PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Moments

spiders
12-03-2005, 08:49 AM
:eek: Here in VA the police can use confiscated cars for routine ticketing... making it more difficult to recognize them as your cruzing...
Unfortunately it can also lead to experiences like mine. I was making my way out rte 17 (which is a nice minor highway like road) when this VW BUG pulled out and blue flashing lights appeared... :shake:
I moved to the shoulder and said almost nothing as the nice state officer wrote out a ticket for speeding...
Now, can you imagine the embarrassment felt with all those other cars rolling past, to be pulled over by a bug?? One of the rods I'd been playing with in traffic cruised over an hour or so later and laughed at a light...
:mad2:
He wasn't laughing when the light turned green though!! :D

Joe Walsh
12-03-2005, 09:03 AM
OUCH! How much did that cost? Any points??

Look at the bright side.....at least it wasn't a YUGO!:eek:

If you are coming up to the December CAM meet in White Marsh, Md. BE CAREFUL of the Baltimore Toll Police
(their jurisdiction is about 4 miles north and south of the Baltimore Tunnels on I-95 & I-895).

They drive Yukons ,Tahoes, Explorers, MUSTANGS AND CAMAROS!

I almost got baited into running a red, late model Mustang, that turned out to be the Toll Police...
Luckily my buddy, who drives the tunnels every day for his job, had warned me of a Red Mustang that they drove. WHEW!

spiders
12-03-2005, 09:09 AM
thanks, I'll keep my eyes open...
When I drove the TA, they had one on the local state force, he baited me in traffic every chance he got... I finally pulled him over near 95 and told him that everyone in the area knew he was a cop. He started driving a vet after that, guess it hit home that we can actually catch on eventually! Not to mention TA drivers are nearly as tight a community as MM drivers, so we already knew they'd taken one guy's car in alexandria and reconized the mods when it was cruising manassas...