12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Clicky-clicky, too see...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420925

teamrope
12-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Houston, we gots us a problem. :)

Blackened300a
12-19-2005, 07:35 PM
For a Diesel to come apart like that, It has to have Major LBs of Boost or It would have to "Runaway" Its a actual term that was common on the old 2 stroke Detroit diesel's where the oil drainage tube or "slober tube" would drip oil into the Airbox and after a while it would seep into the combustion chamber and make a engine with a rated RPM of 2300 turn 12,500 RPMS and Blow apart! That looks like a Cummins Turbo Diesel but the Fact that it has a Bosch fuel pump on it has me thinking its a painted Caterpillar engine.

With all the money invested into a Engine like that, Why the Hell would you use a NAPA oil Filter on it!!!

STLR FN
12-19-2005, 07:42 PM
in a Scotty voice

Captian I'm givin her all she's got. She can't take anymore.

ckadiddle
12-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Looks like the south 40 aint gonna get plowed this year.

mtnh
12-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but what is wrong with napa oil filters? At least for cars, they are superior to most filters on the market with more filter surface area, metal filter paper end caps, real springs for bypass valve action, and good anti-drainback check valves. Do they not make as good a filter when it comes to Diesel engines?

MENINBLK
12-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but what is wrong with napa oil filters? At least for cars, they are superior to most filters on the market with more filter surface area, metal filter paper end caps, real springs for bypass valve action, and good anti-drainback check valves. Do they not make as good a filter when it comes to Diesel engines?

My, My, Grasshopper...
You have a lot of schooling to experience yet !!!

N A P A is a FOUR LETTERED WORD !!!

RF Overlord
12-20-2005, 11:07 AM
NAPA filters are made by WIX, and are extremely high quality. In fact they are the same identical filters WIX sell under their own label; the ONLY differences are the part number and the paint on the can. WIX make excellent filters for heavy-duty truck and commercial engines, too.

Breadfan
12-20-2005, 12:15 PM
http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html (http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html)

:rolleyes: I didn't do that...

Those pics are great, I can't believe they got a shot like that first one. Amazing to see - if you read the thread they say they run about 100psi of boost in those things on alchohol fuel.

I must say though, those are some strong rods and pistons for not breaking before the actual block. Then again, if it's an old block whats to say it didn't have a few stress fractures that caused a weak point.

Blackened300a
12-20-2005, 02:20 PM
NAPA filters are made by WIX, and are extremely high quality. In fact they are the same identical filters WIX sell under their own label; the ONLY differences are the part number and the paint on the can. WIX make excellent filters for heavy-duty truck and commercial engines, too.

We have a fleet of 17 Tractors and Various Equipment. We use Fleetguard brand Filters only! Its what Cummins Recommends for its diesel Engines. Caterpillar has their own brand of filter as does Mack and International. When I think of Napa, I compare it to a R&S Strauss. The place you go to for Air fresheners and floormats, not to protect your valuble engine.
Especially in that Case where its used to protect a race engine!!!

We use Wix Water Filters. They last longer and prevent Gelling in the engine, As for a Oil filter, Our engine's Idle for a long time and we go with what the OEM suggests

merc6
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
is this on the same lines?
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C5FE8244-E523-4CAF-9A65-5842DA3C3B54&p=0

mtnh
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
One other thing to consider on the oil filter: there is a great chance that NAPA is one of the "Puller's" sponsor.

Can we get a fleetguard oil filter for the 4.6? :D

BTW: Wha'chall doing with 17 tractors in queens??
One more: Great Avatar, can you add a line like "all of you from the dark side, get out of my house!"

Rider90
12-20-2005, 09:41 PM
After cutting apart many name brand oil filters, I will ONLY use Napa.

Blackened300a
12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
BTW: Wha'chall doing with 17 tractors in queens??
One more: Great Avatar, can you add a line like "all of you from the dark side, get out of my house!"

We haul construction material in the Tri-state area.
Thanks for the compliment about my Avatar! However, Its getting Dated already, Im trying to find a better one