PDA

View Full Version : We had a visitor today at the shop: Ford GT

TAF
12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
I can't believe he went with Flowmasters....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/GT4.JPG

67435animal
12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Pretty neat little car!

twolow
12-09-2005, 02:11 PM
To do ANYTHING to such a limited run addition car is insane.

merc
12-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Flow who ? oh, that must be yetish for Maganaflow.:depress:

Blackened300a
12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
To do ANYTHING to such a limited run addition car is insane.

Im with you!

Oh Wait, Im modding a limited run Marauder! I guess Im in the same boat with putting flowmasters on a GT

Hotrauder
12-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Hard to believe. Todd, did you get a test drive for effects? So far 2 out of 3 Marauders, that we know of; have beaten a GT in the 1325.....so the GT must be a pretty fast car, huh? Almost as fast as the MM. :) Dennis:beer:

twolow
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Im with you!

Oh Wait, Im modding a limited run Marauder! I guess Im in the same boat with putting flowmasters on a GT

Our sedans are not in the same book of historic automobiles as the GT. Not even in the same book store!

Crown Vic ---> Grand Marquis ---> Marauder (Fancy Crown Vic = mods acceptable)

Mustang ---> Mustang GT ---> Mustang Cobra SVT (Fancy Mustang = mods acceptable)

Ford GT ---> Heaven itself (modify Heaven?)

martyo
12-09-2005, 04:13 PM
I can't believe he went with Flowmasters....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/3/GT4.JPG

I am not impressed. That car cost less than my Marauder.

Mike Poore
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I guess you were extra careful ....putt'in 'er up on the lift, huh? ;)

SergntMac
12-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Nevermind...

Just joking.

mtnh
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I guess this says a lot about Todd's shop's reputation! I'd make a poster out of that shot to hang inside the shop.

TAF
12-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I guess this says a lot about Todd's shop's reputation! I'd make a poster out of that shot to hang inside the shop.

Thanks...and we do enjoy an impeccable reputation, started by the legend himself, Buster Smith who started Grand back in 1981.....

but...I was just joking about the Flowmasters. The owner needed a fitting for another vehicle. It was the first time I ever had the opportunity to go through a GT, top to bottom...and as Terry Hatcher exclaimed in that famous last line from the Seinfeld episode...it is "spectacular"....

Mike Poore
12-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks...and we do enjoy an impeccable reputation, started by the legend himself, Buster Smith who started Grand back in 1981.....

but...I was just joking about the Flowmasters. The owner needed a fitting for another vehicle. ....

Jeez, Tod, just think, the owner has to use the GT to chase parts. He must have some great "good" cars he doesn't want to get dirty.

martyo
12-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Nevermind...

Just joking.

Deleted posts are no fun.

SergntMac
12-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Deleted posts are no fun. No deleted posts here, dude, just a little "tune up" from a change in facts.

Once TAF came back to clarify that he did not mean to imply that the Ford GT owner bought Flowmaster mufflers for his GT in his opening post, it all got squared away.

This GT was "just on the premises", and not brought in for mods, or, repair. The Flowmasters went on another car, if i get it right now...What ever.

My modified post said formerly said "Flowmasters...Just because you have enough money to buy a Ford GT doesn't mean you are smart." I also missphelled Ford as Frod, but you missed that edit, yes?

Questions?

TAF
12-09-2005, 08:32 PM
No questions here...

It was fun to have this red monster at the shop...and going to be even more fun when the owner brings back his 500+ci Fairlane with a blower for an exhaust.....

Jeez, Tod, just think, the owner has to use the GT to chase parts. He must have some great "good" cars he doesn't want to get dirty.

That's funny Mike^^^ I said the same thing to the owner..."Must be nice to chase parts in this." Albeit cold...it was a glorious, sunshine day in the A-T-L...and he said the GT ran like crazy in the cool air...then he got it sideways for about 200ft as he left for me while I watched. He was actually a really friendly guy...and yes...he knew exactly where to come.

Marauderjack
12-10-2005, 03:28 AM
I just learned that our local dealer has three of them and one is for sale while the other two will be kept by him and his son!!:beer:

Have not confirmed it but I was told that the one he is selling is priced at $169,000......Not that it matters to me??:argue: :confused:

Marauderjack:rolleyes:

merc6
12-10-2005, 04:37 AM
black one here on the lot near me. Floating stantions around it and "do not touch!" signs. Must be nice to afford those cars, gas, and insurance. Was this one of the gas guzzlers taxed cars?