PDA

View Full Version : What are these?? Tractor/Car hybrid??

Breadfan
12-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Wow, I really totally stumbled across this page. Was doing an image search for some car stuff and one of the pics was off this site.

I went to the main site and these are very interesting. They look like Tractor/Car hybrids...whats the deal??

These are so cool! Site is not in English.

http://www.lanz-bulldog.ch/fotogalerie-autotraktoren.htm

Carson-Mo
12-23-2005, 12:35 PM
That's a Swiss site..............crazy Europeans, gotta drive the tractor into town.........

very cool tho

MM03MOK
12-23-2005, 12:40 PM
That's a Swiss site..............crazy Europeans, gotta drive the tractor into town.........

very cool thoHi Carson! That didn't take you long!!! Merry First Christmas to you, Dear!!

Carson-Mo
12-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes isn't it interesting how articulate I am for 6 months old?

(check out my profile--hehe)

MM03MOK
12-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes isn't it interesting how articulate I am for 6 months old?

(check out my profile--hehe)I'm sure you excel in your job!! ;) :bunny:

cyclopsram
12-23-2005, 01:08 PM
A "variety of Auto tractors..? Between the two big wars and after the second one, there was a lack of farm tractors in Europe and elsewhere.. As necessity is the mother of invention, many different old cars were converted into farm tractors...now of course, like most other old things, they are collectible... The Lanz tractors are extremely collectible.. RAM

wsmylie
12-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Pretty neat stuff.... The Minniapolis(sp?)-Moline tractor company built something like a car/tractor hybrid here in the states back in the thirties or forties I believe; saw one on display a few years ago at the annual Thanksgiving week car show in Daytona. It was a pretty slick contraption as I recall. Along the same lines, anybody else here remember the Crosley "Farm-O-Road" mini tractor/car combo from the fifties?