PDA

View Full Version : Some big-azzed news!!! LOL

MERCMAN
12-28-2005, 07:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051228/bs_usatoday/carmakerswidenseatsforwidersea ts

QWK SVT
12-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Too bad most automakers aren't increasing leg/head room at the same rate... Afterall, isn't the average height growing? I find it inconceivable that most vehicles don't actually fit me... Even a lot of SUVs don't offer enough soce for me to confortably sit in, and forget if there is a moonroof:mad:

Ross
12-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Somebody tell Bigdogjim about this...

metroplex
12-28-2005, 10:49 AM
There's hardly enough legroom in the driver's seat of my 00 Crown Vic. Legroom as in width - my knees bang against the dash or the side of the door, or the "cupholder" slash ashtray.

My 88 Dodge Aries had more driver's legroom than the Crown Vic.

Rider90
12-28-2005, 10:57 AM
The only fuss I have with mine is our seat should either be lower or our dashboard higher somehow. The steering wheel comes out too low, and the tilt adjusts the angle but also pushes the steering wheel further away.

TripleTransAm
12-28-2005, 11:29 AM
I find that with the combination of tilt wheel, adjustable pedals and seat adjustments, I'm able to get an awesome driving position (that suits me personally, of course). Sometimes I do find the seat a little high, but then again I sit with my butt what feels like an inch off the ground in my '78 so that's not a good comparison.

I've only done two really long distance trips (12+ hours) with my MM#1, and I wasn't terribly impressed with the long term comfort. I think the best seat I've experienced is that of my 1998 WS6, where I drove for 2 days straight (12 hours each day) and when I got to my destination I immediately went to work for about 4-5 hours before heading to my hotel. No fatigue, I felt I could have driven right back home upon my arrival (indeed, I almost managed the return trip in one go but a close call with a racoon left me thinking it was safest to resume the remaining 2 hours of the trip in daylight).

Both the 2003 Hershey and 2004 Dayton trips had me feeling tuckered out at the end of each leg. Perhaps a little more 'bucket' action in the MM seats would have addressed this?