PDA

View Full Version : car is whole again

Wags
04-03-2003, 05:53 AM
Well, I swapped out the winter wheels yesterday. I bet it snows this weekend. I forgot how well the car handles with regular tires on it. It really makes a difference. Now I can zoom-zoom again. :D

mensrea
04-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Hey Wags, now that we both have our cars back, let's hook up! Haven't seen you in a while

mtnh
04-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Wags,

did you use the standard (original on MM) lug nuts on your winter wheels? I did, and found quite a bit of corrosion in the contact area when I removed those wheels. I had to use the wire wheel in order to knock down the powdery corrosion. I was also shocked at how ugly the winter made the calipers look. There was lots of corrosion there, hiding behind the nearly solid curtain that the steel wheels created. On the good side, the car handles and looks great once again.

Wags
04-03-2003, 08:55 AM
mtnh,

Yea, the front calipers were really nasty looking. It's raining here today, so hopefully it will clean them off some. My nuts weren't so bad, (at least that's what the wife says), just very minor corrosion. I can't believe the diff in how the car handles with the other tires.

CRUZTAKER
04-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Hey guys, for about a buck a piece, I bought 20 steel short shank acorn nuts at the local parts store. I store the stock ones in a baggie over the winter.