PDA

View Full Version : A Morbid Thought but...

Blackened300a
12-27-2005, 04:20 PM
I was just Curious to see how much we really love our Marauder's by asking what you would want to happen it to it if God forbid you were to pass?
I would Leave it to my Brother in law, Hes the only person I know that could take care and appreciate it as Much as I do.

A bit of a oddball question but a freind asked it to me and it took me a while to come up with a answer.

jimlam56
12-27-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm sure my three teenage boys would share driving responsibility equally!:baaa:

Eric91Z
12-27-2005, 04:29 PM
I think I would try to have it put in storage and leave for my 6 month old baby girl and hope she loves cars as much as I do.

MarauderMark
12-27-2005, 04:37 PM
MM.NET Raffle.:up:

Vortech347
12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Wife gets the Merc and stang. Either way I made her promise she'd throw a set of spares to the stang and merc with me when I die. LOL

Leadfoot281
12-27-2005, 05:44 PM
I haven't got a mom or dad. No brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grand parents or cousins either, so everything I have goes to the Make a Wish Foundation. The Marauder and my 2000 acres would go to the highest bidder.

I don't think my friends could drive the car after I kick off. Could you drive a dead friends car?

Hopefully one of my friends hauls my room temperature behind to the boneyard in the Marauder. :burnout: I'd probably come back to life and crawl out of a Cadillac Hearse (It'd be my first and last time in a caddy!).

Unless, of course, the Marauder and I kick off together.:eek:

Morbid enough? lol

LVMarauder
12-27-2005, 06:26 PM
my brother, Im the one who got him into cars and he worships mine.

Tallboy
12-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, buddy, when I die, throw my body in the back.

Drive me to the junkyard in my...[Marauder];)

ckadiddle
12-27-2005, 06:31 PM
My wife loves the Marauder as much as she loves her 'stang 'vert. She gets it.

Petrograde
12-27-2005, 06:44 PM
I have left detailed instructions:

It will be dismantled down to the last nut and we will be launched into space. Maybe a Borg ship will find us and repair us.

:P

SergntMac
12-27-2005, 06:54 PM
I have left detailed instructions: It will be dismantled down to the last nut and we will be launched into space. Yep. My thoughts too, Tom, thanks.

'Cept that rather than launch it all to the new frontier, just send one piece/part/bolt/nut to everyone who has driven this particular Marauder.

Ummm...I may come up short, but screw 'em. I'm dead anyway, right?

EDIT: On second thought...Now that I've crunched some numbers, my executor may be sending out some bones...Looks like too many folks have been behind my wheel.

Agent M79
12-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Well... If the AC is still blowin' cold I might have to take it with me...

RoyLPita
12-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Mine will sold by my family or repo'd because they have no real interest in my car hobbies whatsoever.

StevenJ
12-27-2005, 07:47 PM
I don't have to ask that question, I have the answer. The car went to me when the original owner died. SO be it!

martyo
12-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Mine goes to Todd (TAF here on the site) if his wife will let him have it.

ALF
12-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Give it to the cat.

wsmylie
12-27-2005, 11:04 PM
My early twenties son (I'm long divorced, he's my only child) asked that very question of me when we met for dinner just over a week ago....I replied "When I die I don't need no coffin, I've thought about it all too often, just strap me in behind the wheel and bury me in my auto-moblie".:D

MENINBLK
12-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Sit me in the driver's seat and bury me in it...

HwyCruiser
12-27-2005, 11:29 PM
I just hope she gets sold to someone who will take care of her. For some reason I see some knucklehead beating her like a stray dog and it makes me sad. :(

TripleTransAm
12-27-2005, 11:29 PM
I suppose I'd want my wife to keep using the MM(s) for its intended purpose: provide a safe method of transportation for my kids. However, she'd probably end up cursing me to her dying days for saddling her with such lemon(s). :lol:

Now it's the Firebudgies that I'm most concerned about... it doesn't take much hp for a kid to get into trouble, and I know at age 22 when I bought my GTA the only thing keeping my butt in line was the fear of getting my a$$ kicked from here to Mars by my dad if I wrecked the car (small loan from my parents, and large loan from grandparents). Okay, I had personal interest in keeping the car intact since I was so ga-ga over it, but temptation is temptation...

