PDA

View Full Version : Paint how to?

Paul T. Casey
12-17-2005, 07:33 AM
I put this in the lounge because it's not for my Marauder, yet. Does anyone know of any good how to books on painting and body work? I'm thinking of asking Santa for some technical material, and my library is painfully lacking in this category. I've done some body and paint work in the past, but for my own projects I'd like to know the best methods. Fiberglass resto information is also a need of mine (got several boats to pretty up too). Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays to all.

Paul

cyclone03
12-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Head over to the local Borders,Barnes and Noble or any other Big Box book store in your area and look in the Automotive/Transportation section there are several books out on Paint and Body work.

You can also search Amazon too.

I like the book store search best because you need to make sure the methods are current,modern paints and products.

If you have an automotive supply in your area that has paint they may have some good books too.

Mike Poore
12-17-2005, 09:16 AM
I put this in the lounge because it's not for my Marauder, yet. Does anyone know of any good how to books on painting and body work? I'm thinking of asking Santa for some technical material, and my library is painfully lacking in this category. I've done some body and paint work in the past, but for my own projects I'd like to know the best methods. Fiberglass resto information is also a need of mine (got several boats to pretty up too). Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays to all.

Paul
Just a thought, Paul, but have you consideded taking a body shop course at your local Vo-tech center? I'm guessing, by your age, the kids have flown the nest, what better way to spend a cople of nights a week, learning cool stuff? :)

BUCKWHEAT
12-17-2005, 09:27 AM
You might go to a West Marine store. They have books and materials for the boat. You might also look at the Boat US catalog. happy grinding!!