PDA

View Full Version : Kooks member price? + Install

Marauder2005
12-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Hello, I was just curious if anyone knew If Kooks still has MM.Net member

pricing? Just thought I would ask before I called them. Also, can anyone

give me an est. on what they paid for install (Headers, Xpipe+cats, Mufflers)

Thanks folks, all input is welcome! :)

MM03MOK
12-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Hello, I was just curious if anyone knew If Kooks still has MM.Net member pricing? Just thought I would ask before I called them. Also, can anyone give me an est. on what they paid for install (Headers, Xpipe+cats, Mufflers)

Thanks folks, all input is welcome! :)As I recall, there was group pricing through Dennis Reinhart during a specific time period.

BruteForce
12-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Cost to install is going to vary based on who you have do it. If the shop has ever installed headers before, these won't be any great challenge.

Master
12-31-2005, 06:18 AM
Hey folks,
If anyone is reading this thread, I'd also love to hear what is involved in getting the Kooks MM discount. When I last considered ordering, I was speaking to the folks at Kooks in person. Today, though, I checked out the on-line order page and there is no place to put in notes about discounts or member pricing. If anyone has input, I'm all ears.
Thanks,
David

CRUZTAKER
12-31-2005, 09:03 AM
.....If the shop has ever installed headers before, these won't be any great challenge.

This statement is right on. Install can be as low as $400 from a shop that does this regularly. If you provide them with our members 'install notes', that info alone could shave an hour off their install time.;)

SergntMac
12-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey folks, If anyone is reading this thread, I'd also love to hear what is involved in getting the Kooks MM discount. When I last considered ordering, I was speaking to the folks at Kooks in person. Today, though, I checked out the on-line order page and there is no place to put in notes about discounts or member pricing. If anyone has input, I'm all ears.
Thanks, David
I don't think there is such a thing, David. Why would Kook's give us a member discount on a headers made exclusively for our Marauder, and fitting no other vehicle? Who else are they selling too? Yes, we have shaved a few bucks from the cost with a group buy, perhaps this is what you are thinking of?

txmarauder
12-31-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't think there is such a thing, David. Why would Kook's give us a member discount on a headers made exclusively for our Marauder, and fitting no other vehicle? Who else are they selling too? Yes, we have shaved a few bucks from the cost with a group buy, perhaps this is what you are thinking of?

Maybe because they did it before.:rolleyes:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5054&highlight=kooks

MM03MOK
12-31-2005, 10:41 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5054&highlight=kooks
That thread is over 2 years old. As I recall, Kooks is no longer selling direct, but Dennis Reinhart is an Authorized Dealer. Dennis, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not even sure Kooks is a Supporting Vendor themselves anymore.

Some discounting has since happened in a group purchases but I remember it being a hard sell to get enough Members for purchasing power.

txmarauder
12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
That thread is over 2 years old. As I recall, Kooks is no longer selling direct, but Dennis Reinhart is an Authorized Dealer. Dennis, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not even sure Kooks is a Supporting Vendor themselves anymore.

Some discounting has since happened in a group purchases but I remember it being a hard sell to get enough Members for purchasing power.

I dont recall it being hard to get members in on a group buy since i have been personally told by Dennis on the last 2 group buys that i could not participate because the orders have been filled.

The member starting this thread asked if there was a members pricing still going on for kooks and S/Mac said he never heard of such a thing so i was just correcting him and giving the asking member a thread to refer to which has that info. Sorry for trying to help. I wont do it again.

SergntMac
12-31-2005, 01:46 PM
I dont recall it being hard to get members in on a group buy since i have been personally told by Dennis on the last 2 group buys that i could not participate because the orders have been filled.

The member starting this thread asked if there was a members pricing still going on for kooks and S/Mac said he never heard of such a thing so i was just correcting him and giving the asking member a thread to refer to which has that info. Sorry for trying to help. I wont do it again. Good for you, I'm glad you could answer the man's question when I could not. I honestly did not remember the post you produced, can't recall ever reading it before. Nonetheless, there appears to be a discount for MM.Net members, and this should help you get your headers at the same GB price (or better) as we have in the past through DR. Thanks, TX, Happy New Year!

SergntMac
12-31-2005, 02:51 PM
I dont recall it being hard to get members in on a group buy since i have been personally told by Dennis on the last 2 group buys that i could not participate because the orders have been filled. This bothers me, I can't see how any businessman in any line of merchandising, would turn away a customer with money in his hand.

Generally speaking, group buys need a minimum order. As I recall the GB I was in for the Kook's through Dennis, he needed 10 confirmed orders for the minimum. Mary is right, that specific GB was poorly timed, and it took a while to get all 10 orders together (@1400 bucks each), which disappointed some of the members who chipped in early. But, once the 10 orders came in, the GB closed and the 10 orders were filled. I am sure Dennis would have added #11 had that order came in on time. BTW, this was back in 2004, I ordered in July, got the kit shortly after October 1st.

Isn't this a lot like what CAR Motorsports is going through now, with the GH badges? Lot's of interest posted here, but little action/reaction when the door opens. But, I digress.

TX, if you had this exchange with Dennis, I presume you waited just a tad too long. No sweat though, I'm sure it will happen again, anytime 10 or more kits of almost anything here, can move at one time. Maybe you're ready to start another GB now? If you move fast, you may have your Kook's header kit by March 1st?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5054
Ummm...Yeah...This bothers me too.

