PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Corolla, any issues ??

Thomas C Potter
12-27-2005, 02:43 PM
First off, not my car !! This is all my brother wanted to buy, and he's a former Trans Am owner!! . Anyway, any known problems with these jap wagons?? Please keep the replies factual, I know many of you would have much to say otherwise.

TP

SergntMac
12-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Ummm...What's a Cro, coro...Nevermind.

Rider90
12-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Corona? Never liked the stuff. I'm more of a cognac drinker. Anyone know what this guy is talking about?

Hotrauder
12-27-2005, 03:37 PM
The only problem is that we may already be at the inevitable point where foreign cars will be the only choice. Hopefully they will at least be built in this country. They are fine, well built economical cars of high quality and workmanship with long Warrentees. The dealers know their product lines and want to sell cars. A hard combo to beat on the domestic scene. The tunnel vision gutless clowns in this country are still sound asleep as their businesses are going belly up. Sorry, :soap: just disappointed as can be with what has happened over the past 50 years I have been driving american iron. Dennis

Bluerauder
12-27-2005, 03:53 PM
First off, not my car !!
No personal experience here; but if volume is any indicator ... it must be pretty decent. ;) It seems like it is the car of choice for commuting in the Northern Virginia area. More and more Corolla and Corolla S drivers are showing up every day. Now if we can only keep 'em out of the left lane. :rolleyes:

jimlam56
12-27-2005, 04:20 PM
The only problem is that we may already be at the inevitable point where foreign cars will be the only choice. Hopefully they will at least be built in this country. They are fine, well built economical cars of high quality and workmanship with long Warrentees. The dealers know their product lines and want to sell cars. A hard combo to beat on the domestic scene. The tunnel vision gutless clowns in this country are still sound asleep as their businesses are going belly up. Sorry, :soap: just disappointed as can be with what has happened over the past 50 years I have been driving american iron. Dennis:concur: And add that why would anyone want to drive such a "soulless" car?

MarauderMark
12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Heard they use to much soy sauce.
:hotrice:

Logan
12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Are you aware this is mercurymarauder.net? ;)

hmmmm.... I wonder if toyotacorolla.net is available... :)

CRUZTAKER
12-27-2005, 04:40 PM
A coworker of mine has gone through two of them over the last 3 years of our 'road work'. The first two were leases, and he bought the third. Averaging 27k a year in travel milage, he made out on fuel economy, and had nothing warranty wise to speak of. It made my Vic's 22mpg feel like a gas guzzler in comparison.

The only 'issue' as you put it, that I noticed, and should likely be brought to light...

When I rode in it, or watched him drive off....
He, we....I ....look like a fag behind the wheel of it.

Just as folks look at us in a Marauder, they will look at him in this tiny little car.

Aside from making the driver appear queer...the car does little more as a failure than that unjust deed.

Buy it. Look queer. Enjoy the economics.

Joe Walsh
12-27-2005, 04:44 PM
A coworker of mine has gone through two of them over the last 3 years of our 'road work'. The first two were leases, and he bought the third. Averaging 27k a year in travel milage, he made out on fuel economy, and had nothing warranty wise to speak of. It made my Vic's 22mpg feel like a gas guzzler in comparison.

The only 'issue' as you put it, that I noticed, and should likely be brought to light...

When I rode in it, or watched him drive off....
He, we....I ....look like a fag behind the wheel of it.

Just as folks look at us in a Marauder, they will look at him in this tiny little car.

Aside from making the driver appear queer...the car does little more as a failure than that unjust deed.

Buy it. Look queer. Enjoy the economics.

Drive it and have a GAY 'OLE TIME!!!

SergntMac
12-27-2005, 04:52 PM
cro...cra...cora...Yeesh!

cary....cray

crayola?

BruteForce
12-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Announcing the all new 2006 Nihon-go Carioke-olla!

Barry,
You should be an ad writer for a US car manufacturer. :D

Thomas C Potter
12-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Such high quality replies !!

RoyLPita
12-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I never see anyone drive a Corolla with a smile on their face. All I see drive them are very fat women who fit like Sherman Klump in the Viper. When they are traded in, the Haitians get them. Then you hear them go around corners and rattle my fillings out from the CV joints crackling.

Have you noticed that people in Chicago with 6666 posts cannot even pronounce the name correctly?! :lol:

SergntMac
12-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Such high quality replies !! Whoa...What did you ask of members at a Marauder site? From Marauder-minded owners?

You want "Consumer Reports" like replies? Go ask Consumer Reports!

Dude...I know our "Lounge" area is (arrgh, ahem) "for off-Marauder" topics, (hack, cough) therefore somewhat "open and free" like late '60s sex. But, don't ask for our advice on DVD players, microwaves, "does this make me look fat", or, Crayolas. There IS a limit...Eh?

If you're pizzed right now, I apologize. I started it with the first wize azzed reply. But, it was your question...Right? I apologize for the...(Ahem) "mud" but, you took the first step into it...

StevenJ
12-27-2005, 07:39 PM
I never see anyone drive a Corolla with a smile on their face. All I see drive them are very fat women who fit like Sherman Klump in the Viper. When they are traded in, the Haitians get them. Then you hear them go around corners and rattle my fillings out from the CV joints crackling.

Have you noticed that people in Chicago with 6666 posts cannot even pronounce the name correctly?! :lol:

My friend has a Corrolla, rather my ex-friend but I won't get into why I don't talk to him any more, cough stoner, cough.... I've driven it, its slow, noisy, handels okay and has a super cheap interior with lots of parts, like the storage bins that are extremely flimsy and snap very easily. I suggest a look at the Chevy Cobalt or a Mazda 3. That's just me. Pretty much what Roy said is right. A lot of kids get them as first cars too. But if I were getting a compact, it is NOT what I'd spring for.

Agent M79
12-27-2005, 08:03 PM
If you take out the spare tire, it'll fit in the trunk.

Donny Carlson
12-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Isn't that the Japense word for "turd" ?

たわごと - "oh rot a feering"

Now, thisa he-yah is a true MERKIN Car-oll-a

http://www.superjamie.net/garage/4x4-corolla-ke35.jpg