PDA

View Full Version : My Heart is Broken

Pat
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes, unfortunately, my heart has broke down and needs repair.

I've had minor chest pains over the last six months that I mistook for acid reflux, but last week the ticker signaled me that it's not indigestion.

So off to the doc's for tests, treadmills, nuclear tracing, X-rays and blood work. Today the Cardio man spoke that dreaded word, "BLOCKAGES".

I'm set up for Monday to get a roto router job (stints) and if that does'nt get
'em all then it's surgery.

My wife, yea, the one with the lead foot, is very distrurbed and upset. Sometimes we men forget just how much they care for us and can't stand the thought of living without us.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Pat

rayjay
12-07-2005, 07:37 PM
One of my best friends had quintuple bypass surgey this time last year. He was back to work in six weeks and doing great. Best wishes for a good diagnoses and speedy recovery. Prayers enroute.

RoyLPita
12-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I hope that you have a very swift recovery. Get well. I'll be praying for you.

Rider90
12-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Pat, you should be alright. I know a few people that have had this done and this is fairly routine in this country, but take care of yourself from now on man.

Wishin for the best!

Seneca
You will be in our prayers :)

gkf100
Best Wishes and a Quick Recovery and most important Prayers on the way.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

MM03MOK
12-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Pat - you're both in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for a successful procedure and a full recovery!!

ghost03
12-07-2005, 08:07 PM
One of my good friends is now recovering from his second quadrupal bypass surgery....Im sure everything will work out for the best. Hope you have a speedy recovery and take care of yourself.

ckadiddle
12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Good luck, Pat. My wife has a couple stents. It's a fairly miraculous procedure, and it beats having open heart bypass surgery by a longshot. You will be in our prayers. Just think of this as the first "Pat Mod". ;)

snowbird
12-07-2005, 08:42 PM
It is not minor but it is well known by the surgeons ==> routine.

You'll pass this test of life and be back on your feet faster than your wife would hope for. Good luck from the collective and best wishes.

Mike Poore
12-08-2005, 06:56 AM
You're in our prayers, young fella, the stints work wonders, and maybe you won't be joining the zipper club. ;)

LordVader
12-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Pat,

You will be in our prayers for a quick and safe recovery. My better half had a similar problem a few years back and she's fine now. Her diagnosis was a little like yours..acid reflux, chest pains, acid reflux..finally just chest pains.

Bluerauder
12-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a successful by-pass procedure and a speedy recovery. :up:

spiders
12-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Our best wishes and prayers to you. We look forward to hearing you back soon with far too much time to harass one and all during recovery! And an excellent prognosis to boot...

juno
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Best wishes PAT, you'll be back like a new model in '06!!

TRP460
12-08-2005, 01:25 PM

I've had minor chest pains over the last six months that I mistook for acid reflux, but last week the ticker signaled me that it's not indigestion.

So off to the doc's for tests, treadmills, nuclear tracing, X-rays and blood work. Today the Cardio man spoke that dreaded word, "BLOCKAGES".

I'm set up for Monday to get a roto router job (stints) and if that does'nt get
'em all then it's surgery.

My wife, yea, the one with the lead foot, is very distrurbed and upset. Sometimes we men forget just how much they care for us and can't stand the thought of living without us.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Pat
Pat, I know exactly what you're going through right now.......you just described what I went through 13 months ago! I had two stints inserted to cover three blockages (2 were 75% blocked and 1 was 95% blocked) and I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised as to the immediate effect that the stints will do for you. Before I even left the operating room, I noticed how much easier it was to breathe and my wife commented that I had "color" in my face again!

My cardiologist told me that, had this occured to me just 5 years ago, I would have been looking at open-heart surgery! He also said that the stint technology was advancing so rapidly that, in another 5 years, open-heart surgery for blockages would be a "thing of the past".

For me, the hard part was the life-style changes afterward. I had to quit smoking (after 30+ years), start eating healthier (after 30+ years of near-daily fast-food restaurants), and start exercising at least every other day (after virtually none since I was 25). It's just about the only way that you can actually reverse the "blood-mud" manufacturing process, along with the meds!

I can tell that you're dreading this and, I hope sharing my personal experience helps you a bit.......hang in there! You're gonna be okay!
:)

jgc61sr2002
12-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Pat - Wishing you the best.

Rider90
12-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I hope all goes well for you tomorow, Pat.

Marauder2005
12-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Good luck, I hope everything works out great!

the_pack_rat
12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

O's Fan Rich
12-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Hey, Pat.
I'm right there with you!!

Pat
12-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Goood Evening MM.Net members,

I am pleased to report that Pat's triple bypass surgery was without complication. He is now resting in the ICU ward, and the doctor's are all saying "Full Recovery".

He will be in the hospital for another week, and then home for continued recovery and rehabilitation. He is weak, but in good spirits. I know he is missing this community and we all thank you immensely for your thoughts and prayers.

I suspect he is sign back in the minute he is able.

Sincerely,
His Son

Smokie
12-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the good news, tell Pat to hurry back.

jgc61sr2002
12-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the update.:D Glad all went well.

CBT
12-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Here's wishing a full and speedy recovery.

Bradley G
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Take good care of Dad.
Best of wishes for a complete recovery.
Goood Evening MM.Net members,

I am pleased to report that Pat's triple bypass surgery was without complication. He is now resting in the ICU ward, and the doctor's are all saying "Full Recovery".

He will be in the hospital for another week, and then home for continued recovery and rehabilitation. He is weak, but in good spirits. I know he is missing this community and we all thank you immensely for your thoughts and prayers.

I suspect he is sign back in the minute he is able.

Sincerely,
His Son

cruzer
12-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Young man,thanks for the fast update--we all appreciate it--how about a name? Ginny and I wish your Dad a fast and easy recovery--make him do what the Doctor says--us "old folks" have a way of talking ourselves out of doing what is best for us. My youngest daughter is the ultra-sound tech for 4 Cardio-vascular surgeons--she says for you to take as much stress off of Dad as you can and take good care of Mom while Dad is "puny". Very quickly he will be back in the driver's seat, a lot healthier and happier than he has been in a few years. Again, Best Wishes to your Dad for a speedy recovery and a Thank You for being a great Son, Maury

O's Fan Rich
12-17-2005, 08:11 AM
That's good news.
All the best to all of you.

ckadiddle
12-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Great news!! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Rider90
12-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Glad to hear the most excellent news!