PDA

View Full Version : Richard Pryor died today

MarauderMark
12-10-2005, 05:13 PM
What a shame .. One of the greatest comedian ever.A true legend.

Actor-Comedian Dies at 65 of Heart Attack
'He Did Not Suffer, He Went Quickly,' Pryor's Wife Says
By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ, AP

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 10) - Richard Pryor, the groundbreaking comedian whose profanely personal insights into race relations and modern life made him one of Hollywood's biggest stars, died of a heart attack Saturday. He was 65.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/entertainment/article.adp?id=200512101624099 90003&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Rider90
12-10-2005, 05:14 PM
I thought he died years and years ago...Wow...

bigslim
12-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Some folks are too young to remember his controversial humor. He along with Redd Foxx, Slappy White, Moms Mabley and Lenny Bruce changed the times for "standup" comedians. I still remember him standing in the nude on his TV show saying that the man took everything from him. This is a big loss in the entertainment field. May he rest in peace.

SergntMac
12-10-2005, 05:26 PM
One of the funniest men in show business, his routines never grow old.

merc
12-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I thought he died years and years ago...Wow...

I thought the same thing, but that was his career. Richard Pryor's use of the N word, and his story telling similar to Bill Cosby brought him fame and fortune. In the mid 70's his jokes were the talk of the town. His life has been more then interesting, but never complete. His jokes directly reflected his life style and pain. You will be missed Richard.

Hotrauder
12-10-2005, 05:50 PM
All of his routines were fabulous and perhaps the funniest was his story of RumpleStilskin. I imagine that someone smarter than I could find that somewhere on the net. He was a great talent and a tormented man. He often refered to his later life as "after I burnt up."

DEFYANT
12-10-2005, 06:08 PM
I liked his movies with Gene Wilder. Classics!!

DefyantExWife
12-10-2005, 06:22 PM
That poor guy, first the M.S....

I thought the same thing as Defyant... Richard Pryor with Gene Wilder was a kick=ass combination, but now that my other half said that i suppose it would be lame to say the same.

Smokie
12-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Richard Pryor in my opinion is/was one of the funniest man to ever live, he brought me great enjoyment and laughter, never quite understood why he felt the need to be so profane, he was funny just saying hello. May he rest in peace.

Petrograde
12-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Some folks are too young to remember his controversial humor. He along with Redd Foxx, Slappy White, Moms Mabley and Lenny Bruce changed the times for "standup" comedians..
Don't forget George Carlin. :rofl:

This is a big loss in the entertainment field. May he rest in peace.
Amen.

My favorite movie of his was Greased Lightning (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076106/) Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Donny Carlson
12-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Some folks are too young to remember his controversial humor. He along with Redd Foxx, Slappy White, Moms Mabley and Lenny Bruce changed the times for "standup" comedians. I still remember him standing in the nude on his TV show saying that the man took everything from him. This is a big loss in the entertainment field. May he rest in peace.

Richard was just too hot for the networks back then.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/15/31/46m.jpg

rayjay
12-11-2005, 01:28 AM
RIP Richard. The heavens are a funnier place now.

Big House
12-11-2005, 06:50 AM
I am going to miss the comical antics of Richard Pryor for a long time. His stories, and the way he did stand up back then shaped the way comedy is delivered today. Yes profane, need i say very profane, but that was time and life Rich lived. Addicted to the pipe, rich, and black....his life wasn't easy, and his jokes and stories, as funny and as crude as some of them were, were just his way of telling us what it was like to be Richard Pryor. Much like Good ole George Carlin, whom I love to hear also because like Richard, they tell it like it is, straight up, with no chaser. In the words of Richard, I ain't dead yet muth:censor: , and he never will be...as long as we remember his greatness.

watts428
12-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Definitely one of, if not the funniest man ever. I can remember rolling on the floor laughing at his albums. Mudbone - one of the funniest!!