So if I was to kick it before making it to great-grandfatherhood, I'd have to make sure whoever got 'custody' of the cars in the meantime restricted access until they judged my kids mature enough to resist killing themselves.

Jeez, I'm only thinking about my GTA here (my '78 isn't such a threat, for now)... what about my WS6??? An adolescent or young twenty-something with that much power is a mass-murder waiting to happen... :(

Two Hawks
12-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Sit me in the driver's seat and bury me in it...:agree:

That's what I told them to do with me,
but I don't think they like my idea. :(

TAF
12-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Mine goes to Todd (TAF here on the site) if his wife will let him have it.

And...I have that in writing...BTW. ;)

cruzer
12-28-2005, 10:16 PM
My great-grandaughter, Audri will get Pop-Pop 'Rauder's MM on her 16 th birthday and I'm going to hand her the keys personally--I'll only be 91--figure that will be about time to slow down a bit---Have a Happy New Year--- Pop-Pop 'Rauder and Audri:)

1stMerc
12-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Mine would have to go to my nephew. He's the only one in the family who would really appreciate having a car that looks this good and this much performance. He really loves V8s

O's Fan Rich
12-29-2005, 06:16 AM
Trust me, this has recently passed through my mind.
#1 Son gets it.
#2 Son gets my 68 Fastback.

My wife even th\ought of this, when I was down and almost out.
Wonder what she'd do with all the insurance money.......:eek:

CBT
12-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Mine's going out with me, both of us screaming.

Vortech347
12-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Mine's going out with me, both of us screaming.
:beer: I fully agree with that!!

Fastronald
12-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I'd expect both of my Sons to drive it, they would appreciate it.

My daughter would like it, but her driving scares me.

marauder307
12-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Decent question. As I look ahead to getting married next summer, and factor in the failing/fading health of some of the old family members back home, I've found myself thinking about this question in the last year.

Can't give it to my dad. He lives in Denver (snow country), and for him the best car he ever owned was an Austin-Healy 3000. No love for Detroit-based iron. Wants to tell me how his Audi A4 is really cool. Umm...okay...

Can't give it to my mom. Lives in Florida, which---for a Marauder---is the closest it'll ever get to heaven on earth. Unfortunately her idea of practical transportation is a minivan. Can't understand why I bought a high-horsepower musclecar and thinks I'm nuts.

REALLY can't give it to my younger brother. Decent enough kid, I guess, but we do not give him anything with a lot of horsepower. We also do not give him sharp objects...he likes to make them himself. Draw your own conclusions....

Neither of my grandmothers can drive anymore, although my maternal grandmother seems to think that she'll try to (the doctors have told us "don't ever let her have the keys again!").

My fiancee would like it, I think, but she's already told me point-blank that she won't drive it because "it's your car sweetie, and I'm afraid of it. It's so big!". To which my immediate response was "yeah, but you know you like the ride." Again, draw your own conclusions...

My future father-in-law would probably like it, but being in south-central Illinois state, he wouldn't be able to drive it for at least 4 months out of the year. And he's already got a Toyota Tundra that he loves and a Honda Star motorcycle to keep him occupied.

In light of all the abovementioned factoids...I've come up with two possibilities:

1) Donate it to MM.net. I'd trust WChain to take it over and find a good home for it, and the Hulk would be right at home annihilating the freeways around Houston. Perhaps even let NavChap have it when he gets back from "the distant place".

2) Twist on the above theme: Donate it to either Florida Highway Patrol or Honolulu PD. Maybe even Chicago PD---Mac, want yet another MM for a work car? Shoot, you've already had three...what's one more?

And all this, of course, presupposes that I'll even have the Hulk by the time I shuffle off this mortal coil. Events are taking place that may yet see the end of my time as the keeper of the beast.

My crystal ball's in the shop right now, so I don't really have any insights on the future at the moment...but should the hammer fall tomorrow, you all may take this as my conclusive stance on the matter.