PDA

View Full Version : This will make you proud

DEFYANT
12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Unlike my better half, I dont post links that take us off this site very often. But this is really something worthy for ALL of us following the war in Iraq to view.

Weather you are for or against the war. Despite your political affiliation.... this needs to be seen.

Enough banter, check this out:

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THISWILLMAKEYOUPROUD.HTML

spiders
12-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Thank you. That was very refreshing and truly appreciated.
Spiders

marauder307
12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Defyant, that is truly a great thing. :up: Even though about half the pictures never came up, I still think she's 110% correct, and I applaud your boldness and sense of patriotism in bringing that in for us.

Keeping those above sentiments in mind, it is my depressing duty to tell you that this thread probably only has an hour or so to live.:( You know Logan's stance on this kinda thing...:shake:

DEFYANT
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
As long as a debate over politics does not erupt, it should be safe. Even then, perhaps deleting the offending post and not the tread would be ok...

rayjay
12-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks Defyant. I always knew the kids from my home town had what it takes. :2thumbs:

SergntMac
12-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I do not see how such an uplifting message could upset anyone. You can have your opinions on the war and the politics behind it, but the men and women who serve are just following orders. I think this thread is fine, thank you, Charlie.

OTOH, long ago I stopped being surprised where a thread will take us...

Hotrauder
12-15-2005, 03:13 PM
This tread is about the gallantry of the troops and the failure of the press. It is a story we are all familiar with but needs to be repeated again and again along with the real story of the Iraqui people. Politics is a dirty business and seems to be the game of lesser men.
thanks Charlie. Dennis

rocknrod
12-15-2005, 03:35 PM
As long as a debate over politics does not erupt, it should be safe. Even then, perhaps deleting the offending post and not the tread would be ok...
That'd make too much sence.

Petrograde
12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
...good stuff. :up:

That's one hell of a Marine! :flag:

Bluerauder
12-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Weather you are for or against the war. Despite your political affiliation.... this needs to be seen.
The one statement .... "carrying an M16 and a Beretta and 228 years of Marine Corps pride" says it all.

Thanks for passing that along, Charlie !! :up: OORAH !!!

I personally would have recommended the Medal of Honor -- just like SGT Alvin York in similar circumstances.

looking97233
12-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Okay this may be long and ramble a bit...

I'd bet if you asked this Marine and many other Marines, Soliders, Law Enforciement Officers, Fire Fighters and all the other 'normal people' who are put in extrodinary circumstances, would say something to the effect "I just did what needed to be done, something needed to be done, I did it"

Just doing my job.

Many poeple who have done extrodinary things don't understand when everyone who hears about it stands gaping mouth in awe or inital disbelief. They were just doing thier job or wanted to help, whether it be on the battlefield, on a city street, a burning building or any other place for that matter. Put in a situation you just react, and thats it.

Courage.

Physical courage is the easy part. Moral courage is a bit more difficult. Doing what is right beacuse it is right. Not letting the bully bully the weaker guy, stopping someone from stealing from others, or telling your friends the truth. These are the hard things. Moral courage is born of love. Love of your fellow man. Not a drunken 'I love you man' but a caring for the well being of others. Ask the Marine Cpt. about his men. At the bottom of the answer pool you wil find love for the men he commands.

I spent some years as a scout in the Army. I thank God I never witnessed combat, but I knew many that did.

Why some stand up and act while others do nothing I do not know, I guess it's just the way they are built. I don't believe I have ever been seriously tested, I hope that by doing what is right in day to day life and trying to be a better person that, if and when that day comes I will rise to the occasion.

Thanks for listening.
I hope I made my point well enough for all to understand.
Rod.

jgc61sr2002
12-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Charlie - Thanks that was very uplifting.

Petrograde
12-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Okay this may be long and ramble a bit...

I'd bet if you asked this Marine and many other Marines, Soliders, Law Enforciement Officers, Fire Fighters and all the other 'normal people' who are put in extrodinary circumstances, would say something to the effect "I just did what needed to be done, something needed to be done, I did it"

Just doing my job.

Many poeple who have done extrodinary things don't understand when everyone who hears about it stands gaping mouth in awe or inital disbelief. They were just doing thier job or wanted to help, whether it be on the battlefield, on a city street, a burning building or any other place for that matter. Put in a situation you just react, and thats it.

Courage.

Physical courage is the easy part. Moral courage is a bit more difficult. Doing what is right beacuse it is right. Not letting the bully bully the weaker guy, stopping someone from stealing from others, or telling your friends the truth. These are the hard things. Moral courage is born of love. Love of your fellow man. Not a drunken 'I love you man' but a caring for the well being of others. Ask the Marine Cpt. about his men. At the bottom of the answer pool you wil find love for the men he commands.

I spent some years as a scout in the Army. I thank God I never witnessed combat, but I knew many that did.

Why some stand up and act while others do nothing I do not know, I guess it's just the way they are built. I don't believe I have ever been seriously tested, I hope that by doing what is right in day to day life and trying to be a better person that, if and when that day comes I will rise to the occasion.

Thanks for listening.
I hope I made my point well enough for all to understand.
Rod.

now ^^that^^ is a great post! :up: