PDA

View Full Version : Ford 500 Question??

wsmylie
12-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Have put the MM into garage hibernation mode for a few months. Have just picked-up a new 06 Ford 500 Limited sedan on a 90 day "mini-lease" to use while traveling into the rust belt/road salt midwest (Cleveland, Chicago etc). The car had about 10 miles on it when I picked it up last night and came only with a small, fold-up quick reference guide instead of a full owner's manual. The car actually drives well and seems like it is pretty well assembled (it has no manual/keyed trunk lock though??). What has me stumped is that everytime I get back into the car and start it up I have to reset the two sideview mirrors. Apparently whenever I shut it off both mirrors move to the down and inward position so all you see in the reflection is the sides of the car till you reset them. Am I doing something wrong??? Can any of you dyed in the wool FoMoCo guys help me on this one? Thanks...BILL:D .

Eric91Z
12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry, can't help you there. My wife drives our '05 Five Hundred SE, so we don't have all the options of the Limited. No problems ever with our power mirrors.

Try this website:

http://www.myford500.com/ - good information over there. And quite a few Limited owners on there. I do like the car, personally. Just lacking a little bit of power.

shakes_26
12-15-2005, 02:15 PM
link check here (http://www.genuineservice.com/default.asp?page=E4)

You need to SET the driver seat memory, it controls the seat, mirror, and foot pedals to their 'memorized' psoition.

adjsut as required, press SET button until it lites, then hit 1 or 2, then your done.

ctrcbob
12-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Never heard of a "Mini-Lease" in this country. Whenever I go to France for a few weeks, I (Mini) lease a brand new Renault Laguna II. (Great car, the size of a Honda Accord and not bad looking either). The shortest I've leased was seventeen days, and the longest was six weeks. I think they would allow me to lease for up to six months.

wsmylie
12-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Marc (aka Shakes) you're such a smart guy buddy... am gonna try the memory seat thing in the A.M. :D