At first glance, it appears that there is indeed, a discount for MM.Net members. However, it was pointed out, that was a while back too. So, I have since covered that thread from top to bottom, and I have to agree that due to the changes posted in the two year span that has since passed, it's not valid anymore. IMHO, there is no such discount today, other than the discount earned in a group buy. Nonetheless, I remain corrected on the matter.

Guess it's too simple for someone to just call Kook's and ask? If I was interested in Kook's, it maight have been me calling, but I'm not.

MM03MOK
12-31-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry for trying to help. I wont do it again.Yes, you were trying to help, thank you. No need to apologize. I was trying to help too. :rolleyes:

jstevens
12-31-2005, 05:42 PM
I agree. I wouldn't wait for a group buy, just call the supplier and negotiate on your own.

Most are willing to deal to move product. Especially since this is the off season with most cars being in storage. You also have to take into account that there is another header in the playing field now.

MENINBLK
12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
I agree. I wouldn't wait for a group buy, just call the supplier and negotiate on your own.

Most are willing to deal to move product. Especially since this is the off season with most cars being in storage. You also have to take into account that there is another header in the playing field now.

Another header ???
Who else is making LONG TUBE headers specifically for the Marauder ???

Mard
12-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Another header ???
Who else is making LONG TUBE headers specifically for the Marauder ???

I believe Stainless Works make them.

p.s. Don't call the Kooks LONG TUBES around here....I once did and was quickly corrected:rolleyes: ....call them mid-length.

BruteForce
12-31-2005, 07:13 PM
I gotchyer mid-length right here.

Mard
12-31-2005, 07:22 PM
I gotchyer mid-length right here.

Yes you do. I've seen your mid-length(s) and it was quite a site....sounds better though.

Master
01-02-2006, 08:20 AM
May I be the one to put this issue to rest? I have just called George at Kooks (631-586-9002) and explained our current dillema. He checked with someone in the office and came back with the following:
Kooks will offer members a 7% discount - almost what our original offer was - and the oinly proviso is that we must call prior to ordering to advise him that we are a member. The final cost for a complete system, then, is $1,600.00.
I hope that this helps, and that anyone who orders will go out of their way to thanks the folks at Kooks for continuing to support us.
All the best,
David

CRUZTAKER
01-02-2006, 09:54 AM
I don't think there is such a thing, David.....

Yeah, Nick and George offered a fabulous group buy back in the MM/KOOKS infancy. That's when I jumped in. It was definately a 'one of a kind' price that we may never see again.

Thank Nick!

GEORGER@KOOKS
01-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Its George R nick is no longer with us if anyone has anymor ? call me at 631 586 9002 ext 308 that is my office

jawz101
01-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I believe Stainless Works make them.

p.s. Don't call the Kooks LONG TUBES around here....I once did and was quickly corrected:rolleyes: ....call them mid-length.

Another difference is Kook's is 2.5" and SSW is a 3" pipe. Still wondering what that size difference would do.
I would think the 3" size would be better if you're s/c but not on a N/A car. Thoughts?

Marauder2005
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
May I be the one to put this issue to rest? I have just called George at Kooks (631-586-9002) and explained our current dillema. He checked with someone in the office and came back with the following:
Kooks will offer members a 7% discount - almost what our original offer was - and the oinly proviso is that we must call prior to ordering to advise him that we are a member. The final cost for a complete system, then, is $1,600.00.
I hope that this helps, and that anyone who orders will go out of their way to thanks the folks at Kooks for continuing to support us.
All the best,
David

Thank you sir for doing fine investigative work!

DOHCMERC
01-02-2006, 06:40 PM
All the best,
David

Remember, there are no stupid questions..........just stupid people.

What is a "complete system"??? Would I still need mufflers? Cat back?? etc..

Thanks in advance.

(I know, I could have just called George, but this will help my post count)

BruteForce
01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Remember, there are no stupid questions..........just stupid people.

What is a "complete system"??? Would I still need mufflers? Cat back?? etc..

Thanks in advance.

(I know, I could have just called George, but this will help my post count)

Complete system is from the headers on back to, but not including, the tips. Includes headers, X-pipe, 2 high perf cats and mufflers. When I did mine, you could specify which cats and mufflers you wanted. I went with Magnaflow cats and mufflers (18").

DOHCMERC
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Complete system is from the headers on back to, but not including, the tips. Includes headers, X-pipe, 2 high perf cats and mufflers. When I did mine, you could specify which cats and mufflers you wanted. I went with Magnaflow cats and mufflers (18").

Thanks, do the stock tips still work? How do you like the Magnaflows?

Have run Borlas on the Cobra and Flowmasters on 5.0's and liked 'em both.

(The Borlas with a 7000 RPM redline were the ULTIMATE IMHO as far as sound)

BruteForce
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks, do the stock tips still work? How do you like the Magnaflows?

Have run Borlas on the Cobra and Flowmasters on 5.0's and liked 'em both.

(The Borlas with a 7000 RPM redline were the ULTIMATE IMHO as far as sound)

Stock tips work fine. I opted for a set of resonator delete tips for a little more growl. The Kooks are hands down the best single mod I've done and I've done most all short of a SC. I really like the sound and take every possible opportunity to share that with passersby and fellow drivers. :burnout:

DOHCMERC
01-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Stock tips work fine. I opted for a set of resonator delete tips for a little more growl. The Kooks are hands down the best single mod I've done and I've done most all short of a SC. I really like the sound and take every possible opportunity to share that with passersby and fellow drivers. :burnout:

Right on !!!

Thanks for the info.