PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Sky

Donny Carlson
12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Over on the dark side, they've posted up that Saturn will start accepting orders for the Sky on January 3. Each dealer will get a car for show only, then the ordered units, then inventory units. I'm betting these will sell as well if not better than Solstice. I like the look of the Sky better. C'mon supercharged or turbo version, these are gonna kick the crap out of Mazda.

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroom/future_vehicles/SKY_scenic2.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1487/saturn0sz.jpg

Hotrauder
12-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I know nothing about them but assume that they are the Solstice with some body cladding and a Saturn badge. I can't imagine that anyone would equate Saturn with performance. And who the heck would pay sticker for a car? Just wondering. Dennis:beer: And yes, I like the look better than the Pontiac

dok
12-09-2005, 08:21 PM
They had one on display at the Charlotte auto show a couple weeks ago. It really looked sharp. The MSRP is about $25k. This is fully loaded unlike the Solstice which is pretty stripped. Comparibly equipped, they are about the same price.

The Sky will be offered with a supercharger near the end of next year. May have to look at it as a replacement for my Mustang.

ctrcbob
12-09-2005, 08:25 PM
.....:puke:.....

merc6
12-10-2005, 04:41 AM
I like the Mazdaspeed Miata better. Even if it is "buckus tooficus". I originaly wanted a miata to throw a U2 ubercharger (http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=5631&parentid=0&stocknumber=03-02700%20%20STAMPED)on but my roomate has one and when I got deployed and the 6 was parked in storage he had issues with the trunk(or lack of when shopping) Thats when I started looking at everythhing else and ended up going head to head against the MM and 96 ss. Both in black and next to each other.

Petrograde
12-10-2005, 07:00 AM
umm,... but it's a Saturn.

twolow
12-10-2005, 08:14 AM
I can't imagine that anyone would equate Saturn with performance.

Same could have been said for Mercury a year or two ago ;)

Petrograde
12-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Same could have been said for Mercury a year or two ago ;)

I'm not sure about that.

Granted, in the past decade or so they haven't had the best performance reputation,.. think back to the 50's,..

...also,.. the V8 Cougars were no slouches.

twolow
12-10-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure about that.

Granted, in the past decade or so they haven't had the best performance reputation,.. think back to the 50's,..

...also,.. the V8 Cougars were no slouches.

Whatever they did before I was born does not count :P

Thats like saying I'm gonna buy a Zenith TV because they were great American built products 50 years ago ;)

SouLRioT
12-10-2005, 02:14 PM
My father will be getting one of these, he's going to give 1K to get on the list, wich is part of his down payment, and he still gets to order it they way he wants.

Petrograde
12-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Whatever they did before I was born does not count :P

Thats like saying I'm gonna buy a Zenith TV because they were great American built products 50 years ago ;)

well,.. when you put it like that,.. I realize you have a pretty damn good point. :P