PDA

View Full Version : Tigers kill mugger

DefyantExWife
12-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Tigers Kill Suspect at South African Zoo

By Associated Press

<script type="text/javascript">document.write(getElapsed("20051221T181955Z"));</script>14 minutes ago<noscript>UPDATED 0 MINUTES AGO</noscript>
BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa - A suspected mugger being chased by security guards met a grisly end after he fled into a zoo and climbed into the tiger enclosure.
His mauled body was discovered Sunday by a visitor to the zoo in this central Southern African city, prompting initial confusion as to how the man ended up in the enclosure.
Police said Wednesday the man and an accomplice had robbed a couple at knifepoint early Sunday. Security guards gave chase and one of the suspects jumped over the perimeter fence. He then apparently ran to the tiger's den in the middle of the zoo.
"What exactly happened we don't know and we won't ever know because the only person who could tell us is dead," police spokeswoman Else Gerber said.
She said there was an empty can of beer near the corpse and that the autopsy would reveal whether the man was intoxicated at the time.
Zoo officials have said the Bengal tigers will not be destroyed because they were blameless. The tigers had been fed on Saturday and so did not eat the man because they were not hungry, according to media reports.

Bluerauder
12-21-2005, 12:07 PM
She said there was an empty can of beer near the corpse ....
Very suspicious ... did they administer the breath-a-lyzer to the tigers? :rofl:

Jumping a fence right into the tiger's den sounds like something right out of a cartoon. :rolleyes:

ckadiddle
12-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Tigers are cleaning out the gene pool for us.

Mike Poore
12-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Jumping a fence right into the tiger's den sounds like something right out of a cartoon. :rolleyes:

Well .....it was dark. ;)

looking97233
12-21-2005, 01:03 PM
well what do you expect?

What would you do if someone broke into your house then came into your bedroom? I'd just shoot the guy but, I'm not gonna argue with the tiger about his means.

Rod.

CBT
12-21-2005, 01:12 PM
For services set forth in the following citation:
"After exerting much energy mugging someone at knife point while intoxicated, and expending the energy required to scale two fences, and using the last ounce of your energy failing to fend off a total ass-whooping by some very surprised Tigers who must have thought Christmas came early, you are hereby the recipient of this years Darwin Award, posthumously, thank God."

Mike Poore
12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
"After exerting much energy mugging someone at knife point while intoxicated, and expending the energy required to scale two fences, and using the last ounce of your energy failing to fend off a total ass-whooping by some very surprised Tigers who must have thought Christmas came early, you are hereby the recipient of this years Darwin Award, posthumously, thank God."

I nominate CBT for quip of the year award! :laugh:

BTW, he was able to take his beer along to his own a$$ whuping.:D

Joe Walsh
12-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I think that the 'perps' name was: Claude Bawls.....:D

DefyantExWife
12-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I love how the tigers just purely kicked the guy's ass to death but didnt eat him "because they werent hungry." :rolleyes:

1stMerc
12-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I love how the tigers just purely kicked the guy's ass to death but didnt eat him "because they werent hungry." :rolleyes:

I think the tigers were pissed because he only brought one beer. :lol:

rayjay
12-21-2005, 07:49 PM
I believe the tigers knew a POS when they saw it, hence they left it for the flies to eat.

CBT
12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Bjorn Manhammer of the Dutch Partial Free Press was granted an exclusive interview with the two tigers, Tony and Fred:
Bjorn - So what made you attack and kill this man?
Tony - Well, it was either that or watch a Desparate Housewives re-run.
Fred - Yeah, those gals are hot but damn, this dude was asking for it.
Bjorn - Couldn't you have let him off with a warning?
Tony - Who are you, Martha Stewart?
Fred - Look, he's just lucky he didn't end up in Stumpy cage and live to tell.
Bjorn - Who is this Stumpy?
Fred - Stumpy is a 450 pound gorilla who eyeballs all us guys in the shower.
Tony - Yeah, you don't drop the soap when The Stump is around, if you
know what I mean.
Bjorn - Oh? And where is his cage? I mean, you know, so i can avoid it....
Tony - Whatever dude, we're outta here, My Classic Car is on.
Fred - Later, fruity.

Bluerauder
12-22-2005, 07:25 AM
But it seems that they did take his beer and drink it !!! :rofl:

MarauderMark
12-22-2005, 07:13 PM
See what happens when you mess with cheap beer.:shake: :D
Taking the phrase "Grab a Hiney" a little to far.

jgc61sr2002
12-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Condition corrected.:D

MERCMAN
12-23-2005, 05:18 AM
I think the tigers thought it was Sigfreid or Roy. Tigers HATE Vegas ever since Elvis was called home. :rofl:

drgnrdr33
12-24-2005, 01:23 AM

This guy has to get nominated for this years Darwin Awards.

RR|Suki
12-24-2005, 05:03 AM
Bjorn Manhammer of the Dutch Partial Free Press was granted an exclusive interview with the two tigers, Tony and Fred:
Bjorn - So what made you attack and kill this man?
Tony - Well, it was either that or watch a Desparate Housewives re-run.
Fred - Yeah, those gals are hot but damn, this dude was asking for it.
Bjorn - Couldn't you have let him off with a warning?
Tony - Who are you, Martha Stewart?
Fred - Look, he's just lucky he didn't end up in Stumpy cage and live to tell.
Bjorn - Who is this Stumpy?
Fred - Stumpy is a 450 pound gorilla who eyeballs all us guys in the shower.
Tony - Yeah, you don't drop the soap when The Stump is around, if you
know what I mean.
Bjorn - Oh? And where is his cage? I mean, you know, so i can avoid it....
Tony - Whatever dude, we're outta here, My Classic Car is on.
Fred - Later, fruity.

LOL wow, you have way too much time

CBT
12-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Free time plus too much coffee and ciggs, quite the combo sometimes.:)

Mad1
12-24-2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200512/s1535404.htm

The mugger was not the first South African criminal to make the mistake of hiding among zoo animals.

Max, a 200 kilogram gorilla, won fame in 1997 after being wounded by a terrified gunman who jumped a moat into his space in Johannesburg's zoo while fleeing police.

Max pinned the fugitive against the wall of his enclosure and guarded him even after being shot until police arrived, making him an instant folk hero in crime-ridden South Africa.

I guess tigers are tougher on crime, or at least support the death penalty for muggers. :)