PDA

View Full Version : New mufflers and resonator-delete tips are in!

IBLEEDBLUE
12-23-2005, 08:46 AM
OK, so it is not a Marauder, but it is silver.:D I am modding my Marquis for the time being until I can afford my Marauder (New Baby = Low Funds). My first mod is a custom dual exhaust with 2.25 pipe, Hooker aerochamber mufflers, and Marauder resonator-delete tips from Ford Racing. It's not the real deal, but hopefully it will sound good anyway.:P Next up is Crown vic LX sport rims (01-02 style), window tint (not too dark, just tastefull), KYB shocks, and possibly an Addco sway bar.

MM03MOK
12-23-2005, 09:53 AM
:welcome1: to another New Englander. Second from RI, that I know of (Paul T. Casey too.)

Merc-O-matic
12-23-2005, 11:12 AM
OK, so it is not a Marauder, but it is silver.:D I am modding my Marquis for the time being until I can afford my Marauder (New Baby = Low Funds). My first mod is a custom dual exhaust with 2.25 pipe, Hooker aerochamber mufflers, and Marauder resonator-delete tips from Ford Racing. It's not the real deal, but hopefully it will sound good anyway.:P Next up is Crown vic LX sport rims (02-03 style), window tint (not too dark, just tastefull), KYB shocks, and possibly an Addco sway bar.

Let us know how it sounds....never heard of Hooker aerochamber
mufflers? Might get a pair for my ride too.

Gotta Love It! "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

ckadiddle
12-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I was about to do the same thing, or mod up an old cop car when I discovered Marauders.

SergntMac
12-23-2005, 05:38 PM
What year is your GM? The reason I ask is that a lot of our take off parts may be helpful to you.

gdmjoe
12-23-2005, 06:22 PM
IBLEEDBLUE - OK, so it is not a Marauder, but it is silver.:D I am modding my Marquis ..... Next up is Crown vic LX sport rims (02-03 style) ...
As a heads-up FYI ..... The Crown Victoria LX Sport rim selection will be dependent on the year of your Grand Marquis.

Meaning .....

- pre-2003 Grand Marquis will require the 2001-2002 LX Sport rim and will not require a spacer/adapter.

- pre-2003 Grand Marquis can use 2003+ LX Sport rims (as well as Marauder rims) but require a spacer/adapter ( 1 3/8" recommended - clearance, makes it look right, and clears the non-threaded stud nubs ).

- 2003+ Grand Marquis can (should) only use 2003+ LX Sport rims (as well as Marauder rims). *Pre-2003 rims on 2003+ Panthers make the tire protrude beyond the wheel well lip.

*Example of Marauder rims on a 2001 Grand Marquis; the owner used 1" spacers/adapters and cut-off the non-threaded stud nubs.

IBLEEDBLUE
12-23-2005, 07:04 PM
My GM is a 98. I am looking at the 01-02 Lx sport rims, I personally think they look better than the 03-05 sport rims, and I don't need spacers. I was originally going to get Marauder rims until I called the dealer to get a price, I almost fainted when they told me! I also wanted Marauder tinted headlights but they will not fit my car, oh well eventually I will have them.:banana2: I will be getting my exhaust installed on Jan 2nd, I'll post a sound clip when it's done.