PDA

View Full Version : Paint that heals scratches

dwasson
12-02-2005, 06:16 PM

Scratches no match for Nissan's new car paint

Nissan Motor said Friday it had created a paint that repairs scratches on its own, restoring a car's surface to normal within a week.

The Japanese automaker said the paint contains a newly developed resin that can stop scratches from marking the car's outer layer.

Wear and tear due to everything from fingernails to roadside objects will disappear in one day to one week depending on the temperature and the seriousness of the scratch, Nissan said in a statement.

The "Scratch Guard Coat" paint, which protects for three years, will debut on a sports-utility vehicle which is set for a makeover, Nissan said.

The paint also helps prevent scratches in the first place. Nissan said a vehicle with the paint suffers only one-fifth of the usual abrasions caused by car-washing machines -- the main culprit for scratches.

spiders
12-02-2005, 06:51 PM
surprised it took this long, and dissapointed it wasn't US to come out with such an idea

Hotrauder
12-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Almost makes me wish I had a paint problem.:)

spiders
12-02-2005, 07:06 PM
it'll likely be a few years before it's readily avilable in the US...

Rider90
12-02-2005, 07:07 PM
I think that may tempt the vandals even more :(

spiders
12-02-2005, 07:08 PM
so leave my dog tethered to it, and you won't even need to feed it! heh heh

dwasson
12-02-2005, 07:21 PM
surprised it took this long, and dissapointed it wasn't US to come out with such an idea

It was probably invented in the US and the auto companies decided that we didn't need it.

spiders
12-02-2005, 07:27 PM
sadly true...
what a world, hua?

Bruce Wayne
12-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, but it's still a nissan?what the hell is a nissan?

spiders
12-02-2005, 08:38 PM
you know, those little funny looking things that sound like wind up toys and usually manage to skid off the road in a tsp of rain/snow... usually playing loud music to hide their inability to actually DRIVE

Bruce Wayne
12-02-2005, 08:43 PM
I think I've seen a few of them around, may have sucked a couple up my exhaust pipes once or twice

Donny Carlson
12-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I think I've seen a few of them around, may have sucked a couple up my exhaust pipes once or twice

Coming to our shores in '07, the GTR

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/1044-4.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/FCx(this.href);)

450 HP. If you aren't supercharged, all you'll see is it's tail lights.

spiders
12-02-2005, 09:25 PM
but how many of these will actually be out there is the question?

67435animal
12-03-2005, 03:07 AM

Scratches no match for Nissan's new car paint

Nissan Motor said Friday it had created a paint that repairs scratches on its own, restoring a car's surface to normal within a week.

The Japanese automaker said the paint contains a newly developed resin that can stop scratches from marking the car's outer layer.

Wear and tear due to everything from fingernails to roadside objects will disappear in one day to one week depending on the temperature and the seriousness of the scratch, Nissan said in a statement.

The "Scratch Guard Coat" paint, which protects for three years, will debut on a sports-utility vehicle which is set for a makeover, Nissan said.

The paint also helps prevent scratches in the first place. Nissan said a vehicle with the paint suffers only one-fifth of the usual abrasions caused by car-washing machines -- the main culprit for scratches.

Let's see the proof once we see one of these ricer paint jobs.

Bowman9
12-03-2005, 02:00 PM
If it reacts to heat wouldn't the paint drip of the car on really hot days?

You park your brand new black car in the Texas august sun only to return and find a black puddle on the ground.

Bruce Wayne
12-03-2005, 02:10 PM
kinda weird lookin' I think, maybe a jap copy of an Austin Martin