
12-02-2005, 08:31 AM
RAID MAX Aunt Bait Traps.

I had an aunt problem in my kitchen.
They crawled through the window into my kitchen.
I put out one of these bait traps and in 24 hours the aunts were gone.
Never saw another aunt for 8 years now...
Good way of dealing with unwanted relatives. :up:

:lol:

ParkRanger
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM

Hire an aardvark. :eek:

PR :burnout:

DeepSea117
12-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Hire an aardvark. :eek:

I thought about that--seriously!

I read about these non-native weed, which killed every other plant around it, as well as becoming a fire hazard. The county rented out goats which went around the area, and ate all the weeds.

There must be some out-of-work aardvarks out there:

http://www.armory.com/%7Esaiyajin/aa01.jpg

ParkRanger
12-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I thought about that--seriously!

I read about these non-native weed, which killed every other plant around it, as well as becoming a fire hazard. The county rented out goats which went around the area, and ate all the weeds.

There must be some out-of-work aardvarks out there:

http://www.armory.com/%7Esaiyajin/aa01.jpg

DS117:

Try to find their nests by working backwards on their trails if you can. Spray the sh_t out of them each day. Ya got to work on it three times a day if possible - every time you see an ant kill the bast_rd. Eventually they will get the idea but you have to stay on them EVERY day. Also, throw a bottle of honey across your neighbors fence.

Good luck dude. :beer: